Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:46 AM Last edited by lalena2248 : 20th Nov 2009 at 9:19 PM.
America's Next Fierce Model: Academy WINNER ANNOUNCED!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Title of Contest:
America's Next Fierce Model Cycle 2: Academy

Description of contest: Before Lyra Monroe was the official ANTM Cycle 4 Runner Up, she too was just an awkward teen and young adult, trying unnesuccesfully to find who she was in the world. Thanks to ANTM, she discovered a passion of modeling, fashion magazine editing and clothing design. Since her amazing turns as contestant, professional model and numerous hosting jobs, she has come to reflect a lot on her own life growing up:

Lyra: "I grew up in quaint Salem, Massachusetts in a home with 2 loving parents and my older sister, Jasmine. When I was 10 my whole world crashed...both my parents died in a tragic accident. In one instant I had lost my entire world. My life. My sister Jasmine, who is 8 years older than me, took me into the home where she was raising a daughter, Linore, on her own."

"I was twenty years old when my niece pushed the application for ANTM in front of me. I was down, trying to get through school, figure out what I wanted to do and who I was...you know, the usual junk you go through at that age. :laughs: I was pretty angst ridden. But, because of my little, staryy-eyed niece, my life changed. In turn, I helped her through her worst times as a young teen. I finally realized that it's girls at that age, in their teens, that need the most attention. Now a young woman, Linore is confident and following her own dream of modeling. She's turned herself into a confident, beautiful, not only woman, but human being as well. There's so much more to the world than just yourself. I'd like to help young woman just like I helped Linore and she helped me!"

Lyra is opening up this academy to help train you body, mind and spirit not only for your future career but for life.

The world of modeling is a ruthless business for even the most strong of heart. Do you have the guts and the courage to follow your dream?

Rules:
-All pictures must be taken in game. Photoshop is allowed only if you can combine it with a scene set in game. For example, I don't want to see your sim just plopped on picture background. This is an example of what is acceptable: Example (to come shortly) . Photoshop is allowed for adding borders, words, etc. Poser will not be allowed! Anyone caught using Poser will be eliminated! You may also use Photoshop to pose your Sims. A link to a tutorial for posing will be added later.
-Follow the rules for each round.
-Dates are dates. Photos MUST be in by the specific date for each round. If not, you will be eliminated. Why? Because most people get their stuff done on time, and it's not fair to hold up the contest.
-Photos should be no larger than 600 x 450. JPEG is the preferred file type.
-You may apply 2 teen females; only one per person will be accepted.

This contest will run from October 13 to November 13

Application:
Name:
Short Bio:
How would you describe your personality?
Why do you think you’re America’s Next Fierce Model? :
Also, 3 photos: One headshot, one full body, and one full body with a black dress on a white or greenscreen background.

Prize- to be announced...

Questions :question : Feel free to PM me!

1. Kari Trunks Round 1
Round 2
2. Jenny Alpin
3. Zara Woolf
4. Hisayo London Round 1
5. Camaro Rouge Round 1
6. Clara Bell Round 1

1. lalena2248
2. SolidGoldFunk84
3. KrisD

ROUND 1
ROUND 2
ROUND 3 AND 4

ATTENTION: APPLICATIONS WILL CBE ACCEPTED THROUGH ROUND 1. I WILL BE TAKING THE FIRST 6-12 APPLICANTS FOR THE CONTEST!!! THANKS!

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:46 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 10.13.09
Ends 11.13.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:17 AM
The Contest is officially open! Now accepting both model and judge applications!

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:34 PM
When are applications due, lalena2248? I guess I have been organizing all my downloads just to be ready for such a contest --- had to have something to do while I waited for my more excitement in the Contest Thread.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 10:40 PM
Applications Deadline
Thanks for your interest!

Sorry I should have posted that sooner. Applications are due by 10/17 9am CST.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 12:38 AM
What is poser?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hisui_hana
What is poser?

It is a modeling program that is not Sims based, thus it is not used here in this competition. However, if you are interested it taking a look, click here.

Scholar
#8 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 11:03 PM
Default Kari Trunks - Application
Hi, I'm Kari Trunks.
I'm a 16-year-old senior from Jim Falls, Wisconsin. Just another one of them boonie towns dotting the landscape. I am absolutely "fierce" about getting out and into the world. I've worked hard at school (got into the excelerated program so I'll be graduating early), starred in the school plays so I have plenty of practice in the limelight, help out in my community with all the town events, and love my mom and dad.
I'm a really outgoing person who loves to get into the thick of things. I throw myself wholly into all I do. I'm even a diehard when it comes to studying for school classes -- how else am I going to excel and get that life I crave?
Why am I America's Next Fierce Model? I'm that new face you've all been looking for. No Barbie here. I can do what it takes to win. I've wanted to walk the runway for as long as I can remember. I've got looks, personality and drive.

Head Shot

Here I am looking fierce.

In a white room with black curtains . . . . oops, I mean a black dress against a white wall.

lalena2248, those walls were white when I took the pic, should i paint them white in paint or just leave them as is? If I fix them that way, she'll end up with little square blotches outlining here and making her look like I plopped her onto a white background, though. I'm thinking I need to mess with my graphics card and see why the indoor pics aren't turning out well in my game anymore.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 11:34 PM
What age are our models meant to be? Teen / Young Adult / Adult?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
#10 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
What age are our models meant to be? Teen / Young Adult / Adult?

It says teen females on the last line of the rules.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
It says teen females on the last line of the rules.

So it does! It's late, LOL

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella[B
lalena2248[/B], those walls were white when I took the pic, should i paint them white in paint or just leave them as is? If I fix them that way, she'll end up with little square blotches outlining here and making her look like I plopped her onto a white background, though. I'm thinking I need to mess with my graphics card and see why the indoor pics aren't turning out well in my game anymore.

That photo's fine! Thanks!

Instructor
#13 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:10 AM
Is this contest only for Sims 3 or can we submit models from Sims 2?
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:25 AM
I hope it's for both, cuz I'm using Sims 2. Trying to use Sims 3 would require kicking my kid off his pc and keeping him from doing his "homework".

Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:19 PM
Jenny Alpin

Hi, I'm Jenny Alpin. I'm 17 and I'm from a little farming town called Walker Valley... oh, and don't worry, I'm not expecting you to have heard of it!

I spend most of my free time helping my Dad on our farm; planting vegetables or fishing... but I also enjoy sewing and going to the market with my gran or my friends. If I had to sum myself up in three words, they'd be: Honest, Caring and Friendly.

I'd like to think I could be "America’s Next Fierce Model" . I want to prove that you don't have to be a skinny city dweller with bleached blonde hair, shiny pink lipgloss and a miniskirt to be pretty... us country girls are coming, so get ready!

Scholar
#16 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 8:49 PM
I love it, wgroome, we both made our girls hail from boonie towns. Jim Falls is a real town in Wisconsin. In the middle of nowhere. Little bigger than the usual criteria for a Wisconsin boonie town, though, of slap up a bar and a church and voila! town!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 9:20 PM
Applications Extended
Hey guys! I'm extending the application deadline till Monday at 9am CST.

You can use Sims 3 or 2 if you would like. I'd recommend 2 as there are more posing hacks made so far, etc, but if you want to use 3, go ahead!

Great entries so far!

Scholar
#18 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:54 AM

Aloha! I am seventeen year old Zara from beautiful Kapaa, Hawaii. My days are spent in sunshine, helping out at my parents surf school. My real passion is environmental preservation and I am a passionate activist and a proud member of the animal rights organization here in Kapaa.

I can be America's Next Fierce Model because I believe I have a refreshing natural beauty combined with an outgoing personality and strong beliefs that drive me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quick question to the contestants already entered: which version of the sims did you make your characters in?

Thanks!

Scholar
#20 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lalena2248
Quick question to the contestants already entered: which version of the sims did you make your characters in?

Thanks!

I used Sims 2. Did you know you get a bleeper for a 2 word reply?

Scholar
#21 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 11:31 AM
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 1:58 AM Last edited by hisui_hana : 22nd Oct 2009 at 5:33 AM. Reason: Sorry used Sims 2
Hello judges! My name is Hisayo London. I am 17 years old and come to you all the way from Hikone, Japan. I love nature and activities I can do outside. Especially hiking. I actually have my own wood where I plant trees and wild plants. My community is very important to me. I believe in working hard to keep community whole spiritually and physically. I am also of mixed heritage.
What many in Japan consider an “Ai”. Basically, my mother is Black American and my father is Nihonjin. I have faced many difficulties because of this, but I choose to perservere through it all. I chose to live up to the name my parents have given me. Hisayo means “changed era”. It is a symbol of hope that I and others like me will be fully included into the culture we come from. I am a part of that change. I want other “Ai” to know that we are beautiful inside and out. This is why I am competing in America’s Next Fierce Model. I am determined and driven to become the winner. I am definately what the academy needs. A truly fierce represenative.
Headshot

Full Body

Black dress on Green Backgound
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 2:58 PM
Cute entries everyone! I look forward to seeing more.

Also, lalena, are you going to update the original post with the applicants? It would be a lot easier to get through all of the entries when judging time rolls around.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
Cute entries everyone! I look forward to seeing more.

Also, lalena, are you going to update the original post with the applicants? It would be a lot easier to get through all of the entries when judging time rolls around.

Yes, I am also going to post round 1 momentarily

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 3:34 AM Last edited by lalena2248 : 28th Oct 2009 at 3:11 AM.
Default Round 1
Lyra: Hello girls! It's so nice to finally meet all of you in person. Welcome to America's Fierce Model: Academy! As you read on the application, this competition is not only for you learn the basics of modeling, but is also to help you be yourself and become confident young adults!

Like most of us as teens, my walls were covered with posters of people I adored. Along with some of the more notably influential people during my teen years, I was totally in awe with Hollywood and the glamour of it's hey-day. Ironically, most of the people I had idolized, who appeared to have everything, seemed to be the most troubled. From Marilyn Monroe to Audrey Hepburn, each had suffered their own setbacks and personal tragedies. But, that is life. Some conquered them and thrived while others let their issues consume them.

I want you to portray some of my favorite old Hollywood Idols that I will assign to each of you. I will include a small back-story as to why I choose her, as well as links to more information to help you when you design you photo. I want the photo to illustrate the character in both looks and overall spirit.

Along with the photo, I would like a brief sentence or two regarding your thoughts on the individuals and how they relate to you? Also, who is your hero or idol?

Kari: You will be portraying Mae West, the bawdy vaudeville and film star from the early 1900s. Ms. West was far ahead of her time. Her life was full of controversy and were in the media more than once. Because of her dialogues laced with risque language and unheard of themes at the time, such as homosexuality, she was accused of being immoral and a menace to society and was once actually jailed for her crimes! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mae_West

Jenny: Rita Hayworth was a prolific dancer and movie star. Born into a family of dancers and actresses, Rita had a style, glamour and drive to become one of Hollywood's first bombshells. With the help of Max Factor, Rita developed into a style suited for royalty. But, she wasn't just the sex symbol for the 1940s. She was smart, crafty and a dynamic threat in the business. As both a dancer and an actress, the young Rita was a force to be reconned with. In her personal life, although gorgeous, Rita was just like most girls: shy and with a self-depricating inferiority complex. She never let her fame get to her head. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Hayworth

Lara: I had always been fascinated by Audrey Hepburn. Not only was she a woman of extreme refinement, grace and character, but she wore her heart on her sleeve. After enduring near starvation during WWII which caused her to lose her dream of being a professional dancer, she rose to the top of her class in the film industry. She accomplished this all the while dealing with personal tragedy. The woman wore her heart on her sleeve and cared for people the world over. Audrey even joined UNICEF to help bring attention to the horrors of hunger, the horror she knew all too well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Hepburn

Hisayo: Dorothy Dandrige practically smashed the color barrier. She went from lounge singer to movie starlet after the Great Depression, a time where it normally wasn't allowed! Her carrier spanned from the 1930s until her untimely death in the 1960s. Although tragic, Dorothy worked hard to persevere in her dream of being a singer and leading lady. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Dandridge

Camaro: Natalie Wood was a star at a young age. She grew up on the screen, from the little girl who sat on Santa's lap to a beautiful dancing lady in West Side Story. Despite a stage mom determined to force her into stardom, Natalie followed her own path and lived her life on screen and off the way she wanted to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Wood

Clara: Clara Bow was the "It Girl" during the silent film era. From her quirky style and mannerisms grew the basics of modern film and acting. Throughout her career, Clara faced many unflattering and mostly untrue rumors, which led to many horrible situations for her during her life. Still, she trudged on through tragedy and fame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Bow

Ladies, I want these photos to be AMAZING!

DEADLINE IS 10/26 12AM! ROUND 2 WILL BE POSTED SOON AS WELL! HAVE FUN!

Page 1 of 4