Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

685 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 420 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 28
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:51 AM
For a staging area do you mean My Documents or so, out of the Program Files folder? If so,it could hold much more content! I'm afraid I have less than 1 gb free in my disk C.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:54 AM
Thank you Delphy.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:10 AM Last edited by aneleh : 15th Aug 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Reading more carefully and thinking again...
Hello!
It won´t install.
I have .net 2.0. I dl the rar file, extract it to own folder, run the exe file, follow instructions to step three and....nothing.
Or....am I not supposed to see the program?? If so, how can I delete it if it´s not working/what I want?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:32 AM
aneleh: As I said, there is no install. You just download, extract, and run. Once step 3 runs you will see .package files in the destination folder.

If you get a specific error, please post that, but "nothing" is not an error message.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:47 AM
Hooray, thank you for this!!! I've just tried it out and it's very fast and easy - no more need for the Sims 3 Launcher that takes forever to install things. The extracted package file is given a name of random numbers and letters, which I just change to a meaningful name so that I know what each package is. I'd been using a program called 3Viewer for this purpose, but yours is much quicker and easier. THANKS so much.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:03 AM
Thank you so much! I've been waiting for something like this. Will be able to spend more time in the game than actually installing things for it now! :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:06 AM
Awesome! :D
But it should be even better with something similar to Qxpress, it made everything sooo easy..
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:22 AM
AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]]=]]=]]=]]=]]=]]
You really made my day. I hate that stupid launcher all the time. It runs so damn slowly and take a lot of disk space of my C drives whenever it installs anything (not to mention the fact that I can't take my free space back when I uninstall something)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:28 AM
Speedy and Easy as always

EDIT: Anyone know how I could pin this to my SuperTaskbar in win 7? Even using a shortcut doesn't work
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:02 PM
thanx again, Delphy =)

I can't figure out the "rename file on save" :s if I click, I see no "rename option" showing up, and the file is extracted but sort of corrupted (actually, a non recognized file). If I just extract without trying to rename, the file is a package (and that's good ^.^).
How does it work, please ?
Scholar
#12 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:03 PM
Thank you so much,Delphy.You have already added so much to our beginning Sims 3 experience.Hugs.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:25 PM
Thank you very much
I'm so grateful for making Simthings so much better
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:56 PM
Sand_Ce, I just uploaded a version that removed that - I coded that a while ago and never could get it working right.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:09 PM
No Mac version? =( *feels rejected*
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Sand_Ce, I just uploaded a version that removed that - I coded that a while ago and never could get it working right.

oki !! thanx for the answer =)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:30 PM
Thanks Delphy!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
Thank you. Once again, your genius inspires me :-)
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:54 PM
Anyone who tries it in Vista 64, would you let us know how it works for you?
Theorist
#20 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iaina
Anyone who tries it in Vista 64, would you let us know how it works for you?

I have Vista 64 and works fine for me
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:04 PM
Oh god I love you! (don't tell HP ) Those sims3packs have been way beyond annoying
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:38 PM
Thank you!!! That's so cool, the launcher was driving me nuts... perhaps a stupid question, but does it any good to take the existing SIM3-Packs out of the Dl-File and install it with your tool? Would that make anything better?
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM
Thank you!
Though I admit I would really like to have files keep the name of the 3pack. Too few creators give an internal name to the package, and I have got umpteens anonymously numbered packages.
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:53 PM
nice idea, but seems you have to unzip/rar them first...which if I'm already doing that, I might as well install them all manually.... or am I missing something?
*still misses the old filemaid*
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:24 PM
I'm still using XP by choice. No mention of Windows XP. Do you think it will work if I install .net 2.0? I have a ton of Net Frameworks but don't think I have 2.0.
Page 1 of 28