Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bull-nosed Dado Wall

by JaneSamborski Posted 28th Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 8:21 PM
Thank you! I was just complaining about this earlier while redoing my kitchen. This is wonderful.
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM
A totally needed addition. Thanks so much for sharing it.

OM
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:48 AM
Thank you SO much for this! I was really hoping for a backsplash in my hacienda kitchen, and this is just perfect.

Greater Pittsburgh Paranormal Society
"Orbs Don't Count!"
Investigator-In-Training
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:52 AM
Fabulous idea, just what we needed! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 3:16 AM
I have been looking for walls like this, good to know I'm not crazy for not being able to find something like this in base game. The molding and shadows are perfect too.
Inventor
#7 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for sharing these! They look great.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 3:46 AM Last edited by Artificial Robot : 29th Aug 2009 at 3:47 AM. Reason: typo
That bugged me too! Why do we need tiles below the counter level? Thanks so much!
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:48 AM
Thank you Thank you.With your gorgeous work Sims 3 becomes much more better for people who loves building and decorating.Big hugs.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 4:55 PM
Thank You! This is exactly what I have been looking for! I can't believe this wasn't in the game already.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:20 PM
Thank you very much Jane! This is a very sophisticated tileset, and that it works with your subway tiles is icing. Icing!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:23 PM
OH!
I was looking at this, trying to think of a practical use I had for this kind of wall...
Then I saw the last picture and was like OHMIGOD thats looks good!
So Thank You, for giving me new designn ideas, and the tools to create that design :D

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 11:53 PM
Thank you! This is exactly what I've been wishing for every time I remodel a kitchen. It's so stupid to have the tiles only come up to counter level, I guess the EA designers don't use their kitchens very often... LOL!!!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:14 AM
I also got annoyed when I did not find anything like this, this is such an obvious common thing! Thank you!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KarinL
It's so stupid to have the tiles only come up to counter level, I guess the EA designers don't use their kitchens very often... LOL!!!!

I think you must be right. Not only was this missing, but have you noticed that the vast majority of upper cabinets are the same depth as the counters? On what planet is that the case!?!?!?! Arrgh. Sorry, I just had to complain, and I wasn't sure I could get away with it anywhere but on my own post.

Once someone figures out how to change where the patterns show in the catalog, I will probably make a full set of these to match all the existing mouldings. This is just a stop gap till then. In the mean time, I super appreciate all the positive feedback. It means a lot to me.
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:12 PM
I'm so lucky I came in here today, first I got the roof colours I needed and now this. I was just doing a kitchen and wishing I could have a pattern that went half way up the wall at least to let the tiles show above the kitchen units. Thanks so much for this, you saved the day.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:31 AM
these are stupendously great....thank you much
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:04 PM
Thank you so much for coming out with this, it's a total lifesaver for decorating kitchens. Every time I try to come up with a tiled wall for the kitchen I become really frustrated and this solves the problem! Looking forward to the full set when you're able to do it. Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:24 PM
Well I was about to write about how I´ve been looking for walls like this, even ask someone to make them and I found them!!!!! Now I read all the comments and I see I wasn´t the only one wishing for this.
Sooooo..... Could you make some more pleeeeaaase??
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 10:00 AM
great walls - thanks
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM
Absolutely beautiful, thank you very much
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 8:18 PM
I love you! I hated making kitchens because of this.

"...disbelief is not like a balloon...it is like a lead weight, which has to be hoisted with a clean and a jerk and held up by main force."
Stephen King
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:21 PM
Love this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 10:35 AM
I adore this wall so much. It's perfect in pretty much every room. <3
Page 1 of 2