Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Locked thread | Replies: 166 (Who?), Viewed: 301774 times.
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
jonha: Yeah I got about as far in my testing a while back. Modifying the UI XML seems to play merry buggers with the buttons.

Changing the kMaxSliders would require a core mod, yes, but then you couldn't use it with AwesomeMod, etc.


I think I've got it working... I was able to expand the limit for the amount of sliders in a particular region to more than 20.

In addition to the kMaxSliders variable [acutally I don't think kMaxSliders is actually used...not sure] there's also a few more lines of code below it that need to be changed:

IL_0001: ldc.i4.s 20
IL_0072: ldc.i4.s 20
IL_00ef: ldc.i4.s 20

Changing the 20 to, say 50, should give you 50 sliders to work with...

I examined the AwesomeMod code and it seems not all those lines were changed...So I guess that's why it wasn't working for me.

Anyways, I tested a region with more than 20 sliders and they all seem to be working...
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I thought about that too - VERY briefly. Due to the nature of the game every single body and bottom mesh would have to have a butt morph added, and more than one if you want a lot of individual variation. (Unless you want to settle for your Sims having an adusted butt in some clothes and not others.) To do that for teen through elder would be an insane amount of work. The elf ears were possible because each age/gender uses a single face, but it was still a lot of work to do three morphs each for 10 age/genders and 3 lods = 90 meshes.

I'm adding my vote for shoulders.

Is it even possible to add a category panel or are they hard-coded?

AwesomeMod increases the limit for each category, so we know that's possible. I've been toying with the idea of trying to make a standalone mod to increase the limit, for people who don't want to use Awesome. I've never even tried core modding but maybe something relatively simple like this might be a good place to start. (Unless someone else is working on it?)

Within the normal ranges all your adjustments look great, Jonha. I did notice the hands moving with the waist adjustment, and wondered if the hands could have their bone weights changed to decrease that effect.


Here's a standalone core mod in case you don't want to use AwesomeMod...
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip IncreaseSliderLimit.zip (560.4 KB, 24026 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Standalone mod for increasing slider limit to 50.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#53 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Z
Here's a standalone core mod in case you don't want to use AwesomeMod...


Wow, you are FAST. Just tried it out and it works perfectly, at least for the one extra slider we have now. In fact it works better than Awesomely - you were right, when I tried with AwesomeMod the extra slider worked but Delphy's Sim Height slider (which I had tweaked to enable the short morph) was doing the short morph in both directions and no tall morph. Your mod left both directions working.

I hope you'll submit this to Downloads - it'll be very useful as more sliders come out, and the apparent glitch aside, many people prefer not to use Awesome.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:24 PM
Translation into Brazilian Portuguese wpuld be:

Breast size = Tamanho do busto
-Waist size = Tamanho da cintura
-Hip size/pelvis width = Tamanho do quadril
-Butt Size = Tamanho do bumbum
-Head Size = Tamanho da cabeça
Instructor
#55 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:33 AM
This may be a stupid question, but in TS3 WA there are about 4 new sliders, they are mostly for tweaking the face but will this conflict with the tester sliders? I think I'd rather have them then the WA one's. I'll try to get a list, when I go back to CAS.

1 Cheek Jowls
2 Chin Underlip depth
3 Eyes Apex Lower
4 Mouth Corner Depth

Lastly all the sliders seem to be 2X now. I can't be sure because I haven't played w/o Awesomemod since it's been out. No screen shots becauseI'm writing this on my work PC and playing the game on my laptop.


BTW, no mods, CC or anything else in game. No problems installing either.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Wow, you are FAST. Just tried it out and it works perfectly, at least for the one extra slider we have now. In fact it works better than Awesomely - you were right, when I tried with AwesomeMod the extra slider worked but Delphy's Sim Height slider (which I had tweaked to enable the short morph) was doing the short morph in both directions and no tall morph. Your mod left both directions working.

I hope you'll submit this to Downloads - it'll be very useful as more sliders come out, and the apparent glitch aside, many people prefer not to use Awesome.


I would submit it to the "Downloads", but I'm kinda of new to this...not too sure how...

In the meantime here's an updated version for the new expansion pack in case anyone wants it...

NOTE: In order to make it work, you have copy that d3dx9_31.dll file from you Sims3\Game\Bin folder to the new Sims3 WA\Game\Bin folder...
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip IncreaseSliderLimit EP1.zip (602.3 KB, 3182 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Increases the slider limit from 20 to 50 for the Sims 3 EP1.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#57 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Z
I would submit it to the "Downloads", but I'm kinda of new to this...not too sure how...

In the meantime here's an updated version for the new expansion pack in case anyone wants it...

NOTE: In order to make it work, you have copy that d3dx9_31.dll file from you Sims3\Game\Bin folder to the new Sims3 WA\Game\Bin folder...


Again, you are fast!

To submit a mod, just click on Create \ Upload Items. The wizard will walk you though it and has plenty of guidelines and suggestions.
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacciinatl
This may be a stupid question, but in TS3 WA there are about 4 new sliders, they are mostly for tweaking the face but will this conflict with the tester sliders? I think I'd rather have them then the WA one's. I'll try to get a list, when I go back to CAS.

1 Cheek Jowls
2 Chin Underlip depth
3 Eyes Apex Lower
4 Mouth Corner Depth


They are included in the patch, too (I don't have WA), and as far as I see, they are compatible. The only problem, as usual, is the slidier limit, so now, as there is the Mouth Corner Depth now, you can't have Delphys breast sliders and my sliders installed together, as they would need 5+4 slots, but with the patch there are only 8 slots free. You will have to remove for example my breast slider, or one of the lesser useful ones from Delphy (breast distance or so). Or install the mod by S3Z.

Quote:
Lastly all the sliders seem to be 2X now.


That, I can't reproduce. Looks very normal here.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonha
As said before, after adding a button in the XML file, the game didn't resond anymore on botton clicks on the left 5 buttons, so no chance to actually see the button. The file I changed was S3_025C95B6_00000000_3991095738CFC056_CASFacialDetails%%+LAYO in UI.package.

I attached the package I used for testing, but as I said, it didn't work. (I tried with different ControlIDs and Comments). Maybe this will help you, to find out what's going wrong. My button starts after the empty line in line 746 and goes to the next empty line (l. 844)


I figured out the main issue that was causing the non-responsive buttons in CAS. The issue results from the system reading more "Children" objects than the count value specifies. The value in error for the mod you posted is in Ln 24; changing that value from 5 to 6 successfully loaded CAS with working buttons. Once inside to the facial details panel, you can see the added button, but it is stacking its position with another button, which means there is a conflict with the position value. While the new button doesn't have any functionality--adding function would require a core mod, or a a stand-alone CAS object--the button did appear and behaved like a button when clicked (although, once clicked, it ceased button functionality since there was no function attached to unset the button once clicked--i.e. it remained highlighted as if in the details pane). Also, all of the other buttons worked normally, meaning there were no flagrant conflicts. Overall this is great progress, since we--more you than me since I just found one variable change--did add a new button to CAS Details.

I will work on this more later, and maybe have a screenie with a new button, but since its 2:00AM here, I'm off to bed; I just wanted to let everyone have good new to wake up to in the morning.
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:55 AM Last edited by jonha : 18th Nov 2009 at 11:21 AM.
OK, this children thing makes sense, didn't noticed that before. Thank you!

Edit: OK, here is a screenshot

And I'm pretty sure, that I got the positioning right, you see, I had been able to move the two lowest buttons down the correct way. I suppose there is some repositioning in the core code.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#61 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:57 PM
Pretty exciting stuff. A functional separate panel would be ideal.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:20 PM
wow!!! so much progress since i last looked here! keep it up guys, i know we all appreciate it!



Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 4:18 PM Last edited by jonha : 18th Nov 2009 at 5:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Pretty exciting stuff. A functional separate panel would be ideal.


OK, modding the panel is possible, too.

Now I need to look how to hide the panel with the premade designs, as it will be useless for the body, and then look into the core code.

(In the screenshot, I replaced the head&ears panel, because I couldn't load it yet in my custom panel, of course)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:24 PM
Two more little bits of information on the UI XML.

First, the new button needs to be assigned a unique "ControlID". These are how the button is called from within the core code. From what I've seen in the core, the ConrtolIDs are assigned sequentially, starting a new sequence for each group. For our group, the sequence begins with 0x05db9c00 (the "Done" button) and ends with 0x05db9c0b. A quick search in reflector revealed that values from 0x05db9c0c through 0x05db9c2f are unassigned (probably more but I doubt that anyone would need more than 30 new buttons for this group, so i didn't search any farther). So picking one of those would give us a unique ControlID. (Line 748)

Second, in the TooltipText, the value would need to be changed to display the proper tooltip, and the key would also need to be changed. The key follows a simple rule: 00000012:00000000:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the 'x's are the FNV32 hash of the entire string of the value comment.

I spent more time this morning looking at the XML for the facial details, but I am also stumped as to why the new icon is not aligning correctly.
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:52 PM Last edited by jonha : 18th Nov 2009 at 8:06 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez Delnava
First, the new button needs to be assigned a unique "ControlID".


i already know. I just used an existing one for testing.

Quote:
Second, in the TooltipText, the value would need to be changed to display the proper tooltip, and the key would also need to be changed. The key follows a simple rule: 00000012:00000000:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the 'x's are the FNV32 hash of the entire string of the value comment.


Thanks. But would I need to define the String in the original stbl or can I define my own? If yes, do I have to reference it someway?

Btw: I started rewriting the core code, and it looks very good. I hope, I can upload a beta version tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez Delnava
I spent more time this morning looking at the XML for the facial details, but I am also stumped as to why the new icon is not aligning correctly.


Correction: I figured it out just after posting that. We had assigned the new button to the wrong parent class.

I'm uploading the fixed FacialDetails UI XML here. I moved the new button into the correct parent path, made the ControlID unique (I used 0x05db9c0d), and changed the Tooltip value string to "Ui/Tooltip/CAS/Facial:Body" with matching key.

I'm not sure how the STBL file is associated. With the file I attached, the tooltip does not appear, so there must be a way to associate a STBL.

When you are working in the core and referencing the control ID, remember to remove the leading zero; I've had problems compiling before when I left it in.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip experimental2.zip (4.9 KB, 1883 downloads) - View custom content
Site Helper
#67 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:30 PM
If I missed it, I'm sorry, but is there any way to have a chest mass slider for males too?

Even with out jokes about man-boobs, guys aren't all blocky - some have narrow waists and wide chests and deep chests? Some are slender through out, some are built like cylinders. Does this make sense?

Otherwise, I'm rather looking forward messing with this.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyn
If I missed it, I'm sorry, but is there any way to have a chest mass slider for males too?

Even with out jokes about man-boobs, guys aren't all blocky - some have narrow waists and wide chests and deep chests? Some are slender through out, some are built like cylinders. Does this make sense?


The waist slider already works for males. Other than that, i totally agree.
Test Subject
#69 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:34 PM
Thank you so much, and delphy too.
I can now have super model sims. tall small waist big butt an boobs.
Thanks guys.^_^.
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:42 PM
You know what - each and everyone of you are absolutely amazing - you're bringing so much joy to my gameplaying experience, I am over the moon - infact that is an understatement, words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

Had a bad spell with the update yesterday with my saved game being completely wiped out - but now I can start a whole new town/legacy with truly unique sims.

Thank you SO much, from the bottom of my heart, and I am not taking the mick here - you guys are top notch!

Forum Resident
#71 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:16 PM Last edited by AnnieBonnie : 18th Nov 2009 at 10:31 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiffty
You know what - each and everyone of you are absolutely amazing - you're bringing so much joy to my gameplaying experience, I am over the moon - infact that is an understatement, words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

Had a bad spell with the update yesterday with my saved game being completely wiped out - but now I can start a whole new town/legacy with truly unique sims.

Thank you SO much, from the bottom of my heart, and I am not taking the mick here - you guys are top notch!



I totally second that!!!

And since you guys are working with body sliders, what a bout a face slider, just like Delphy's one?
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:23 PM
Testing?
Sign Me up :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#73 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:41 PM
jonha / Rez: Wont making a new UI.dll conflict with, well, pretty much any other core mod, like AwesomeMod, etc?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:48 PM
I'm totally using this.
Thank you.
I will send feedback. :]
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:48 PM
I'm totally using this.
Thank you.
I will send feedback. :]
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7
Back to top