Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 32 (Who?), Viewed: 26506 times.
Page 2 of 2
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#26 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twallan
That only works if you happen to have two different copies of the world installed, each with their own unique name.

If you tried to travel to your own homeworld, the game would simply locate the existing town-file in your save-folder and load that instead.

Yes, that is what I had in mind
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 5:42 PM
Cool, just clarifying.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:18 PM
Well... technically you can. Not in the same hood. My sims own 3 houses "vacation homes" in the 3 different worlds with WA. So technically, my sims own 4 homes. I don't know if this is what you want but it works for me

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:28 PM
Of course, the first question is WHY does your sim want multiple homes? Does he think he is Mitt RMoney or something?

Then one thinks that some poor programmer probably worked long and hard hours to make sure your sim could not own multiple homes. This appears to be a deliberate design decision, proving once again that the suits who manage the game design don't actually PLAY the game. EA went through all the trouble of allowing sims to purchase (multiple community lots). Someone had to come up with a routine that allowed for the purchase of only community lots rather than all lots. Sad. Sad. Sad.

But then, maybe EA is planning to have a landlord feature in some future supplement -- perhaps another Apartment Life? Be a landlord. Collect rent (maybe). Have tenants call you in the middle of the night because their plumbing is broken. Have tenants randomly stop paying rent, so you have to evict them. Have tenants trash your rental home (sort of like the meteor storm). Lots of fun.
Space Pony
#30 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Gamer
Of course, the first question is WHY does your sim want multiple homes? Does he think he is Mitt RMoney or something?

That's easy. It avoids having to deal with undeserved relationship related stress. Just give your different wives and girlfriends each a home to boss around in. And then you can also own a house for you to dump your kids in with a couple of nannies. So you can sleep through the night while enjoying seeing them (on accasion) grow up. And of course you have your awesome bachelor pad. No, being bachelor isn't an actual requirement. Really, your bachelor pad doesn't care.
Copy this in every WA location and you are set!
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Gamer
Then one thinks that some poor programmer probably worked long and hard hours to make sure your sim could not own multiple homes. This appears to be a deliberate design decision, proving once again that the suits who manage the game design don't actually PLAY the game.

I dunno, I think the logistics of having multiple homes would be really challenging to manage and no doubt lead to a lot of undesirable consequences. Do you really want a popup asking you "which home" every time you click the button to send a sim home, or throw a party at home, or use the "invite over" interaction? Where does the newspaper and bills get delivered? When you adopt a kid or a pet, which house does the new family member get delivered to? And on and on and on. (Can't do it by where your sims are at, either, since you can easily have different household members at each lot.)

There are so many gameplay actions that rely on the concept of "home lot" that I think it would be a royal mess to try to implement multiple homes :p
Scholar
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 2:10 AM
I've really wanted this feature since Pets so that I could have a stable on one lot and the sims living on the other.
Instructor
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 2:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikandi
There are so many gameplay actions that rely on the concept of "home lot" that I think it would be a royal mess to try to implement multiple homes :p

Easy, you have your home lot. But you sims can purchase additional residential lots.

Actually, there probably is a way to do this, but I have not tried it out yet. Generally, it is not possible to convert a residential lot into a community lot. You lose you residential stuff like refrigerators and stoves (unless using modded items)'. However, it is possible to chane the zoning in CAW without losing the items. Of course this means you have to set this up before you start gameplay.

Once converted into a community lot, zoned no visitors allowed and/or with locked doors, you effectively have a home you can buy in game.

Of course to do this, you need to be the world's creator, have the CAW files, or know how to extract the C A W info from an existing game.

Personally, I think many worlds have too many residential lots. A world needs about 50 residential lots -- max. Everything else is just deco. So why don't world builders convert their deco residential lots into deco community lots? That way, sims can purchase second, third or e en fourth homes.
Page 2 of 2

Section jump