Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 2672 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:25 PM
Where do people post Legacy stories?
Hi!

I just recently decided that I wanted to have a go at a Legacy Challenge-family in The Sims 3 like I used to in TS2. I wrote stories around them and posted on the official TS2-website which worked fine for me. But I looked around the new site now and... meh, I'm not too thrilled about it, to be perfectly honest. So where do people post Legacy Stories nowadays? I'd both like to find some stories to read (because it's fun), AND find a place where I can post my own (because otherwise I'll get bored with the famliy on the third generation). :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:42 PM
Make sure to use your search buttons, they are very helpful.

Here is where they go...

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=567

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 5:15 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I did see the story forum, but I also read the rules. I'm definitely not sure that I will actually finish my legacy, since I've never managed to do so in the past. And so that's why I don't want to post it there - wouldn't want to break any rules, now would I? But thank you for the quick reply!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:00 PM
You can go to sims3legacy.com and create your own legacy there or read others. I signed up there, but had problems creating the format I wanted. I posted my first generation story in the story forum here. (See my siggy.)
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:02 PM
I think many people are posting legacies to online journals, with livejournal being a particularly popular option since it builds in a community aspect.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:24 PM
Ah, so you kind of just start a blog and put your text and pictures there? Well, I might try that. The only problem I see with that is that usually blogs have the most recent post at the top, right? Hmn. But I guess that's okay too, just have to get used to the idea. Thank you so much for the advice!
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:38 PM
Yes, I've seen many people post their legacy stories to blog sites. I also very much dislike trying to read them in blog format because I have to dig to the back to find the beginning of the story. It's not so bad for people who have kept up with the story all along, but it's terrible for anyone trying to catch up. You might check to see if a blog has an option for reversing the order of the posts. I am hoping at one point to play through a whole legacy and write their story but when I do I'll do it in HTML format and put it on our website.

That is another option, although not the easiest route to follow because it can involve learning much coding (XHTML, CSS) for maintaining the site. There are some excellent free tools online, however. I don't like WYSIWIG web page editors because they tend to bloat pages with unnecessary coding, but I have one (free) that I do sometimes use for helping me get things where I want them. It's called Kompozer. I also found a couple of websites with free templates that I use for my site (not BogSims). Syera did all the BogSims coding from scratch except for a script she uses for navigation. She is much more awesome than I.

Basically it boils down to how you want to present your story and how much time you want to spend on presenting it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 7:13 PM
Yeah, I'm really trying to figure out how much time I actually plan to pour into this. I do know how to make homepages (though I know very little coding, I've always used MS Frontpage) but I'm not too fond of making one for this. I want it simple. Just uploading the pictures and the text and that's basically it. I've made an account on Sims 3 Legacy and am trying to teach myself how it works. I find it complicating! But at least I've finished the first chapter, that's always something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 8:27 PM
Yay, now I've been working on tis for hours! Or so it seems. But I finally have the first chapter up. Thank you all for your help!

Section jump