|Search this Thread|
|17th Nov 2009, 03:35 PM||Shipwrecked challenge #1|
Join Date: Jun 2009
This isn't really so much of a challenge, it's more of a challenge for those who need to take a break from challenges.
The story is you're shipwrecked on a tropical island, and you have to do what you can to survive. You find a small cabin with some basic furniture, and after searching for food you must for survivors.
Before you begin, set the seasons to any variation of spring and summer, or all spring, or all summer (not sure which applies more to tropical areas)
You start out by making a lot of any size (feel free to use motherlode if you need to), and once you make your lot, make a small cabin. There's no rules on the size, but try to start with a reasonable size (just big enough for you to use all your furniture comfortably. After you make your cabin, you can furnish it.
You're allowed to start with the following
1 easel (I was originally not going to allow it but this isn't supposed to be a hard challenge, so I'll allow it)
1 form of lighting (if possible use a lantern)
Once you have your cabin set up, add a fishing pond, and if you like, add some local flora for decoration (nothing that produces crops)
At the start, you cannot buy anything from buy or build mode. You have to unlock everything. (only exception is garden plots, seeds, and fertilizer)
Wooden furniture/build mode content and stone furniture/build mode content are unlocked at 3 mechanical
Plastic furniture/build mode content and lighting are unlocked at 5 mechanical. Stone furniture/build mode content has an additional requirement of 5 body
Metal furniture/build mode content and small electronics/appliances are unlocked at 7 mechanical
Everything except for servos and bots are unlocked at 9 mechanical
Servos are unlocked at generation 2 if you have 10 mechanical
All buy/build mode content (except for gardening) unlocked at 9
Until generation 2, the only things you can do are plant, fertilize, water, and tend. After generation 2, you can use any gardening tools you like.
If you become a plantsim, you can stay as a plantsim if you want, or try to get cured. Each family is limited to one plantbaby. Having a family full of plantbabies will make the challenge way too easy. (too easy to get 24/7 platinum due to spore spammage)
1) Your starting furnishings should be the cheapest of their type (although if you have any CC that fits the theme better and only gives 1-2 extra points, they're allowed)
2) All supernatural races are allowed, but don't use any cheat codes/hacked objects to make yourself into that race, and don't use any mods that raise the chances of you becoming that race.
3) Before you start playing the challenge, you MUST use familyfunds to set your money to 1.
4) You're allowed to sell any paintings you make. You can also sell anything you get from hiking, dig for treasure, fishing, etc. But try not to abuse hiking and dig for treasure.
5) All community lots must be built with your own funds (including businesses). If you like you can use familyfunds on another sim to copy your current funds, just make sure to update your main sim's funds when you're done, and when you're done building use a cheat to turn the lot to community. And the unlocking rules for your home apply for community lots. All paintings must be made by yourself, same for sculptures (think you need OFB to make sculptures, if you can't make sculptures then feel free to use whatever sculptures you like)
6) If you have OFB, you're allowed to start a business once you have at least 10 friends. You can only sell what you've unlocked though. When you have 20 friends, you can start a community business. (you can use familyfunds to give yourself enough money to buy it since you built it yourself)
7) Colleges are unlocked when the 2nd generation is born, downtown is unlocked when the third generation is born. If you like you can add a custom vacation spot. Colleges, downtown, and vacation spots must follow the rules of the challenge.
8) Once you have 30 friends and the third generation is born, you'll be able to add any vacation spot, and there are no restrictions on buying or building. Feel free to complete the challenge if you like, or continue to live on the island to develop it further.
9) If you like you can use the skilling on community lots hack. All other hacks are prohibited (unless they're only for fixing EAxis mistakes)
10) Aspiration rewards are not allowed, with the exception of renuyu senso orb.
There is no scoring system, just have fun, and when you're done building your island community make sure to post screenies