Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 7696 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:32 PM
Default How do I turn a community lot into a residental one?
I downloaded sunni9676's Mercy Hospital and want to make it so my Sims can have their babies born there. How do I turn a community lot into a residental lot?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:36 PM
You have to have a buyable trash can, and mail box in your buy catalogue, put one of each down on the desired lot, then before you save and leave type in...

changelotzoning residential

Save, return to the neighborhood screen, and it should work.

Usually you only have to put in the cheat to change a lot's status, but community lots and residential lots are different for two obvious reasons...the mailbox, and the trash can, it won't turn into one unless you put them down first and foremost.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by singing_Noel
You have to have a buyable trash can, and mail box in your buy catalogue, put one of each down on the desired lot, then before you save and leave type in...

changelotzoning residential

Save, return to the neighborhood screen, and it should work.

Usually you only have to put in the cheat to change a lot's status, but community lots and residential lots are different for two obvious reasons...the mailbox, and the trash can, it won't turn into one unless you put them down first and foremost.

Where can I find a buyable trash can and mailbox? Where do I type in changelotzoning residential?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:56 PM
Buyable Trashcan: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=118071

Now as for the mailbox, I forgot where I got mine. I'll have to look into that more.

For your last question, I'll send you a PM to explain how the cheat system works ingame.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 8:02 PM
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 8:25 PM
You have to buy the mailbox and the trashcan:

Residential Kit for AL
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 11:24 PM
Okay, I got the kit arathea posted, where do I find it in my game? Maybe I didn't download it right, what file do I put it in?

Will the taxi phone disapear when I put the mailbox/trashcan and when I type in the cheat code?
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 11:42 PM
The steps:

1)
- load the community lot
- open the cheat console with Ctrl+Alt+c
- type in: changelotzoning residential and press return
- save the lot and go back to the neighborhood screen

2)
- load the (now) residential lot
- use the cheat moveobjects on
- look for the mailbox/trashcan under misc/misc in buy mode
- place them where you wand them to be
- sell the phone booth and the community trashcan
- use the cheat moveobjects off
- save the lot

The mailbox/trashcan only appear in the catalogue on residential lots. The cheat moveobjects on will give you the ability to sell the phone/community trashcan and the ability to move the mailbox/trashcan when you placed them.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleTheArtist
you can just type changelotzoning residential. Mailbox and trashcan get added automatically.

I believe it used to be this easy until OFB came around. I used to just type the cheat in and it'd work, but recently it's been more...complicated.

Which is dumb.

All I know is that you need to have a trashcan and mailbox present, to turn a community into a residential.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:54 AM
Typing in the cheat did not work and I don't see the mailbox and garbage can anywhere.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 4:58 AM
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 6:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleTheArtist
I used the changelotzoning residential, with OFb always worked, still works now >_>

That is odd, because I only have up to NL, and it definitely doesn't give you the residential mailbox if you start with a community lot and then switch the zones. Nor does it work in reverse (giving you the community phone), but you can buy that from the community catalog so it doesn't matter.
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 7:55 AM
A surefire way to change lot zoning is if you have SimPE installed. You must change the mailbox and garbage can in game (by using the moveobjects on) before you do it in SimPE, but once you do that, everything shows up.
I have NL, as well. I downloaded the garbage can and the mailbox from another site.

Section jump