Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:23 AM
Default What non-playable Sims do you automatically "delete" on sight?
There are very few Sims that I find annoying to the point of killing them off, I do have the "NoMoreCrumple" enhancement to get rid of that annoying old bat, but generally speaking, most of my nonplayables get to live their little virtual lives....

there are a few, however, that make me want to scream out a Dalek-esque "EX-TER-MI-NATE!" as soon as I see them....

Burglars- they get an automatic death sentence just for even existing, typically, I kill them via satellite, or have one of my handy Vampire sims drain them dry (Bite of Death from the More Vampire Interactions enhancement), if I'm feeling really evil (especially after a failed arrest attempt), I'll teleport them over, put them in a little 1x1 fenced off cell, turn them into a vampire, and send them out to "watch the sunrise"

Evil Mascots- generally I just delete them, but if they sufficently annoy my Sims, they also become Purina Vampire Chow

Coaches- Dear Og how I *HATE* the coaches, almost as much as I hate the burglars, the *instant* a Coach appears on the lot (even just a walk-by), I scramble the nearest Vampire to perform the Bite of Death on them, it's the only NPC class I actually launch a pre-emptive-strike on....
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
I don't usually use the cheats to delete characters like NPCs but if I had the guts to do it I'd probably delete the mascots and coaches in Uni. They're really the only ones I can't stand.

I do hate some of the random townies, also.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:53 AM
I actually delete all premade characters, but no NPCs.

However, if I were quick enough, I'd sack Repo Man ASAP.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:08 AM
I use the Visitor Controller mod to ban annoying NPCs.

There are a few slobby and weird looking townies I kill off regularly, but the game seems to regen them even with no-regen mods.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 4:52 AM
I use the Visitor Controller as well... at present, for NPCs anyway, the only ones I've banned are Rod Humble, Mrs Crumplebottom, the Gypsy ('cuz she lags my lots when she first shows up), and the Garden Rep.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 7:22 AM
I knew that it'd be a problem when I installed it but, PETS! It's really ridiculous how many are generated and I'm sick of having to re-design my Sims houses to keep them out. And the one I despise the most? That idiot Penguin...waste of game resources!
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:19 PM
There's a guy always steals money from sims on community lot, I don't remember his name, I've been killing him every time my sims on the lot. :p
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHOWER_SCREAM
I knew that it'd be a problem when I installed it but, PETS! It's really ridiculous how many are generated and I'm sick of having to re-design my Sims houses to keep them out. And the one I despise the most? That idiot Penguin...waste of game resources!

I wish I had gotten the penguin. I love penguins.
Why did I get the penguin.
Sob.

I killed off Brooke Kauker. I was sick of her farting everywhere. Outside of that, everyone's still alive.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spal
There's a guy always steals money from sims on community lot, I don't remember his name, I've been killing him every time my sims on the lot. :p

on the Visitor Controller, he's called the Charlatan I think... in-game I believe he's called Unsavory Character.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
#10 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 8:41 PM
I generally ignore the Charlatan/Unsavory Character, but whenever I see him lurking around, I keep an eye on him, and sometimes have to use Control This Sim to make the Sim I`m /trying/ to interact with temporarily playable and cancel the Be Greeted action.

For me, I`ve had to delete the Social Worker a couple times when a child was accidentally left home alone for just a touch to long. The first time, I wasn`t quick enough to figure out what to do and had to cheat to get the child back. The second time, I took steps to avoid her, but they proved ineffective, but I was able to delete both her and her van before she made off with the kid. Oddly enough, this happened to the same family both times [and to the same child, but they only *have* the one kid so far]. It`s safe enough to turn MoveObjects on, go into Buy [or Build] Mode, and delete her and her car. It`s also the only effective way to deal with her that I`ve been able to discover. I haven`t had any serious issues with other NPCs in my game.

I did have a lesser issue with one of the Nannies, though. She insulted one of my family members one day, so I fired her, and as she left the lot, I forcibly aged her down from Elder to Teen. She`s still a Nanny, and she works for several of my other families now, and she`s even my favorite Nanny, as the de-aging process seems to have mellowed her personality drasticaly. Either that, or she just had bad chemistry with the former mailman she insulted. ::shrug::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 7:15 AM
I don't delete these characters because I don't have mods or hacks and really don't know how to delete NPC's safely. But if I could get rid of them, I'd get rid of the Unsavory Charlatan. He is super annoying on the community lots. And I have Apartment Life, so that comes with the damned evil witch who keeps on cursing my community lots with bad weather and cockroaches. I don't care so much when she does that on a lot where there's indoor activity. But I want to kill her when she does that if my sim is on a beach lot sunbathing and trying to have a good time. It's not so bad if my Sim is a good witch and can do the Beautificus Localis spell or whatever it's called to undo the roaches and storms. But mere mortals have a bad time of it. I've had her show up more than once when I max-motived a sim to stay on a community lot for an extended visit. I really hate that I can't just click on her as she's casting the spell and kick or beat her up. Or cast an attack spell on her right off. Why do we have to greet these people? Just attack, dangit!

Evil Witchiepoo is of use to me only when I need her to turn my first sim into a witch. She seems easier to encounter than the nice witch. But other than that, I don't need the bi... I mean witch unless I want to get some dark magic reagents fast.

I've not had issues with the social worker yet but she sounds like someone I'd like to kill off. I'm not fond of sims coming onto my property and messing with what's mine. And yeah, the stupid animals digging up my yard need to go.

I don't really want a mod to delete these characters, but in the case of Unsavory Charlatan I wish there were an option to go up and chase him off like you do the strays. I don't want to greet him, I want to shove him right off the lot. Or call the cops on him--why can't I do that? Or an option to beat the crap out of neighbors who come up and read the newspaper right there on your front porch. Since I can't do that in real life it would be so satisfying to do that in Sims. But no, I click on them and end up greeting them. Or give them a very mild brushoff. I really want my sim to rant and rave at them. I'm so mild-mannered in real life but I want to be a real spitfire as a sim! :P
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:06 PM
Cheerleaders...I was so sick of them coming into my dorm and yelling in my face that I changed them into vampires. So every time they come onto the lot, they have to run off again =D

The nannies tend to get on my nerves as well, though I tend to let them live simply casue I need them. Though I did have this one who I killed....I had a single mother and her young son and she had to go out to work to feed them both but needed a nanny to look after him. But she'd come home, with enough money to pay the nanny, and the nanny would declare there was not enough and nick something, like the coffee maker. After a few times of this happening, I just killed her out of spite ^_^

Sig Coming Soon
Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:30 PM
Everyone...

Muahahahahah *cough* hah!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mazzi4
Cheerleaders...I was so sick of them coming into my dorm and yelling in my face that I changed them into vampires. So every time they come onto the lot, they have to run off again =D

The nannies tend to get on my nerves as well, though I tend to let them live simply casue I need them. Though I did have this one who I killed....I had a single mother and her young son and she had to go out to work to feed them both but needed a nanny to look after him. But she'd come home, with enough money to pay the nanny, and the nanny would declare there was not enough and nick something, like the coffee maker. After a few times of this happening, I just killed her out of spite ^_^

Oh, I forgot about the Cheerleaders and Evil Mascot. Yep, they get deleted regularly. I'll tolerate The Streaker but that's because he's pretty quick on his toes and I keep the doors locked anyway.
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
Everyone...

Muahahahahah *cough* hah!

Whoa, how does that work? Groceries? Pizza? Headmaster? Taxi? You need some sort of outside contact.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 7:16 PM
I just remembered...I recently opened a custom neighborhood that I hadn't opened in like 6 months and went on a small killing spree (all bin Sims that I placed because I didn't know about clean templates back then). One of my households that I "leveled" had a Toddler; he witnessed his entire familiy's deaths and the Social Worker turned up to take him to foster care. BUT, before the game went to unplayable (no playable Sims on the lot), the Social Workers' mini van hadn't completely left the lot. When I went back into the lot to delete trash piles and urns/gravestones, I absent mindedly deleted the van that was literally half way off the lot. Does anyone know if this will be a problem? I'm not having anyone move into that lot anytime soon so, it's no immediate problem. Just wondering if I should bulldoze now...?
Inventor
#17 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 8:16 PM
i just kill like, every townie at the beginning of any new naighbourhoods.
there all so ugly.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:52 PM
The Ottomas father. That guy follows my Sims home from work every. single. day. I delete him on sight now.

On university lots, definitely the angry cow. I can mostly tolerate cheerleaders. I don't kill Ottomas or the cow, I just delete him.
#19 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:37 PM
SHOWER_SCREAM, have a read of my previous post in this thread, number 10.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:01 PM
I don't delete any premade characters. I'm not quite sure why. I've deleted some of my own characters (but to be honest, all but one were glitched), but no pre-mades.

I DO treat the ones I don't like badly, though.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:47 PM
I want my sim died, he lives too long, he's 107 days old, the guy in Belladona Cove, what's his name,ah, Contender, hope he dies tonight.
Scholar
#22 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:59 PM
Normally I don't mind the cheerleaders and mascots, but now I have an urge to kill the cow mascot! He flirted with one half of a couple that I've been working on for ages. Her boyfriend hates her now Evil mascot!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Forum Resident
#23 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 5:22 AM
If I had the delete cheat, which I don't....I would delete that annoying Marsha kid. You hang out with her once and she won't-stop-calling!

I'd also delete Joe Carr, I think that's his name. He's the shady looking guy in the brown sweatshirt who, in my game, always steals the gnomes and knocks over the garbage cans.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spal
I want my sim died, he lives too long, he's 107 days old, the guy in Belladona Cove, what's his name,ah, Contender, hope he dies tonight.

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true + Die By Flies
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 4:17 PM
I always off Benjamin Long and Goopy GilsCarbo. Bad fashion sense + those noses = taking up space since you'll never reproduce.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Page 1 of 2