Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A thicker Transparent Wall

by hazuitokage Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 9:09 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2009 at 8:11 PM by hazuitokage

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:16 PM
Awesome. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:18 PM
Great, thank you. It looks very shiney, did you adjust the specular or is this a default glass?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:26 PM
There is definitely a reason I have you listed as a favorite creator ;D

Grab some goodies on The Rejected

The Rejected is a shared blog and all are welcomed to join. Now you can also follow us @RejectedSims on Twitter.

I'm currently participating in the Builder's Boulevard first neighborhood project: Sanshi Suimei Please join us!
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:27 PM
This is like...the next best thing to grilled cheese! Thanks so much. Can't wait until we get transparent flooring. I'll probably die then! Rofl...

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:35 PM
Hey Lemon ^^. No that's the default glass. I did use the same shader on the parts of the mesh that constitute the sides (i.e., all the parts except the glass panes and the shadow). That I tried to render less shiny by adjusting the specular, but I didn't see any significant change. You can open it and fiddle with the settings if you want :D.
But utlimately, I think it looks very shiny because there's a lot of surface and it's outside..

Have all fun with it ^^.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:41 PM
Great job! very impressed!

Call me Tyu. (:
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:09 PM
Yay! Thanks!
Finaly a window that fits perfect for my futuristic city! I have used all the base ones that looks modern and decent to make a downtown area but the little variation makes it kinda repeating.

But I wonder if it is possible to make more shinier ones like a darker mirror that are abit transperent..
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:47 PM
I love you this is amazing! Could you maybe... make transparent FLOOR tiles?? If so, please do so I love your work.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 11:09 PM
I actually like it with the lines in between. It kind of give it the appearance of those shop windows you find in malls and small stores. Thanks
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
I've been wanting a glass wall for eons....yay!! Thank you for sharing.
Alchemist
#12 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 12:41 AM
Beautiful work as always HT. Thanks so much

OM
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:06 AM
U r the best ever i have wanted some one to make this mod so bad thx so much!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:29 AM
I love it but i was wondering if u or some one could make a glass floor tile or a tile of sort to mach.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:29 AM
thank you :lovestruc

now we want some transparant floor too.. :P
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:29 AM
Thank You
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:41 AM
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:44 AM Last edited by Kyro2 : 5th Nov 2009 at 1:58 AM.
I just found a small prob when i put tile on top the glass goes above the tile just to let u know it looks so good when u make several story windows but when u try to put a floor on it there is a small prob.
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 5:03 AM
First there was the glass wall at SimsLulumai which was good, then there was the glass wall at Simpossible which was fantastic. But then this, this...MASTERPIECE rolls into our sim's life! Spectacular job!

BTW, I second or third the idea for glass floors and doors.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 5:44 AM
Thx for these, they look nice in testing. The only thing I've seen as a problem with the houses I've tested them on is that they are not selectable for removing the windows. I can not use the sledge hammer or just grab them. So the only way to remove them is to use the create wall tool and remove the whole wall they are attached to. It's only slightly annoying, mostly bc I have to redesign the walls. Might just be me tho.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:12 AM
if u Could u make the glass seamless i love ether way but if u make higher than 2 floor window it dose starts to lose its charm. this is after i tested on dif stile hoses and skyscrapers. Sry if I'm starting to sound like I'm complaining. I would do it my self but idk how to do it my self.

THAX for all ur work!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:35 AM
Wow, I love your version of transparent walls. I also love the idea to see a bit of joints between the panels. Perfect for me ! Immediate download and favorited ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 8:25 AM
Beautiful! I hope this set will come in seamless with matching floor as well, that would be awesome. Thanks heaps for your hard work!

Si vos tribuo , vos mos suscipio :)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 8:29 AM
No way, thanks

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 8:58 AM
This is Great! THanks!
Oh yes...you should make glass floor tiles *wink wink*
Page 1 of 3