Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 - STBL Duplicator (updated to 1.2.0.13213)

by Digitalchaos Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 12:01 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2014 at 9:08 AM by Digitalchaos

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Typical
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 4:48 PM
Wow, this looks great! Personally, I've grown used to S3PE and S3OC but really, it could be handy if I get sick of them...

Anyway, thatnks for writing this!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 5:59 PM
Yeah, I know those program can generate missing STBLs (via S3OC, and editable in S3PE), but as far as I am aware they only generate/copy the Catalog Name & Descriptions and not other arbitrary strings.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 10:56 PM
Changes in Initial Release Version (V 1.0):
  • Initial Release
  • Added support for copying a source language's STBL Entry to all other languages
Changes in V 1.0.3553.29976:
  • Added support for retaining STBL Resource Names, and for creating STBL Resource Names (when no NameMap exists, or the STBL Entry Has no Resource Name)
  • Added support for setting the Default Source language (via dialog chooser) [you can set this by passing -conf on commandline or by passing no arguments, to see the available list of accepted arguments)
  • Added support for creating STBL Entries, when the package has no STBL Resources (user will be asked if it's ok, before it does this)
  • Added support for what to do when, the default source language does not exist (defaults to english, then to the first available language)

All TS2 Downloads Link
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:29 PM
If I understand correctly, you can't use more than one language, like I want to use English by default but I want to keep my own language (French).
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:34 AM Last edited by Digitalchaos : 24th Sep 2009 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dan_sims2
If I understand correctly, you can't use more than one language, like I want to use English by default but I want to keep my own language (French).

You, can set the default language to french by doing the following:
Code:
TS3.STBLDuplicator.exe --configure

You will be shown the this dialog (just select french):

This will allow, you to use French as the source language to copy to all other languages. If you have localized strings in the French Language,
by doing the above, the French strings would be copied to all (even to English). Also you can edit the STBL Entries in S3PE, after running the utility, if needed.

By, The way what language does your Game use?

P.S. All languages can be present in one package file, its just that the game will only pull the localized strings for the language that the game is in. (i.e. if you
have the English US Version, that would be English, likewise if you have the Germen version - that would be German).

The whole point of generating the language STBLs for other languages, is that if a User with a German game downloads an object with only an English string table -
they will have to manually add a German string table to see the associated localized string or they will end up seeing only a string of numbers which looks like a hash.
Screenshots

All TS2 Downloads Link
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 2:08 PM
Thanks for sharing.
It worked great!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:46 AM
V1.0.3624.37157 - no updates, just the lastest build

All TS2 Downloads Link
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 5:15 PM
It worked!!
I was sooo sick of seeing crap numbers in Delphy's breast sliders that I've been trying to translate it by duplicating the STBL and changing the instance and it failed. Now I understand where my mistake was but gee, thank you so much! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:32 PM
This is SO AWESOME! Exactly what I needed for my language translation problems!!!!!

My magic items thank you!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 5:44 AM
Actually, this doesn't quite do what I thought it did at first. It is still incredibly useful, but it would be even more useful if it had an option to retain values from translated languages.

For one of my items, someone was nice enough to translate about 20 strings for me into Chinese. I've updated the object, and now there are 10 more strings. I'd love it if when I ran this utility it copied the new pairs with English to the Chinese, so that people who use Chinese would see translated text when available and English when not.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:59 PM
dolphin26: I could attempt to add something like: ignore the following languages, etc (so that some languages could be retained as is [if they exist in the package]).

A workaround for the meantime:
1) export the Chinese stbl resource, in S3PE 2) Run the package through this tool
3) re-import the Chinese stbl resource, in S3PE P.S. the main purpose of this tool was to just quickly replicate all strings in a source language to all others [without having to do it manually].

All TS2 Downloads Link
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
dolphin26: I could attempt to add something like: ignore the following languages, etc (so that some languages could be retained as is [if they exist in the package]).

A workaround for the meantime:
1) export the Chinese stbl resource, in S3PE 2) Run the package through this tool
3) re-import the Chinese stbl resource, in S3PE P.S. the main purpose of this tool was to just quickly replicate all strings in a source language to all others [without having to do it manually].

Nah, that work around would be just as good. What would really help is if the tool understood the internal STBL structure enough to keep the old translated strings but copy the entries that were missing. However, I expect that would be a big jump for you, because right now you don't need to understand the inner structure, you just replace the whole thing. Without that feature, I'm going to recommend would-be translators wait until my objects stabilize before translating them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:16 PM
release of: v1.1.4107.12645 (uses S3PIWrapper v1.3.2.0 [which is now broken up into seperate assemblies])

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:05 PM
release: 1.2.0.1323 (uses s3piwrapper 1.3.2.3)
+ no functional changes, just changed versioning format to reflect the s3piwrapper version it was built on

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 5:20 AM
If you got a 404 file not found error when trying to download the latest version of S3PIWrapper please try to download it again

The latest version of S3PIWrapper is 1.3.2.4 (I never did add the 7z/zip file for this updated version)
This app still based on 1.3.2.3: if the new version (of S3PIWrapper) gives you any issues people report it.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Digitalchaos : 21st Oct 2011 at 4:10 PM.
S3PIWrapper updated to 1.3.2.5 (supports Pets)
You can just extract this over your current installation (let it overwrite any files)
The download links for S3PIWrapper are at the top of the main post (choose 7z/zip file)

NOTE: the STBL duplication code has not been altered since S3PIWrapper 1.3.2.3 or an earlier version...so there is really no need to update your iinstallation at this time

You will probably have issues if you overwrite: DebugConsoleControl.dll with the latest version from S3PIWrapper. [It will result in a FileLoad Exception due to mismatched versions]
I have tried to minimize the chance of this happening, but if it does -- then you could try restoring the dll or just don't overwrite it.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 7:38 PM
I have updated S3PIWrapper to 1.3.2.6 the version for DebugConsoleControl has been fixed at version: 1.0.4108.35123.
Any tools, that use DebugConsoleControl & S3PIWrapper, can now have S3PIWrapper updated to the latest version without the application crashing at load.

Please Re-Download S3PIWrapper from the top of the main post : v1.3.2.6 and use it to update this tool.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 7:15 AM Last edited by Digitalchaos : 5th Feb 2012 at 7:25 AM.
Linked to new version: 1.2.0.1327
Based on S3PIWrapper 1.3.2.7
New Version requires Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework

This update also ensures that the app targets x86 (incase anyone runs it on x64, it should not crash)

All TS2 Downloads Link
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:29 AM
Hello Digitalchaos. Would this be the correct tool to add missing text strings to items? What I've attempted to do is make the turkey, hot dogs and new tofu foods plantable and harvestable items. (Even a donut plant and a cookie plant.) I have done most of this successfully through editing xml files in s3pe, all new plants and trees work perfectly fine. Yet when mousing over the new trees there are no names in the detail boxes, nor any names for the trees in the sim's gardening journal next to the new thumbnails. I'm new to all this, three long nights searching the web for tutorials on STBL stuff and not any the wiser on how to fix this last bit of my plants mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 9:45 PM
coolspear1:
This tool will only duplicate STBL strings from one language to all others, after generating missing languages.
I am not sure if that would work for your purpose or fix the issue you are having.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 11:15 AM
release: 1.2.0.13278
+ no functional changes - updated to s3piwrapper 1.3.28

All TS2 Downloads Link
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#23 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 9:31 PM
When I run the latest version, I get a message that I must install .NET Framework V4, which is already installed on my computer. I'm running the Client version of .NET 4 - do I need the full version? Also I'm running on 64-bit - could this be incompatible?

BTW, when I run the old version of STBLDuplicator, probably the first version, I get the duplication but they all have the identical, English, Instance.

This is a very handy tool and I've used it in the past - thanks in advance if you can help me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
When I run the latest version, I get a message that I must install .NET Framework V4, which is already installed on my computer. I'm running the Client version of .NET 4 - do I need the full version?
Yes,you need the full version of .Net 4.0 ( I would not recommend using the client version to run applications based on .net 4.0, because not all of the functionality is included)
That is why you are getting the message: (i.e. the client version is not a replacement or substitue for the full version -- it is just a smaller runtime, sort of like the compact framework.)

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYCAlso
I'm running on 64-bit - could this be incompatible?
No, you would have been forced to install the 64bit framework (which includes the 32bit version as well), and this application targets x86. (I have 64bit as well)

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYCAlso
BTW, when I run the old version of STBLDuplicator, probably the first version, I get the duplication but they all have the identical, English, Instance.
This is by design, to change the default language you must run
Code:
TS3.STBLDuplicator.exe --configure

All TS2 Downloads Link
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 1:15 PM
Hi.

I'm trying to use this program to duplicate the stbl strings of Ambular Coffee Flavored Coffee, but I get the following error:

Opening: ambular_coffeeflavoredcoffee.package

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
at S3PIWrapper.Core.ResourceIOExtensions.GetNmapResource(ResourceIO io) in C:
\Games\mods\My Sims 3 Mods\Visual Studio Projects\Utilities\S3PIWrapper\S3PIWrap
per2\Core\ResourceIOExtensions.cs:line 67
at S3PIWrapper.Core.ResourceIOExtensions.CreateNameMap(ResourceIO io) in C:\G
ames\mods\My Sims 3 Mods\Visual Studio Projects\Utilities\S3PIWrapper\S3PIWrappe
r2\Core\ResourceIOExtensions.cs:line 59
at TS3.STBLDuplicator.STBLDuplictor_Main.AddNameMapResource() in C:\Games\mod
s\My Sims 3 Mods\Visual Studio Projects\Utilities\TS3.STBLDuplicator\TS3.STBLDup
licator\STBLDuplictor_Main.vb:line 247
at TS3.STBLDuplicator.STBLDuplictor_Main.ParsePackage() in C:\Games\mods\My S
ims 3 Mods\Visual Studio Projects\Utilities\TS3.STBLDuplicator\TS3.STBLDuplicato
r\STBLDuplictor_Main.vb:line 171
at TS3.STBLDuplicator.STBLDuplictor_Main.Main(String[] args) in C:\Games\mods
\My Sims 3 Mods\Visual Studio Projects\Utilities\TS3.STBLDuplicator\TS3.STBLDupl
icator\STBLDuplictor_Main.vb:line 119

Can you please help me?

Thanks
Page 1 of 2