Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1530 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:32 PM
Default Body Shop will not open at all.
I just received my copy of the Sims 2 Double Deluxe Edition yesterday.
After installing it the first time, the actual game worked fine. I didn't save anything.
I closed out of the actual game and noticed there wasn't a shortcut for Body Shop on my desktop so I went through the start menu to find it. I clicked on it and it just wouldn't open. I even left my computer on overnight to give it time to do so.
I've gone through the FAQ/Walkthrough for solving this problem numerous times, however, being as I hadn't saved or even actually played the game other than just seeing if it loads, none of the specified files to delete were in any of my folders; thus making the FAQ useless to me. I am posting to see if any of you could help me fix this issue.
I've included screenshots to show what I mean better.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the game numerous times only to have the same issue, I looked through each of the folders under
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\
, and tested each of the TS2BodyShop.exes there were in the CSBin subfolders .

Folders 'Base', 'EP2', and 'SP4' have both the PackageInstaller.exe and TS2BodyShop.exe, however, only the PackageInstaller seems to work in any of the folders, including 'EP99'.

When I clicked on C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe, I received this error right away.
With the others, I didn't get anything at all; the program simply didn't run.

Quote:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DV051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 673MB used, 1766MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_01C41028&REV_04
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4410 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/14/2005 21:06:58, 36990 bytes

I hope I have been thorough enough to give you all some incite as to what is causing Body Shop not to work for me and that you all can help me find a solution.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 11:19 AM
EP99? What's that? There certainly aren't 99 TS2 EPs...
You'll have to use the Bodyshop file for your latest EP; however if that's supposedly "EP99", then I'm afraid I've no idea what's going on there. :/

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 8:11 PM
I haven't installed any EPs other than what comes with Double Deluxe.
Double Deluxe comes with Nightlife and the Celebration stuff pack.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 8:19 PM
When you play TS2 now, what's the name of the Sims 2 process in task manager?

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Site Helper
#5 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:22 AM
I believe that EP99 is the Sims 2 Store Edition, which is the pseudo-EP which EA installs to make sure that all of their downloads will work, no matter what EPs you have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 9:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
When you play TS2 now, what's the name of the Sims 2 process in task manager?

'The Sims 2 Store Edition'
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Oct 2009 at 3:20 AM
This message has been deleted by callistra. Reason: please do not multipost. someone will reply when they have advice
Test Subject
DELETED POST
29th Oct 2009 at 3:52 AM
This message has been deleted by callistra. Reason: please don't hijack threads - plasticbox answered you on your own help thread and you need to heed the advice
Site Helper
#7 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 5:01 PM
At this time, it appears that no one here has any ideas. Perhaps you should ask EA how to run Body Shop with the Sims 2 Store Edition.

Section jump