Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 6:40 PM Last edited by Sims3Addicted : 25th Sep 2009 at 8:11 PM. Reason: Grammar
I didn't get an icon so maybe I didn't do it correctly. Oh well lol.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 6:45 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I also have the Supporter-Addict icon that I'm not supposed to have. I should only have the heart and the creator icon. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 8:18 PM
Well, have done my part for a site most worthy. Expect funds in 3-5 days it says. thanks for all the cool stuffs!

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 9:38 PM
I will also ask my parents to donate. I can't promise anything, but good luck Delphy!

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
Field Researcher
#55 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 10:17 PM
Soon halfway to the goal!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 11:46 PM Last edited by Delphy : 26th Sep 2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Smilie abuse.
Don't Be Fooled
MTS is just scamming you out of money! Why should we donate to a website that make hundreds off of ads revenue every day? The ads clutter your screen and they make you irritated because they pop up all the time on the homepage. Maybe if you cut back on ads you could get more donations. What a great idea! You make $828.90 a day on these ads on average! Why should we give you are money? I won't give you anything when you make all that money and don't even have good stuff up on the site! When was the last time we got a good mod uploaded to the site? We haven't had a mod for a week and the last one before that was three weeks!!! Do you get my point?
MTS is a scam

Post Note: Facts come straight from: this website
Field Researcher
#57 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 11:56 PM
... Idiot.

Don't anyone click on that website. Who knows what it is.
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 11:57 PM
Whose the idiot?
Me or all the people who donated
Theorist
#59 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:05 AM
Just like daluved 1, I paid by paypal and did not realise until it was to late that I was supposed to add my user name. Put it down to being early in the morning in Australia and not enough sleep. Thank you for all the work you put into this site and a VERY BIG thank you to all the designers and creators for the great job they do.
Take care and stay safe.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:08 AM
Actually, that websiteoutlook sites valuation is extremely exaggerated. The "ad value" is based PURELY on pageviews and bandwidth figures and has absolutely ZERO to do with what sites actually do get in the way of ads.

"Cut back on ads"? There are exactly 4 places ads show up on the ENTIRE site. The front page, the download browse pages, the download info pages and the takeover ad. Thats it. The ads are WAY less intrusive than, say, a site like TSR which has (at last look) 3 different ads, on different places on the screen, and STILL is a subscription site.

Additionally, the donation drive is for the SERVERS and the HOSTING. It has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with the CONTENT of the site. Thats provided by the creators themselves. Complaining about a "lack of content" just shows that you have no understanding of what this site does, or how it runs.

You need to get your facts straight and not just believe what you see on some random "value calculator" site. I guess you've never actually tried to run, host, or find funding for a site that has almost 50 million pageviews a month and burns through 20TB in the same time, have you?

Also, cut out the smiley abuse, the accusations, and the general asshattery, ok?

If you think MTS is a scam, then leave and don't come back again. On the other hand you could just, well, not donate. After all, we aren't FORCING you to donate. We've stated why we are doing this donation drive, what the site costs, and so forth, and I challenge you to find an ad company that would actually pay $828 per day. That is the scam - making out like websites are worth more than they really are.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:09 AM
hey delphy,
i applaud you on running a giant website like this but if you want to brag about it get some good content on it. There has been nothing in the field of modding for weeks worth looking at twice.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#62 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:16 AM
456654: Right, well, I'll go tell all the volunteers who actually make the content, in thier own free time, that you, personally, are upset becuase there is no good content.

I really don't think you realise exactly how this site operates or runs... so I'll just let other people beat some sense into you on that one...

Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:17 AM
why cant we get a say in what we think should be made
then we can ask volunteers kindly if they would likke to mod
could you put a poll on the front page?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:20 AM
It's none of my business but I can't bite my tongue any longer.

456654 (what kinda username is that anyway!?), what business is it of yours if Delphy *was* earning $800 per day? You're more than welcome to create your own website, place all the ads you like AND mods, since you're not happy with the amount here. Hell you can even run your own donation drive just for kicks

As for not having content *you* want. Well, make it yourself. There's enough tutorials here to keep you busy, and quiet, for months. Knock yourself out.

Anyway .. Delphy, when you have a minute, can you please check why my heart isn't showing up. Thanks!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#65 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:22 AM
You do have a say in what you think should be made - by going and making it. That's what this site is all about - learning to make your own unique custom content, and sharing it with others. Click on the Create dropdown to find all the tutorials, tips, and Q&A forums we have for that - anyone can make anything, if they are willing to put forth the effort into it.

We don't have requests forums any longer simply because most creators have plenty of ideas of their own, and don't need suggestions on what else to make. And the quickest way to get something made to your exact specifications is just to make it yourself. Hell, that's how I got started - I wanted one particular pair of glasses - and now I've made oodles of meshes and have gotten pretty popular as a creator.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:23 AM
i have tried to mod
i have made mods for my sims 3
now i am not going to upload them
i had a kleptomod changing behavior of kleptos and the amount/time they could steal
it isnt hard to mod
so why arent we?
oh yeah and fyi 456654 is something that doesnt take long to type in for my username so thaty y i chose it
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:25 AM
where are these great meshes hysterical paroxyism?
i cant remember the last time you made something good...
retired moderator
#68 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:26 AM
I think you just answered your own question - stuff like that is so simple to mod, if people want it it's very easy to go and tweak their own game to their liking. I tweaked several things for my own game that were useful, just not really worth uploading since anyone could make their own flavour exactly as they wanted in about 5 minutes worth of work. If you think there are good mods you can make and share, check out our Creator Guidelines and upload them. Otherwise, let creators create what they want, when they want, at their own pace. This site is all user submissions and while we occasionally do themed challenges, they are by no means mandatory and we otherwise don't tell creators what they should make.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:28 AM
you could start a modding drive
maybe a little icon for modders who add a mod during the mod drive
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:29 AM
456654: I have absolutely ZERO inclination to control what gets uploaded here, nor would I WANT that control. This site is FOR the creators to share things, and for the downloaders to download things. It's not for people to come and demand things, from the people who give up time and effort to make nice stuff to share.

I run this site becuase I can help with the hosting, the upload process, downloading, taking care of moderation, and so on, and NOT becuase I am a creator or becuase I want to tell people what to make. If you actually understood what this site was about, you'd know we are about teaching people to help themselves and to create themselves.

After all, hand a man a recolour, keep him happy for .5 of a second. Teach a man to recolour, keep him happy for a lifetime.

Sims3Addicted: I would like to go on record as stating that I most categorically do NOT get that so-called $838 a DAY from ads.

With regards to the heart, did you get the thankyou.php page?

retired moderator
#71 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:30 AM
We'll take the idea under consideration. Now let's get back on topic, shall we?
Theorist
#72 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Michelle 111 : 26th Sep 2009 at 1:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by 456654
Whose the idiot?
Me or all the people who donated

For people like myself, (disabled and on a pension) who enjoy the game, I can download from this site without have to pay yearly subscription fees, or make a donation every time I find an item I want to download, making a small donation to show my support does not make me an idiot. It makes me someone that appreciates all the work put into this site and the hours of added pleasure they bring to the game.
Test Subject
#73 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:30 AM
well you dont have to control, just persuade
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:38 AM
45: You can't expect - or demand - people to make mods all the time. People create things when THEY want, and while we do run Creator Challenges from time to time, generally speaking, as HP said, it's totally up to them.

I think a lot of creators would actually take offense at your attitude of "You should create more becuase I want you to!". You have to remember that a lot of creators from TS2 days never actually made the switch to TS3 days, and that stuff like game mods is SO SIMPLE to make with the tools and tutorials provided that, really, a monkey banging on a keyboard could do it. You really cannot and should not, ever, EXPECT people to always constantly be modding and in my many years experience in the game modding sector, I have never ever seen a game that doesn't have it's highs and lows in terms of released mods. Some games go months or years without anything major going on. I suspect you'd just get bored of those games quickly.

As for "not control just persaude". Why should I? Becuase you say so? Why should I have any say, whatsoever, in what people create?

I run the site, yes, but I will not, ever use my position of power to coerce people into making things that they themselves do not want to make. This is NOT your average Sims fansite, and I am NOT your average Sims fansite owner who also creates.

You really need to learn patience, and to understand that you have zero control over what people do - and no amount of pressuring me will ever make me change my stance either.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy

Sims3Addicted: I would like to go on record as stating that I most categorically do NOT get that so-called $838 a DAY from ads.

With regards to the heart, did you get the thankyou.php page?

lol I know. That was my point. If you *did*, good for you. It would be nice though, eh?

And no I didn't get a thankyou.php page?
Page 3 of 7