Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 4235 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:14 AM
Default Story Progression Affects my other houses?
Ok so I've read a bit about story progression, and I just wanted confirmation about this. I'm doing a legacy, in Sims 2 my spares always ended up with eternal life because they'd be placed in a new house or the bin and forgotten. In Sims 3 if I marry off my spares and throw them into a house, will they have kids, succeed/fail in careers, grow old, die, etc.?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:48 AM
You've got it, they'll go on with their lives. At least mine do, but I have a selection of mods that help with that and tell me what they are getting up to (Indie Stone mod).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 1:57 PM
yeah and if you have Indie Stone they're more prone to realistic events...like quitting their job, divorcing someone, having an affair, etc. those are some negative ones but it'll also notify you if they get a promotion. it is quite amusing i once got "There are no ladies in this town for Ian Peak. Will he ever find Ms. Right?" XD
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 3:49 AM
If by "realistic", you mean "more", then yes. Like in EA story, there is little or no clear motivation or reason that drives much of IndieStone's events, but it tends to LOOK better because it is printed up prettier. Mostly, it will just cough up random events to make your neighborhood look alive, the same way TVs cough up static to make it look like something is on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 3:58 AM
Yes, Also there is twallan's story progression mod over at crazy town and, Pescados over at MATY. Twallan's is like Indie stone but more realistic and a few cool features.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 4:20 AM
Never heard of twallan's.. Thanks for mentioning it (yeah.. lurking, lol). I've been using indy stone with awesome as core..
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 6:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa323
Yes, Also there is twallan's story progression mod over at crazy town and, Pescados over at MATY. Twallan's is like Indie stone but more realistic and a few cool features.

Yes, those are the two other alternatives to EA story progression currently available.

Whichever works best for you is based entirely on your specific play-style.

More realism = Awesome Story Mode.

More cutesy stories = NRaas Story Progression.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:41 PM
tawallan, i'm not on the Crazy Town site, but i thought i would say it here. Thanks for the mod, i am going to try it out in my game later. It sounds pretty awesome!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochanpurr
It sounds pretty awesome!

It's most definitely not "Awesome".

I do consider it to be pretty spiffy though.

You're welcome.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 8:03 PM
I'm not mod crazy but since AM crashes all three of my computers with TS3 on loading a lot , maybe I'll try this one and see if I fare better. It sounds interesting
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 10:49 PM
@twallan: It is awesome. You're too modest
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 1:10 AM
Thanks for all the replies ya'll XD And I'm a bit of a mod junkie I've had the awesome mod and indie since I bought sims 3(which was only a week ago and I'm already addicted O.o)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 1:35 AM
@crinrict:Agreed, hehe
I could care less for mods but I MUST have a story progression mod wether it be Indie stone,Pescado's,or Twallans. I must have one! I prefer Twallans but Pescado's is awesome too but there are certain features I don't like.
Alchemist
#14 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crinrict
@twallan: It is awesome. You're too modest

Now that I've tried it I have to agree. It is pretty awesome

Section jump