Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:03 PM
Default custom music in sims 3
I was wondering if there was a way to put custom music in the Sims 3 game?
If there is what is it? if there isn't Im sorry for waisting your time.

Tiggerwv
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:21 PM
there is a way (i've seen people posting about doing so) however just how i'm not sure off hand. maybe if you tried a google search? or searched mts?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:42 PM
In my documents\electronic arts\sims 3 there should be a custom music folder. Songs you put in there will be played if you set your radio to the custom channel. No custom music in build/buy mode. There's also a mod which lets you make playlists on MTS somewhere.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:20 PM
I would KILL for custom music in buy/build. KILL, I say!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerwv
I was wondering if there was a way to put custom music in the Sims 3 game?
If there is what is it? if there isn't Im sorry for waisting your time.

Tiggerwv

I made a thread asking about that too but the answer is NO, we can't.
So sad
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:49 PM
Thanatozz is right.
Go to My Documents - Electronic Arts - The sims 3, there will be a document that's named 'custom music'. Simply copy and paste songs from your itunes folder (if you use itunes) into this folder, and when you're in the game purchase a radio/stereo.
If you get your sim to change the station to 'Custom Music', it plays random songs that you put in that folder.

I would also kill to be able to play custom music in build/buy btw!
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:45 PM
I like the music in Buy/Build but usually end up muting it because it gets a bit annoying after a while.

I tried putting some of my MP3s in the Custom Music folder, but either they aren't playing or I'm not hearing them in-game. I remember reading where someone said they couldn't hear the custom music unless they turned their music volume WAY up. I forgot to see if that worked.