Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:36 PM
As I recall from the last thread regarding this subject... taryl007 is fully aware of the SuperComputer's ability to toggle off the stereos, and chooses not to use it.

If that is still considered an unsuitable corrective measure, then I would suggest waiting for EA to correct it themselves.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
NRaas Super Computer fixes it; use the option to turn off all stereos, i.e. townie stereos, some of which are possibly going 24/7! after they're first turned on.

That works to some extent, but sometimes my stereos in game still don't work, and it seems that you need to keep on using the function to shut off stereos around the 'hood every once in a while or else it just gets buggy again.

But it's still the closest thing we have to a fix. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,16355.0.html
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
it seems that you need to keep on using the function to shut off stereos around the 'hood every once in a while or else it just gets buggy again.

The SuperComputer does have the ability to run the operation on a daily basis, however the option is totally undocumented, and most users are probably not even aware of its existence.

Buy the actual "Super Computer" object (the 5000 simoleon computer), and use the "Master Alarm" interaction to turn on the continuous check.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:05 AM
Hah. Time for my n00b moment of the day! I know I said I thought I had the bug. Well I forgot I simply muted the game. >_>.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 6:45 PM
I've now returned, and it's 2010, has EA released a patch to fix this problem yet?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:11 PM
I had the music bug this morning. I was running around frantically trying to get it back. Eventually, after I muted every sound in the game, went to build mode, un-muted the sound, then went to live mode, then build mode again, it worked. I was so happy i could hear my sims walk and talk again, and listened to Savior numerous times in simlish.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:23 PM
I know that if you're playing the game for an extended amount of time, the music loop ends and all you are left with is the sound effects from the game. Didn't know all of the music together can shut off.

Looks like something to look out for. Duly noted
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:32 PM
I play with music off so I can play my own music with Windows Media Player, so I've never experienced it. :P

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#34 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
I had the music bug this morning. I was running around frantically trying to get it back. Eventually, after I muted every sound in the game, went to build mode, un-muted the sound, then went to live mode, then build mode again, it worked. I was so happy i could hear my sims walk and talk again, and listened to Savior numerous times in simlish.

I'm not entirely sure that this is the same like the music bug. I think what you are suffering from is this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,19016.0.html , right?
Forum Resident
#35 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:39 PM
This has happened to me a week ago but I have a different music bug;

When Im in Create-A-Sim mode, a few of the theme songs will play as usual, but after a certain theme song, the music will stop playing, but the sound effects like the clicking on things or the Sim's voice etc. will still be there. The only way to get the music to play again is when I go to options, and go into the music settings and I click the "Preview" button to play a song, and then I exit the options and the music will start playing again.

Does anybody else have this bug?

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#36 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 5:20 AM
In my game, video game noise is louder than the other music/sounds and does not pause when the game is paused. It's annoying, and what's worse, my Sims never stop playing video games (much like me...).

Another bug that has to do with sounds overall is that sometimes the game will go silent for about a (real life) minute, and then the sounds play almost all at once before returning to normal.
Theorist
#37 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
This has happened to me a week ago but I have a different music bug;

When Im in Create-A-Sim mode, a few of the theme songs will play as usual, but after a certain theme song, the music will stop playing, but the sound effects like the clicking on things or the Sim's voice etc. will still be there. The only way to get the music to play again is when I go to options, and go into the music settings and I click the "Preview" button to play a song, and then I exit the options and the music will start playing again.

Does anybody else have this bug?

Yeah I have it too, I haven't always had it though. I believe it started after I got Ambitions, so there could be something wrong with one of the new CAS songs that came with it.

I used to have the music bug back when only the base game was out, but now I never seem to have it anymore even after going for a few months without what is now called the Overwatch installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I'm not entirely sure that this is the same like the music bug. I think what you are suffering from is this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,19016.0.html , right?

No. That isn't it. My problem is JUST music, sound effects are still fine.

Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Yeah I have it too, I haven't always had it though. I believe it started after I got Ambitions, so there could be something wrong with one of the new CAS songs that came with it.

I used to have the music bug back when only the base game was out, but now I never seem to have it anymore even after going for a few months without what is now called the Overwatch installed.

Overwatch? What does that do?
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:35 AM
Its happened to me a few times. Just need to turn off the radio and turn it back on.

I have a another music bug that makes it so the music in CAS stops in 5 minutes after playing. Need to reset it after that by previewing music in the options.
Page 2 of 2