Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Model B Curls, Realistic-er "Cherub" Retextures

by AlfredAskew Posted 30th Oct 2009 at 2:02 AM - Updated 30th Oct 2009 at 8:55 PM by AlfredAskew

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:04 AM
Oooh, fluffy! My first reaction was "omg offense bluster smash!" but you did such a beautiful job - I made those textures AGES ago and Cherub was my Very First Mesh! I love how full and smooth and shiny these look. Much more touchable soft shiiiny. Lovely!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Oooh, fluffy! My first reaction was "omg offense bluster smash!" ... Lovely!

Ha. Yeah... no offense meant (rest assured, your textures are still heavily used in my neighborhoods) I just have a thing for drawing curls.

Oh squee! I am so glad you like it!

You've made my favorite meshes. They're so well mapped and much fun to texture. :D
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:23 AM
You both did an amazing job!!!!!!!!!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:02 AM
Love these. So thick and healthy looking.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:55 AM
These are delightful, and complement the originals nicely! Now I just need to Maxify both a little for my own game... (I'm anal-retentive about matching hair textures.)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 4:10 AM
Thanks to people like you with no life...for making TS2 much more fun for the rest of us...who have no lives, either <3
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 6:17 AM
I quite like these...curls gotta be a real pain in the butt to re-texture, but I think this looks pretty good. Kinda messy-like, which is a good thing!
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 7:17 AM
Your textures are still scrumptious!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 9:51 AM
These are so lovely. I have some yummy boys in mind for them. Thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 10:14 AM
Thanks all!

Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
Now I just need to Maxify both a little for my own game...

I totally understand that.
There are about four distinct shades in these, if you take a color a half step lighter than the second lightest and a full step darker than the bright shiny color (sorry that's vague), make a fill layer and set it to darken it'll knock out the shine and maxify it easy. Not to teach gramma to suck eggs or anything, but if case it can save you an hour or whatnot... shrugs.

Quote: Originally posted by flamingo57
I quite like these...curls gotta be a real pain in the butt to re-texture...

They can be... these honestly weren't so hard. Just a bucket fill on the alpha, then just visualizing the direction I wanted the waves to run... the rest is just shading cylinders of varying sizes.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 10:58 AM
Lovely thank you
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:36 PM
Oh, how pretty! Love what you have done with this great mesh

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:22 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous! I've been looking for something like this for quite a while.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:38 PM
This looks absolutely amazing! I use the original mesh a lot in my game, but it's nice to have another option for my curly sims.

I assume this is enabled for all ages just like the original one, right?

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 4:56 PM
I love it. I always liked the mesh, but the colours were not too attractive. Now I can use it again!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 6:43 PM
Niiiiiice! It's more realistic looking now! :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 7:21 PM
Yes yes yes! The red! Gorgeous.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 8:04 PM
You make the best curly textures. <3
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 8:36 PM
Gorgeous! Will you be doing it for the girls mesh too?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 3:29 PM
Oh I love curls. My hair is naturally curly in real life. Born with it. Anyway, I'm always looking for great curls. I have HP's. Now yours. Do you think you could make a shoulder length version for the females (all ages)? There doesn't seam to be any nice curls for our ladies. PLEASE........ :-)
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:37 PM
These look lovely ingame! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlifegirl
Do you think you could make a shoulder length version for the females (all ages)? There doesn't seam to be any nice curls for our ladies. PLEASE........ :-)

I happen to have some shoulder length curls myself. If I ever find a decent mesh it'll happen... maybe. Really slowly. Hair of that length would take ages to texture.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 2:38 PM
Hysterical Paroxysm did two curly hairs for the ladies. "Seraph" is a version of the "Cherub" Curls and "Adrasteia Natural Curls" is long. Past the shoulders. The "AN" Curls are okay, not as curly as it could be, but I still use it. What I'm looking for is a little longer than the "Seraph" Curls not as long as the "AN" Curls. So maybe that would be easier. I don't know. I don't know how to mesh, bitmap, bump, or create period.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlifegirl
Hysterical Paroxysm did two curly hairs for the ladies. "Seraph" is a version of the "Cherub" Curls and "Adrasteia Natural Curls" is long. Past the shoulders. The "AN" Curls are okay, not as curly as it could be, but I still use it. What I'm looking for is a little longer than the "Seraph" Curls not as long as the "AN" Curls. So maybe that would be easier. I don't know. I don't know how to mesh, bitmap, bump, or create period.

Ooooooh. I'd forgotten that mesh. I don't use it myself, as my graphics card hates high poly hair. I don't know if it'll take a trim gracefully. It's pretty much meshed to be the length it is from the looks of it. If it is, the edges with look ragged and the animations will look like the hair is tied with invisible strings to the shoulders. But I don't know.
It's a good texture too. I don't know how much more frizz I can tease out of it.
I dunno. Doubts aside, I'll look into it. :3
Page 1 of 2