Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 2418 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 8:30 AM
Default Do you find yourself being less and less interested in this game?
Okay so when Sims 1 came out I was infatuated with it as I'm sure everyone was. I was also 12 though. I used to be so excited to play it everyday, but again I was 12. lol

I got Livin large, house party, and then I think my sister broke my game so eventually somehow it got uninstalled. Then I went and bought the complete collection a few years ago. Now that I think about...why didn't I just buy Sims 2? That was so stupid of me.

Anyway after I bought the complete collection I just found that it was extremely boring. Then one day I was over at my friends house and she had the sims 2 and she just gave it to me.

So then I started playing it and it was really fun at first because it was new but after a while it just seems blah. I have to go for weeks without playing it for it to even be fun again. I wish I could play it everyday.

So it seems as time goes on the sims just becomes less and less fun to me. I don't know why it is. Maybe because I'm older? I don't know. Maybe I'm just burnt out on it. I have been playing it for many many years. There is no way I could even think about playing the sims 1 again. Boring! So I don't even know if I should get 3 because I know there's a lot of new stuff I would enjoy like the personality traits, longer life span options and all that good stuff. But do I even want to get it if it will only be fun for a few weeks (if that) and then I'll just be bored with it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 8:52 AM
It depends how you play. If you do the same thing in every family, in every neighborhood, then of course it will get boring.

I go through what I call "sim binges," where I will play non-stop for a couple of weeks, but then real life will get busy or I will need to devote time to one of my other games/hobbies and I'll be away from the game for months at a time. I tend to enjoy the creation of sims and buildings a lot more than actually playing, so I understand about getting bored with the gameplay. But this is why I look at the challenge threads and have a different challenge/theme in each neighborhood... I can switch gears if I start getting bored with one style of play. Plus it gives me excuses to rebuild/redecorate in a lot of styles.

There is also an entire thread devoted to how to keep your game interesting located here
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:51 AM
Nope! I thought I got bored of Sims 2 after Sims 3 came out but I recently installed all of Sims 2 again and I am addicted once more!! I could agree with kat, and I am the same with the "sim binges"

Oh, and Im 17 so its not just the novelty of being young (12, 13)
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 12:22 PM
30-and still completely infatuated and addicted
Site Helper
#5 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 1:54 PM
I'm sure I must be older than that... I was born in 1958, but I stopped counting birthdays when I was 21, so I'm just "over 21".

But I'm still quite fond of both Sims 2 and Sims 3. (And Sims 1 if the computer that had it installed hadn't died. I play in binges as well.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 2:57 PM
I use Sims 2 as a creative outlet and the building/decorating never gets old. Sometimes I think I play my "lots", not my families. I have modern, contemporary, shabby chic, beach, Mediterranean, etc. I'm constantly surfing for good CC. I've learned to create basic CC so I can do my own art, bedding, walls/floors and recolors to match. Along with that I'm mastering Photoshop so that keeps me interested and I hope to learn to mesh. I occasionally enter a contest and the one I'm in right now is a real-life redo of a home work space. It's so cool to think someone 2000 miles away can look at my ideas and might actually use one or two. Build a new hood and make it totally urban or totally agrarian. Investigate one of the famous mods that are virtually the equivalent of an EP like ACR or simlogical's school or the one I'm going to test, Chris Hatch's hospital at BAS. Join a smaller forum where you can connect a little better with people that are interested in the same aspects of the game as you. I belong to SimsUrbania. Hope this helps!
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:09 PM
Bored? Never! For me, Pleasantview is the town that just keeps giving. Endless hours of entertainment, that is. When I tire of mucking through the Oldies's day (I play on a schedule so the NHood ages together) I go build up the "downtown". I use quotes because, although I have NL, it's not an actual downtown. It's just the general area in Pleasantview next to the community lots. So far I've built a cemetary, a restaurant, a nightclub, a diner, a sports bar, and another park. I'm building a theater and a spa now. Although I won't get back to them for a while, because I just finished the Oldies, and I find all the other families very entertaining.

“Nihil sacrum in comoedia.”
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 12:31 AM
No, not really. I am still playing up to 8 hours at times. There are so many different scenarios and things to do, I never get sick of it. However, I am not sure how I played the Sims 1 so much though. It was so boring compared to games today. I could never go back to that one.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 12:35 AM
It's already been answered: Try something new!
Do you download all your CC from one site? Pick something random from the Content List, or Google the CC if you're looking for something extra specific (I still haven't found free torture racks, dammit)
What about cheats or hacks? Try with or without them. Get some crazy hacks and make a movie! xD
Or make some freak Sims and revel in the regular Sims' acceptance!
Start a cult!
Brutally torture your Sims. WITH FIRE.

Singing in the rain! x3
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 4:34 AM
Make an atrociously evil witch, and turn people into zombies, or set them on fire

Also, I found a hack that allows non player zombies to turn other sims into zombies. If you use that, and download some weapons that can be used to kill other sims, you could make a resident evil scenario.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 4:44 AM
In general, I find that I will get completely obsessed with something, and play it constantly for a while. Then, I get bored or frustrated, and (usually) if I keep playing, I get really tired of the game and quit it. So, when I find myself starting to get bored or frustrated with the game, I take a break for a few days. Then I get back into it by trying something new, like playing a family for a few generations or playing a sim with a different aspiration.

Quote:
Make an atrociously evil witch, and turn people into zombies, or set them on fire :D

Always fun... Especially when the one on fire *just so happens* to look like someone you're mad at

.~: Rachel :~.
- RENT, Harry Potter, Wicked, Ninja-ness -
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:29 PM
I personally think TS3 feels like a spin-off. For that reason I am going to alternate playing both games, so I can do what I never did in 2, and explore 3.
Scholar
#13 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:26 PM
Every game will eventually become boring if you keep playing it in the same way over and over again. I had quit playing TS2 at a time simply because I made the mistake to play with EAxis Sims and families and not taking advantage of all the wonderful custom content fellow Simmers have created, or not using mods/hacks that take the game to a competely new dimension.

I am not a teenager either, but after all these years, TS2 still remain a great source of entertainment. Other people are constantly occupied with building and decorating, others create fantasy worlds with very special looking Sims, and others, like myself, enjoy a bit of all including the gameplay. Actually, RPGs is my cup of tea, but The Sims is probably the only simulation game I have been enjoying for so many years now. There should be a reason, I guess.

In the end of the day all depends on what you like to do with the game, your Sims, their houses and their lives.

Section jump