Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 1:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game experiencing a few problems
I tried searching these out but couldn't find anything specific and didn't want to do multiple posts for each question. Trying to be as concise as possible.

I have Sims 2 and all the expansions EXCEPT Apartment Life and Mansions and Gardens on one hard drive and have not really had any problems with the game crashing until the last few days. I had recently loaded some hair from the Insimenator forum. They really don't spell out which expansions you need on their downloads. Since adding those files I have noticed that as soon as I enter Pleasantview the game will crash as soon as trying to enter a house or just after entering a house.

Question: In order to try and pinpoint the problem I tried a number of different things before checking the recently added files. Would the crashes corrupt any of my packaged files? I am assuming that the crashes could corrupt the families in the game.

I have another hard drive that has ALL EXPANSIONS but I haven't really played the game on that drive because I am having a problem with the Custom Content.

Question: On this new drive I see the Build Mode custom content but the BUY mode custom content does not show up at all. All of my hair and skin custom content is showing up in CAS. It's only Buy Mode that doesn't. What can I do to solve this?
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 11:45 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.
You need to sit down and just do the Game Problem and Problem CC faqs.

How do you have different installations of the game on different hard drives? Is this on the same computer? Any information about your installation set up will help.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 6:56 PM
Yes I have two hard drives and one complete install of ALL expansions on one. This is the one that the Buy Mode CC does not show up but the BUILD mode CC does.

On the other hard drive I have all expansions EXCEPT AL, M&G, Holiday. I have solved that problem with the crashing by pulling the most recent CC that was installed. My guess was that the CC had to have Apartment Life Expansion.

Both Harddrives run XP Pro and I am running them through a Dell Inspirion 9300.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:22 AM
So both hard drives are in the same computer? Keep in mind that each instance of My Docs will have a different set of user files (which I assume that you know anyways). Do you also have two windows accounts with their own My Docs/EA Games/Sims2 folders?

Have you actually done the steps in the Game Problem and Problem CC faqs?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects