Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Men's recolourable trenchcoat outfit - Adult and Young Adult

by Esmeralda Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:35 AM - Updated 27th May 2013 at 2:53 PM by Esmeralda : Just slight changes to text

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:46 AM
could you convert this to female also??? that'd be cool

thank you
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:47 AM
Awesome, but I wish there was a turtleneck variant.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 1:07 AM
This is awesome! Did you make your sim in game? I am trying to get a masculine face on mine and it's not working out quite as well as I planned.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 1:30 AM
Thank you SO MUCH! Our male sims have been so sadly negected... What cc out there for men is just not as good or plentiful. Nice to have something my men wil actually use.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:17 AM
Great job on this, i agree, they need more long jackets!

It would be awesome to see another version of this with a little bit more length! mid-calf area would be great.

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:35 AM
Yeesh, if you keep being so awesome my game will be filled with only your creations... You should get a prize or something!

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:48 AM
This is awesome! I wish I could figure out how to mesh properly. I'd love to see a longer version of the jacket.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 4:14 AM
Woo...thanks Esmeralda...been w8ing for one of these for a long time :3
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 4:56 AM
Nice outfit! Thanks Esmeralda

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:12 AM
Just like I expected, a surprise after each upload.

Thank you very much! I was also disappointed about the missing trenchcoat/long jacket. I really appreciate that you created this, and like someone mentioned, it would be nice if there was a turtleneck variant. You're too busy for that though.

Anyway, thanks again, and keep it up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 8:34 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 3rd Nov 2009 at 8:45 AM.
Thanks very much everybody, glad some of you find this useful, like I do!

Re doing a turtleneck variation, if I get some extra time I'll see if I can make it look good enough by alpha editing rather than by extending the mesh (as my newbie meshing skills aren't up to too much out of the ordinary!) and if so, I'll upload it.

Re doing a female version, no plans at the moment, but might do something similar for females at some point in the future, if someone else doesn't do it first! There is such a dire lack of content for men that I prefer to concentrate on that first - there are loads of talented and experienced meshers out there making new meshes for women, but very few for men for some reason!

I won't be doing a longer version - I would have preferred to make it calf length, but again, due to lack of meshing expertise (and the limitations of the sims modelling system anyway), I don't know how best to do that without getting too much of that 'stuck to the sim's legs' look that the long coats in TS2 had, which I really didn't like the aesthetics of - I thought it looked terrible. Making it knee-length was the best compromise for making it as long as possible without that stuck to the legs thing, and it still looks OK when the sim sits down (any longer than that, without fixing it to the legs the coat sticks straight out when the sim sits down!).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerin
This is awesome! Did you make your sim in game? I am trying to get a masculine face on mine and it's not working out quite as well as I planned.

Yes, I make my own sims, and you are right about how hard it is to get a masculine and attractive face on men (and an attractive non-pudding face for women as well)! I use a slider hack (from the Awesomemod) and it may not be possible to achieve non-pudding enough features without one, plus the skin I use helps too: Asian skins by 234jiao http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349827

It does take a lot of playing around to get more chiseled-looking features - play around especially with the cheek and jaw sliders, and lower the chin a bit to counteract the double chin, and hopefully you'll be able to attain something closer to what you're after!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:10 AM
Finally a nice coat! Thank you soo much for sharing! I´m in love with nearly every kind of coats, so this one is perfect for my taste. Could you do a version with a dress shirt under it? That would be perfect!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:07 PM
Wonderful creation, thank you for your work.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:42 PM
You keep it up with the great uploads, looks fantastic and just what we need!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:59 PM
Thanks so much! I love this coat. It looks very versatile. You are very much appreciated.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:39 PM
Thank you! It looks quite lovely!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 4:51 PM
Yes!! Fetching indeed! The guys really needed this coat and it looks smashing!! Thanks so much!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:20 PM
Thank you!Can you make vampire version?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:22 PM
That looks very nice. Can it be converted for elders?

Always choose short hairstyles for your clothing models!
My Sims 1 stuff is still available, because some still play the original game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnip834
Thank you!Can you make vampire version?

I'm not sure what you mean by vampire version - you can recolour it black and/or with custom vampire-style patterns that you've downloaded from someone who makes patterns, if that's what you mean? You can repattern the three recolourable parts with any pattern you like.

Quote: Originally posted by BastDawn
That looks very nice. Can it be converted for elders?

Outfits replace the whole body and an adult outfit will not line up with the head of an elder sim, or a teenaged sim for that matter. Converting it for another age group would entail having to remake it all over again. I might do it at some point, but can't say when that might be!
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 6:53 PM
Pllleeeeaaase could you convert this for male teens too? My teens have a desperate need for a coat and this looks just perfect for the look I'm searching for. Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evildragonqueen
Pllleeeeaaase could you convert this for male teens too? My teens have a desperate need for a coat and this looks just perfect for the look I'm searching for. Thanks

As above, I might do it at some point when I have the time, as it's not a matter of 'converting' it but remaking it all over again, but not in the immediate future.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 8:46 PM
This is excellent, it looks stylish & is a very needed addition to TS3. Many thanks for sharing this!
Page 1 of 4