Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 8:54 PM
Default Launcher bypass
I'm still having an issue with this.

I've tried assigning it to say "TS3.exe", "TS3w.exe"... even "TS3EP01.exe" because I have world adventures...

And also I've tried going into the bin and starting it up from "TS3EP01.exe" but that just opens a bunch of gunk in text edit, instead of opening the game...

No matter what I do it still opens the launcher, and I need to bypass it in order to get a No CD mod to work. Bleh.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#27 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 5:21 PM
@kitsune7 & @panowl,
do you both still need help?

If so, please post a picture of the info.plist as shown in the images on page 1. Do you have TS3W.exe in the path as shown in the images on page 1?
And what patch version is the base game on? Game Help:TS3_Patching Find Gameversion#info.plistwiki
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:06 AM
I did it but...
I did it. I got the no cd mod to work but when it gets to the part to choose my game and play, it says I have no cd in the drive and that it cannot work. Retry or cancel. It had my heart drop because I did it all correct. I have loads of mods so... what did I possibly do wrong?
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smurff89
I did it. I got the no cd mod to work but when it gets to the part to choose my game and play, it says I have no cd in the drive and that it cannot work. Retry or cancel. It had my heart drop because I did it all correct. I have loads of mods so... what did I possibly do wrong?

Yes, I think EA has changed the control system, now it asks CD/DVD also without launcher.
Site Helper
#30 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 5:20 PM
At Twallan's site he mentions that the no CD mod will not work if you have an incompatible script mod. Test it without the other script mods. If it works, you have a bad mod to track down and update.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Sure, it works.

Hi,

I did exactly what you did but it does not seem to work. It by passes the launcher but still continues to ask for a disk after the intro.

What do I do?!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 8:52 PM Last edited by robotguy4 : 30th Mar 2015 at 2:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KiranXO
Hi,

I did exactly what you did but it does not seem to work. It by passes the launcher but still continues to ask for a disk after the intro.

What do I do?!

edit: REMOVED THIS LINE

Also, has anyone else noticed that each expansion pack has its own .app and info.plist? I wonder if this could be used in some way...

I like pie...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 8:18 AM Last edited by robotguy4 : 30th Mar 2015 at 4:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by robotguy4
Also, has anyone else noticed that each expansion pack has its own .app and info.plist? I wonder if this could be used in some way...

UPDATE: YES. There is a use: I was able to hack together a standalone launcher app. Once installed, you can just double click it to start up the Sims. Of course, you will need to install the game first.

1. Right click (or hold down control and left click) your The Sims™ 3 Uninstaller and go to Show Original
2. Move The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START here.
3. ???
4. Profit.

You may want to make an alias of The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START for easy access.

If the icon of The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START has a strike through circle on it, you didn't install it in the right place.\

Let me know if you can't get it to work.

Note: I changed the startup screen because why not?

EDIT: removed DIRECT START attachment. Will attempt to add to the utilities downloads later. Also, see post #35 in this thread.

I like pie...
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:51 PM
Default hi please help!
Hi i couldnt find the sims3 uninstaller? i dont know what that is or if i dont have it. Im on a mac

Quote: Originally posted by robotguy4
UPDATE: YES. There is a use: I was able to hack together a standalone launcher app. Once installed, you can just double click it to start up the Sims. Of course, you will need to install the game first.

1. Right click (or hold down control and left click) your The Sims™ 3 Uninstaller and go to Show Original
2. Move The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START here.
3. ???
4. Profit.

You may want to make an alias of The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START for easy access.

If the icon of The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START has a strike through circle on it, you didn't install it in the right place.\

Let me know if you can't get it to work. You should still need a NoCD mod for it to work.

Note: I changed the startup screen because why not?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knicoletetzloff
Hi i couldnt find the sims3 uninstaller? i dont know what that is or if i dont have it. Im on a mac

If you weren't on a Mac, you couldn't do this.

Let's try the long way:
Find your The Sims.app (mine is in a folder in my Applications folder).
Right click it and go to "show package contents".
Open "Contents" folder.
Open "Resources" folder.
Open "AddOns" folder.
Put "The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START" in there.
Run "The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START".

I suggest making an alias to The Sims™ 3 DIRECT START for easier access.

To be honest, I haven't extensively tested that this bypass works with everyone's game. For all I know, it may require at least one expansion pack.

If you are interested in trying it, let me know via PM.

I like pie...
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
For people who hate having to wait for the launcher having launched, and only *then* being able to actually start the game, here's a workaround I've just picked up from this post (pet_peeve at MATY):

This works for me (just tested), and since I'm finding the Launcher an annoying PITA, it's quite an improvement. Thanks pet_peeve!

LIFE SAVER
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:42 AM
i had to do this to play my game, but now im trying to reach my downloaded content. when i hit the ... button, the downloads menu option, and the item i wanted to download, but it crashes becaude it is part of the launcher! how do i revert it!?!?!?
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:15 PM
10.11 etc el capitan after update hang on start. Turn Off WIFI !
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
For people who hate having to wait for the launcher having launched, and only *then* being able to actually start the game, here's a workaround I've just picked up from this post (pet_peeve at MATY):

This works for me (just tested), and since I'm finding the Launcher an annoying PITA, it's quite an improvement. Thanks pet_peeve!

Hello,
After last up date game would not load past initial black screen,had to force quit.
Trying all the clear cache, plist, moved out most mods etc, nothing worked.

I Turned Off the WIFI, the cleared caches, crash reports, plists as recommended, and it now loads directly bypassing launcher, and rather quickly , nice. Have the NRASS stuff.
I do command-return to go out of fullscreen, run in windowed.
Pause and then save and quit.
No problem with lots of custom content, just run in game and CAS
I picked this up in another thread.

Macbook Pro, 15 in., early 2011
2 ghz intel core i7
16 GB mem.
Intel hd graphics 3000

So thanks to all the Mac posters and everybody else.
primative
Page 2 of 2