Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slower Food Spoil mod

by mikrokitty Posted 21st Aug 2009 at 10:40 AM - Updated 21st Aug 2009 at 4:15 PM by mikrokitty

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:53 AM
Great mod, thank you so much
Typical
#3 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:57 AM
He, thanks for this. VERY much needed
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 11:57 AM
I love you. LOL
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 12:56 PM
1 Million hours!

LOL

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 1:43 PM
Thanks a bunch, man! For now I'll try out the 24 Hour version but if I need more time with the "non-spoilage" I'll be sure to take the 1 Million Hours bit for a spin. Ought'a be sweeeet! XD Thanks again, dude! =P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad some of you are able to make use of this

Yes, 1 million hours is my cop-out, as I couldn't find the value to eliminate food spoilage altogether (which was what I was initially after).
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM
Hey yeah!!! I was going to attempt to make this mod for myself as well but you did me a *HUGE* favor!! I like 24 hours. I have a bad habit of leaving my own (RL) food out for that long and I end up throwing it away. IMO, this mod is more realistic than 10 hours.
Thanks for sharing!!

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:19 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:41 PM
I love this...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 5:23 PM
Good deal! All m chefs with small families don't have to eat endless leftovers just so they don't spoil!! Thanks for the great mod! :D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:15 PM
A very useful mod, thanks very much!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:36 PM
Thank you! This really helps in larger households where one sim is making dinner and the other people are off doing their own thing. I get so mad when my sim is painting or tinkering and her dinner goes south Can't wait to try this out!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 11:13 PM
Finally. I always thought it was dumb for food to go bad in 10 hours. 16 hours makes much more sense.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM
First and foremost a big thanks.Next item of business:I was wondering if this has any effect on food placed in the fridge/inventory. If not could you make one that does? Especially in the inventory. My chefs are always bringing home food that I forget to put away.Then they get all grossed out and everything
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:58 AM Last edited by mikrokitty : 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:31 AM.
Foxxy-
I did do a little testing of how 'shelf life' is elongated with the fridge. Not much testing, mind you, but a little.

My initial impressions were that it DID elongate fridge life.

The value for the specific mod that I uploaded is a 'base' figure, so I assume that means that the values for various other prepared food spoilage settings are multipliers, and shelf life would be adjusted accordingly.
Me assuming anything must again be referred to the I Haz No Skillz clause, at least for now.

Prepared food in the fridge already has a fairly high multiplier (something like 7x... if faulty memory serves me), so I doubt that needs any changes with reference to the mod I generated. If user testing indicates otherwise, I did see some tunable options that I could look at.

As to food in inventory - wow, I don't know! I never even thought of that. If you've tested this any in your own game, PM me, I'd be interested in the results.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:56 PM
Thanks so much for this mod! The food spoilage from EAxis is not one I ever wanted in my game and have hated that ANY food goes bad... since it has been carefully prepared and even kicked up a notch by my Natural Cooks... LOL! I will be using the "million hours" flavor and am ever grateful that my sims can now just enjoy their pre-cooked meals whenever they want to and no more tossing out "good" food... Thanks again!

Life is not about surviving the storm but rather how to dance in the rain...

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 12:37 AM
I've been waiting for this. Thank you! ^_^
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:25 PM
Thanks! I did think things left outside went off a bit too fast
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for this! Lately I've been feeling like I am my own sim's maid, since the one they hire has a tendency to get caught up in whatever action is going on around my house and so she never finishes her job. This way, she can clean it up tomorrow and I don't have to worry.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 10:40 AM
1 Million Hours, is a long time, if they dont eat the food, their descendents will have to clear it out.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 2:16 PM
Thanks for this
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:20 PM Last edited by tomboy : 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:55 PM.
Can you please tell me if this Mod is compatible with the latest Patch?

Thankyou
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:14 AM
Yay!! Thanks so much. I love the no-spoil mods for TS2, and I'm thrilled that someone has made them for TS3

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 3:14 PM
I got the 1 million hours but there is one problem, the newspaper never spoiled and my maid doesn't clear it off.
Page 1 of 2