Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:52 PM
Default Application-easypeaze
Study/Den

Living Room

Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:40 PM
easypeaze, thanks for entering! Your color combos are stunning.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:46 PM
Oh my... So utterly tempting...

Awesome job so far everyone!
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
Oh my... So utterly tempting...

Awesome job so far everyone!

Man, I want to enter!

I always make the contests that I want to participate in. But then I can't...it's a double edged sword.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:59 PM
Your welcome! I haven't really played with the patterns and stuff yet, because it just seems so overwhelming! I definitely went out of my comfort zone lol...I tend to keep things simple. So this is certainly going to be challange! TRIriana you really should join!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:31 AM
Default My entry is updated :)
you are so right. I tend to do more modern homes because overdoing things, IMO isn't really stylish, but this contest is nice. I like to stick to basic colors, wood, plastics and metals, and throw in a pattern every now and again. Its fun using my modern skill and stylizing to go outsid my confort zone, as done with my classic study. I wish us all luck, and i hope I win. I'd be nice to win
Instructor
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:59 AM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 3rd Sep 2009 at 4:52 PM.
Default application
Was going to leave this until after uni tomorrow. But Im not feeling sleepy, so I got cracking - really not my best work though :\ Funny how things always look better in your head, isn't it? :p

Basically, my plan was to work with a modern design, and use the CAST to create an eclectic look which I so love. Unfortunately, my rooms were alittle too small to look good "from a sims point of view", and the sheer amount of windows takes away from the eclectic look. Oh well, I shall do better for the next round.

Onto the first screen:

Living Room

Basically my color scheme was black and white. I used slightly different shades of the granite floor, which you cant really see in the picture, and then all my patterns were made black and white using the CAST. I used alot of black laquered wood - Japanese style And I also liked the look of the chrome finish. I used it on my laps and also on my couches. I added some texture with the stones (which took forever to CAST. I stole the colors from another a few stone textures), and added in two shag rugs.

Study/Den

Okay, so my idea here revolved around the concept of suspended garden beds. They looked great in my head... not so easy to translate into The Sims. So as 1 of my 3 pics, I included a side-on view; so you can see wtf is going on.
Decore wise, I kept with the eclectic theme, with black woods, chrome and a luxurious wallpaper.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 6:16 PM
Great entry, scoopy loopy! I love sunken living rooms. *makes note to make one*

We are coming along great guys, since we have the applications open until Sunday I think we will get a great turn out.

The next round is going to be the hardest.....but maybe the prettiest to look at.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 6:29 PM
wow.... This is REALLY HARD , they are all so cool....., much better than anything I could do!

"Scottish by birth, British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God"
Anon
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:47 AM
Are we doing gardens next week?
Hardest: No real Garden Furniture
Prettiest: Its a Garden

hmm... not too hard...
Instructor
#36 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:38 AM
Hm, it would be interesting to do a garden, we'd have to pack alot in because we cant CAST plants or fences :p

I get the feeling one of the rooms is going to be a bathroom.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 3:35 AM
I really hate that we can't CAST plants, fences, stairs and chimneys. Suck it EA!

As for what's coming...you'll just have to wait.

I was really hoping for a few more entries today. Maybe all you students are waiting for the weekend to do them. *crosses fingers*

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:42 AM Last edited by LucyCat : 4th Sep 2009 at 6:48 AM.
Desciptions coming soon with pics
Night shot is the last one:
Study/Office:

This part of the study is for sims that enjoy art as well as chess. The expensive painting sits over an antique chessboard that has been passed down through generations. This picture shows off the victorian wallpaper design.

This picture was actually meant to be bigger, but then it looked tacky. There is actually an easel by the chess table.

This part features the main fireplace that has comfortable chairs to sit in while you read or study a book. On the mantle there is an antique candle lamp with a plant and a mood-lite candle. On the coffee table rests some newspapers and a flower.

This night-time shot shows off the desk area. You can see a great view of the stars through the window that looks out beyond the house behind the desk. It is a perfect writer's workstation with a computer, antique candle-lamp, pens and a notepad, and of course what any nocturnal sim needs; coffee.

xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Living Room:

The first photo show the fireplace in the living room. On the table you can see a fish tank that you can put a fish that your little boy caught, a cordless phone, bills that need to be payed, and a baseball. The tile near the fire keeps the carpet and furniture from catching on fire.

This next photo shows the entertainment section. Here you can either watch the T.V., play one the Simstation 2, and listen to the large stack of CD's by the player. Perfect for any sim young or old.

In the last photo you can see the comfort areas.The doubleseat closest to the table is facing the T.V., where the other sofa is there for any sim who would like to relax or take a nap. This photo also shows some of the beautiful artwork that is in this room. The huge window lets in lots of light during the daytime, but gives a beautiful view of the stars.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Thanks for making this contest! I;m not so much as a builder as I am a decorator so I hope you like my shots!

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyCat
Desciptions coming soon with pics
Night shot is the last one:
Study/Office:

I'm so happy you are joining LucyCat! Can't wait to see your entry.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:40 AM
I've been flirting with joining this contest, but my hang up is the separate living room and study thing. I very rarely design separate studies/dens/libraries. Sigh. Also TS3 crashes on me when I'm in CAST for more than half an hour or so. Inevitably that is right when I'm finishing a room. It comes down to whether I can handle the frustration.

Do you know if there will be an equivalent to stars for contest winners on MTS?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:44 AM Last edited by Sisaly : 4th Sep 2009 at 6:01 AM. Reason: POST, not most....*sigh*
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
I've been flirting with joining this contest, but my hang up is the separate living room and study thing. I very rarely design separate studies/dens/libraries. Sigh. Also TS3 crashes on me when I'm in CAST for more than half an hour or so. Inevitably that is right when I'm finishing a room. It comes down to whether I can handle the frustration.

Do you know if there will be an equivalent to stars for contest winners on MTS?

Jane, you do have several days to take your pics. Don't over think it. You're in, if you post your pics. So sorry about the crashing thing.

If there are stars I want to be starred retroactively. I've won several contests here and hosted. They never gave me more than one star though.....

Mad Poster
#42 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:59 AM
*sighs*
I WILL try to get this done, I swear, but I've got so much stuff to do this week....

Anyways, great shots everybody! .
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 7:49 AM
Lucy, I'm loving your entry! Thanks for joining the fun!

Forum Resident
#44 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:11 PM Last edited by lemoncandy : 6th Sep 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Default My app...
Hi all!
I don't really know what to say, I hope it's enough to just post pictures

livingroom / DAY

livingroom / DAY

livingroom / NIGHT

study / DAY

study / DAY

study / NIGHT
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:32 PM
I must say guys, these are very nice entries!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:46 PM
All right lemoncandy, I'm happy to see you here! Nice patterns. I added you to the list.

Forum Resident
#47 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:49 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 6th Sep 2009 at 2:50 PM. Reason: labelling day/night
Yep, what a beginning. There are already so many great entries I’m quite ashamed to post too. Thanks for the idea and the hosting, I love decorating so it’s a MUST DO to me. This contest is gonna be so much fun!

All right, so, this is my application:

The basis decorating theme is how I like it, modern, cluttered to try to have a reality feeling into this (although I still really do need moar clutter) but like the others I went outside my comfort zone by using (trying at least) CAS tools and playing with colors and patterns far more than usual.

The living-room is simple and elegant, not too messy since it’s also the place where guests are received. The green theme is throughout the room to provide a relaxing spirit. The natural theme is also conveyed by the paintings and patterns.

Here is the living-room main area (night):

Another view of it featuring the center of the room, the fireplaces, who add a warm feeling to the room (day1):

Finally, the back part of the room (day2):

The study is meant to be warm and playful, with warm tones of course . I tried to let you see everything but 3 shots is not enough for the small details. So I’ll tell you instead. Here’s a night shot of the painting corner. There are also comfy couches for your sim to read books from the bookcase or pose for the painter (night):

Then, a shot of the relax area of the study with a bed used as a couch where they can lie down when work is getting too hard and they need a break. At the left, a useable coffee machine allows them to take a coffee break (I tried to add cushions on the bed but found no way of doing it, sorry) - (day1):

Finally, the desk area, viewed from the couch (day2):

Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:15 PM
Gee, I thought I replied.....*confused*

Anyway, thanks for jumping right in there lanawinst! Added you to the list too. *yay*

Forum Resident
#49 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:43 AM
thanks

I do have a question, are we going to be closed if we don't have 10 contestants as stipulated on the rules?
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
thanks

I do have a question, are we going to be closed if we don't have 10 contestants as stipulated on the rules?

I think we will get at least three contestants in the next two days. If not I will extend the Application deadline until we do.

Page 2 of 10