Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 24634 times. | Locked by: callistra Reason: solved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
'Sims 3 Launcher Has Stopped Working'
I have searched for answers to this but none are exactly like my problem that I have seen, others can still play the game. Basically I uninstalled Sims 3 and everything to do with it today as I wanted a clean install due to it slowing down and such. But now I have uninstalled it and re installed it a million times, each time I try to play it it tells me the launcher has stopped working and needs to close. I can't even get to play the game. I have no custom content installed or anything. My computer exceeds all the specifications and I'm running Windows 7. What can I try next please?
Desperate simmer.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:45 PM
To be honest, the launcher really isn't useful. I don't know how to make it work, but the simplest way round this issue is just to right-click your Sims 3 shortcut, hit Properties, and in the Target box replace "Sims3Launcher.exe" with "TS3.exe". That'll run the game, bypassing the launcher.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:48 PM
Thanks for your answer. I have done what you suggested and the sims start up screen flashes up then closes again so I still can't actually play the game
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 9:16 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Loading Crashes
    If your game is crashing on load, with or without an error message, or the game starts up then just disappears, then you have a loading crash.

Please see the following FAQ and go through the steps listed in order to try fixing your game: Game_Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crasheswiki.
Then you have a different problem. Try the above FAQ first, then post your Game Help:System Specswiki if you're still having trouble. :)

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 3:10 PM
Hi, again, did as you suggested but it still wouldn't work so I just deleted the whole folder, re-installed and hey presto, it's all working again. Thank you thank you!
Closed Thread

Section jump