Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Never fear....Your Aquarium is here!! (and won't die)

by reece22345 Posted 30th Aug 2009 at 10:26 AM - Updated 21st Jul 2010 at 5:16 PM by reece22345

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:23 PM
Cheers. I've an absent minded sim with a busy household and a 'perfect private aquarium' wish. Twice now some of his fish have died because I hadn't noticed that he forget to feed them- this should help!
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:01 PM
Default Very valuable tool for the fisherman goals
Absolutely priceless! Cheers and many thanks..

"To break free"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:09 PM
i always forget to feed the fishes myself so this is just perfect! thank you :D

My Chemical Ravenance*
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:16 PM
I constantly kill my poor Sim fish - I'm glad I'm not that bad in real life with my dog and family! Thank you!

Wait... WHAT?!?!?
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:34 PM
yay! Now I can have that cute pufferfish on my bedside sim table and not wake up to it belly up anymore

Pleased to be meeting you.... :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM
Hasn't happened to me, but knowing me, this is an essential.
Thanks muchly!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:50 PM
Thanks so much - this was so needed. !
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM
Yeah, because that's what fishes are: decoration
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
I've been waiting for someone to make this one - if it didn't happen I was gonna do one myself. Nice job!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:19 PM
I'm really glad for this one. Now I need a bigger aquarium> :D

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:53 PM
My perfect alley catfish died a couple of days ago lol. My angler sims thank you. XD

*~*t.o.w.a*~*
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:44 PM
Thank you for this.

I'm just wondering if I use the never die option, will my sims still be allowed to feed the fish if they want to, autonomously and by clicking feed?

Thanks
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:45 PM
Thanks sooo much! My poor fish only last a sim week because then I forget to feed

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 10:08 PM
Awesome! Thank you very much.
As a realism freak, I love the 7 days option, which is much closer to the real thing. Real fish won't die if you forget to feed them ONCE.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzy9
Thank you for this.

I'm just wondering if I use the never die option, will my sims still be allowed to feed the fish if they want to, autonomously and by clicking feed?

Thanks

yes, you can still feed them manually, however I'll have to recheck the XML when I get home to see if I changed the autonomous as well. If I did I can tweak it and send you the file so you get what you want
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reece22345
yes, you can still feed them manually, however I'll have to recheck the XML when I get home to see if I changed the autonomous as well. If I did I can tweak it and send you the file so you get what you want

cool beans.. that would be great.. thanks :D
Instructor
#18 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:15 AM
Thank you. I can never remember to have my sims feed the fish. I quit keeping fish bowls because they always die.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzy9
cool beans.. that would be great.. thanks :D

Just checked my XML and I've set it so that you will autonomously try and feed the fish after not feeding for 36 hours. Is that ok?

It's a day and a half before you Sim tries to feed them I can change it if you would like to be more "your thing".
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 8:07 AM
Hooray for this one! Now my simmies can have their aquariums back
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reece22345
Just checked my XML and I've set it so that you will autonomously try and feed the fish after not feeding for 36 hours. Is that ok?

It's a day and a half before you Sim tries to feed them I can change it if you would like to be more "your thing".

36 hours.. sounds good. I'll take it how it is.. thank you for your time
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:40 AM
thank you! cool now i can work on my garden and wont have to worry about my fish.
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:15 PM
Thanks. It's nice to add a bit more realism to the sims world.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:27 PM
Good job! My sims love fish but they usually don't have time to feed them. This will be really useful.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:11 AM
This completely rocks. Feeding the fish was becoming a part-time job. Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 3