Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Locked thread | Replies: 58 (Who?), Viewed: 42429 times. | Locked by: Delphy Reason: requested
Page 1 of 3
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 1:30 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 11th Oct 2009 at 4:22 AM.
Default Pointed ears sliders - for testing
Like Delphy, I'd like to know both of any problems with these and how well they inherit. Sample pics:







For ages toddler - elder, both genders. There are two sliders: the main 'Ear Points' one and one for an Ear Tilt. The one issue I'm aware of so far with these ears is that hair tends to protrude though them, and the the tilt is intended to allow some adjustment to fit the ears to your selected hair. Some hair won't work with them at all, of course.

And actually there's another issue - Delphy has found that there's a limit to how many sliders can be added to the various face adjustment panels. These go in the face and ear panel, in the specific ear adjustments. Delphy's breast size sliders are also in the face and ear panel, but he's going to move them to the mouth section where there's more free slots. Until that happens, between the breast sliders and these ear sliders, if you install more than four in total some of the built-in game facial sliders will stop working.

Put these in your mods/packages folder as usual, and look for the sliders in the ear adjustments. You may have to scroll down to see them.

Update: New version to correct gaps between the ears and head.

Update: Version 3 with backswept ears and multi-region support is posted.

Backswept ears:



And a blend of upswept and backswept:

Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip cmar_ears_morph_v3.zip (12.3 KB, 1851 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Packages for pointed ears and tilted ears - V3.0
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 5:21 AM
I'll test it.

Whee.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 5:48 AM Last edited by jllucas : 4th Oct 2009 at 5:59 AM.
It works, but there are many errors in the mesh, that makes it less interesting...
But the idea is really nice, i think you need correct them as soon as possible, because it's pretty nice and the comunity needs it!



These erros...
But it shows just in a big ear!

I'm sorry, my english is bad. :/
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 8:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllucas
It works, but there are many errors in the mesh, that makes it less interesting...
But the idea is really nice, i think you need correct them as soon as possible, because it's pretty nice and the comunity needs it!

These erros...
But it shows just in a big ear!/


Thanks for pointing this out so quickly! I found where my meshing went wrong - this is how it looks corrected:





The stretch marks on the back of the ear appear with the game sliders maximized so I don't think I can do much about them. And of course it's always going to look peculiar with all the sliders maximized.

Now I have to re-do all the rest of the meshes... *sigh*
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 1:08 PM
i love it
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 3:38 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 4th Oct 2009 at 7:20 PM.
Oh, this is fantastic! I've been trying to make elf ears as an accessory for quite some time now, with no success in producing anything remotely presentable. If you get this sorted out, which it looks like you will, you are going to have tons of fans for life!

EDIT: Have now tested them and I did have the same problem as jllucas - but, it seems to only be with females - a male Vulcan that I knocked together quickly, didn't have the 'webbed' effect between the ear and head that the female sim had:


One other thing I found was that the jaw height and depth sliders stopped working - however, I also have Delphy's breast sliders, and I tried removing them, and then the jaw sliders worked fine with only your ear sliders installed. (Please note that I was NOT using Delphy's 'vertical' breast slider that was known to cause problems with the jaw height slider - I'd already removed that one a while back when the conflict for that one was discovered.) So there seems to be a conflict somewhere between your sliders and Delphy's?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Thanks for pointing this out so quickly! I found where my meshing went wrong - this is how it looks corrected:





The stretch marks on the back of the ear appear with the game sliders maximized so I don't think I can do much about them. And of course it's always going to look peculiar with all the sliders maximized.

Now I have to re-do all the rest of the meshes... *sigh*


It's really better now...
Now I can make up elfs easier!
Thank u so much.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 7:44 PM
EsmeraldaF: If you had my 4 breast sliders AND the ear sliders, then thats 22 sliders in total, counting the 16 already in the "Head & Ears" tab. Hence why the existing in-game sliders broke.

It's not a conflict, it's just a hard limit in the game.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 7:47 PM
EsmeraldaF: The 'conflict' causing the jaw height to be disabled is not a conflict at all, it's that only four sliders can be added to the head and neck combined set of adjustments. (Delphy has confirmed that there's a hard-coded limit of 20 sliders per facial group - head & ears, eyes, nose, mouth - and adding more will disable existing ones. Got nothing to do with the vertical breast slider as such.) Delphy's going to move his sliders to the mouth where there's more room - see my original post. At some point as more sliders come out people are just going to have to choose which ones they want.

The 'ear gap' problem happened to be less pronounced with the adult male, but it's there in all of them, just not as easily visible.

I'm working on version 2 with the corrections - hope to get it uploaded tonight.

I like your Vulcan guy!

ETA: And Delphy beat me to the explanation!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 9:08 PM
Aha, thanks both of you, for the explanations. I look forward to the day when breasts and elf ears can cohabit simultaneously.

Thank you both for these great sliders - I do love how MTS has such talented and creative modders! Will be looking forward to version 2 of the ears.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:00 AM
Pointed Ears V2.0 is up, with the gapping corrected.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:39 PM
Just tested v2 and yes, no more web-eared females:


I love the sliders, they're really fun, ha ha:


If I get time, I'll try to see if they're hereditary, but if not, I hope someone else will try it - should be interesting!

Thank you so much for these!
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 9:31 PM
Yeah, by playing with the other ear sliders you can get some interesting results!
Supreme Social Simmer
#14 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:55 PM Last edited by kwillag : 6th Oct 2009 at 12:33 AM.
These are amazing, but I was wondering if it would even be possible to adjust the angle of the point? This looks great for Vulcan and western style elves, but it would be cool if the angle could be adjusted for a swept back or even down turned point. Though I would be quite satisfied if the point could only be swept back. Now I am not requesting this just merely suggesting more possibilities. What ever the outcome this will be a wonderful addition to the game. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:46 AM
I tested the second version, but I realized that there's an error that makes impossible to adjust many things in the face... my game is now closing by himself, I wonder if is possible to correct these erros, Would be really nice if they dissapear so quickly...
Is it possible to correct them? Are you working in another patch?
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllucas
I tested the second version, but I realized that there's an error that makes impossible to adjust many things in the face... my game is now closing by himself, I wonder if is possible to correct these erros, Would be really nice if they dissapear so quickly...
Is it possible to correct them? Are you working in another patch?


You'll have to be more specific about the errors you're getting. I don't know of anything in these sliders that could be crashing your game.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 5:03 AM

(Sorry about the size)
The two sliders are pretty flexable, so they work really well actually The only problem is that, much like Delphy's breast slider, it disables the the Jaw Height, but it also disables the Jaw Depth. Hopefully you can pinpoint the flaw, but I'd talk with Delphy too since he might be able to help ya out XD
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#18 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 8:38 AM
Dizor: The elf ears wont disable anything - if they are the only custom sliders you have. If you use the breast enhancement sliders as well then the jaw ones will get disabled.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:51 AM
The ears are hereditary. I will add screenshots later. My launcher is acting up at the moment. My sim had twins and both boys have the ears. Her husband does not have the ears.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
Dizor: The elf ears wont disable anything - if they are the only custom sliders you have. If you use the breast enhancement sliders as well then the jaw ones will get disabled.


Ah, blast :S Okay, I'll see which I need more, though its probably going to be the ears for now.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:27 PM
Is it possible to add the slider name to all languages. Because I assume with other languages than English you only see hexcodes. For example I'am German and can't see the names. They are hexcodes.

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
Dizor: The elf ears wont disable anything - if they are the only custom sliders you have. If you use the breast enhancement sliders as well then the jaw ones will get disabled.


So, I have to choose just only one custom slider? I'd like to use both. :/
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllucas
So, I have to choose just only one custom slider? I'd like to use both. :/
Thank you!


Check the Downloads section - Delphy has just uploaded the final version of the breast sliders and they are now relocated to the 'Mouth' slider panel, so there is no longer a conflict between those and the elf ears.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 8:56 PM
Delphy has changed the breast sliders to the mouth section, so now you can use both.

Thanks Cmar for a wonderful idea and work.

Ninja'd by Esmeralda!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillag
These are amazing, but I was wondering if it would even be possible to adjust the angle of the point? This looks great for Vulcan and western style elves, but it would be cool if the angle could be adjusted for a swept back or even down turned point. Though I would be quite satisfied if the point could only be swept back. Now I am not requesting this just merely suggesting more possibilities. What ever the outcome this will be a wonderful addition to the game. Thank you.


It's an interesting idea. Is there a picture you could post to show me what you have in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oepu
Is it possible to add the slider name to all languages. Because I assume with other languages than English you only see hexcodes. For example I'am German and can't see the names. They are hexcodes.


I'm going to take a stab at using the STBL editor to fix this - if it works I'll copy the English labels to the other locations, and maybe translate a few languages I'm kinda familiar with. (If I use an online translator I'm afraid it'll come up with something ridiculous or obscene!) If you could supply appropriate German for 'ear points' and 'ear tilt' that would help - and I'll have to ask you to test it too.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3
Back to top