Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:01 PM
Are tombs supposed to reset?
After installing WA I played with an ingame sim to visit China and explored a couple of tombs to get a feel for the game before sending him home and starting a new couple. The new couple wanted to visit China first so I took them there and got the same adventure from the board as I'd gotten with the first sim...the secret doors were still opened and the entire tomb was viewable, not blacked out. Shouldn't the tomb reset so each family gets to explore the tomb properly?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:05 PM
The tombs reset when you get a new quest. I guess they don't encourage mindless exploration without a quest.

So if your family goes to get a quest they can go and it'll be 100% fresh.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:08 PM
Resting tombs is really crappy. The tomb will place new treasures in it, but keystones are not taken out making you go find them again nor are secret doors closed (though I have seen from time to time the odd one is closed). This is true for both when you have not done a quest and when you have done a quest. I've had 2 different households start the same quest in Egypt, the keystones in the tomb they had to go in have never been reset.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:01 PM
In my game the tombs don't reset at all. Not with a new quest, not with a different Sim doing the quest.

All boxes are emtpy. This way I can only play each quest once with one Sim in the entire neighbourhood.

It sucks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
The tombs reset when you get a new quest. I guess they don't encourage mindless exploration without a quest.

So if your family goes to get a quest they can go and it'll be 100% fresh.

Has this actually happened for you, or is this what is SUPPOSED to happen? Because I've spoken to a few people now and no one seems to be getting their tombs reset.

Quote: Originally posted by Casanova9912
In my game the tombs don't reset at all. Not with a new quest, not with a different Sim doing the quest.

All boxes are emtpy. This way I can only play each quest once with one Sim in the entire neighbourhood.

It sucks.

Did you make sure to check every box? The few I've had to redo with a different sim, the regular treasure is mostly gone, but the item you were actually asked to retrieve is still there somewhere.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 1:46 AM
I've been playing extensively (looking for bugs) and the tombs do not reset. Bah. But hey, it's not a bug. It's a FEATURE!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Banned
#7 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
Has this actually happened for you, or is this what is SUPPOSED to happen? Because I've spoken to a few people now and no one seems to be getting their tombs reset.

I don't have the expansion.

But I know that when another sim takes a quest involving the tomb, it is supposed to reset everything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 4:08 AM
YAY for the new features
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 4:08 AM
I decided to test this out and sent a different sim to egypt, where a previous sim just returned from. I had my sim check the adventure board and got the same quest/adventure as the previous, and was sent to go through the first little tomb

The tomb was blacked out, as if it was undiscovered (obvisouly it was to my sim never being there before) but all the doors, triggers, hidden stairs, keystones and whatnot did not reset. Treasure boxes reset to have treasure in them again, but that was it. All my sim had to do was walk through to the last chest to complete the quest

I really do hope this is a bug, cause if they don't reset, then I think WA is a waste of time and is only good for 1 play through
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 4:20 AM
So far my tombs have all reset... knock on wood 3 times!!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 4:40 AM
Spryte, when you say reset does that include doors that require keystones need those stones again?
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop

Did you make sure to check every box? The few I've had to redo with a different sim, the regular treasure is mostly gone, but the item you were actually asked to retrieve is still there somewhere.

Yes, I checked, they are all just empty. The helping dust did not show anything either. No new treasures spawned.

Debug reset lot does nothing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 10:06 AM
The Sims games have always had a very good re-playability. And if not resetting tombs are a feature, then it's very very bad, because all the tombs can be explored only once and with other sims (the next generation, for example) you're unable to solve puzzles again.
I do really hope that this is a bug and they'll fix it in the next patch.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:46 AM
The only thing that really bugs me about the tombs not reseting is the visas for further generations. The big adventures that have several parts let you max out your visa in three or four trips. Future generations are forced to find Rufus a date 50 times in a row getting only 15 points a pop. It is tedious, and borring. I like WA, but making my sims do stupid mini "adventures" over and over again just to get a decient vacation is stupid! It takes forever for them to get a high enough visa level to enjoy the vacation home that grandma got.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Spryte, when you say reset does that include doors that require keystones need those stones again?

In my game all the tombs I've visited have reset. So far only the doors that require keystones you can find in the room (or closeby) have reset. And those keystones were all there again. All of the other doors were still open. Hopefully you'll have the same experience!
Scholar
#16 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 7:20 PM
How I "reset" the tombs:

1. Copy the original un-tampered tomb to the Lot Catalog
2. After an adventure, scoop up the explored tomb and put the original in it's place

Only way I know of to reset the tombs.....
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 7:23 PM
Do the adventures reset when you do that?
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:09 PM
Nope. Just the state of the tomb itself.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Nope. Just the state of the tomb itself.

I'm wondering if the mummies are there only once, if they need resetting as you have done by replacing the lot?

If anyone's interested I've reset the Adventures, removing the once per household lock; any sim can do the Adventures forever. Mod is at the site in my sig.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#20 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I'm wondering if the mummies are there only once, if they need resetting as you have done by replacing the lot?

If anyone's interested I've reset the Adventures, removing the once per household lock; any sim can do the Adventures forever. Mod is at the site in my sig.

The mummies do return to their sarcophagus, as that appears to be a spawning unit. I would like to check out this mod of yours.....
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:24 PM
This is one thing that doesn't make sense about WA. Why would a game that requires you to go on "adventrues" to get higher visa levels, only let you go through the ones that give you decent visa points one time? Once you do all the big adventures for a household you are forced to do the same mini adventures over and over agian. I had one second generation sim in france get the find me a date, and get me a bottle of nector adventures over and over again. Of coarse they run everywhere they go, thus using a ton of energy. For only 15 visa points a pop she is just now at visa level two after three trips!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#22 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chellemh
Of coarse they run everywhere they go, thus using a ton of energy. For only 15 visa points a pop she is just now at visa level two after three trips!
Running doesn't cost energy. In fact, running is the only way to GET anywhere because the roadnets of the area are so AWFUL. You probably need to deploy a teleporter somewhere, as it is impossible to actually drive there so it takes a 2 hour run to get anywhere.

As for tombs resetting, my experience is that they do reset if you receive a quest to go there, but only partially. Secret doors remain open, although if you want to be tidy, you could always have your sims CLOSE them before they leave...but honestly, are they really secret anymore if you, the player, have already been there? It sounds to me that you need to use those open lots to place player-made tombs, and once you've pillaged them, bulldoze them and replace them with a new tomb you got from someone, if you want a new tomb you haven't seen.

Besides, the difficulty level on these things is insulting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Running doesn't cost energy. In fact, running is the only way to GET anywhere because the roadnets of the area are so AWFUL. You probably need to deploy a teleporter somewhere, as it is impossible to actually drive there so it takes a 2 hour run to get anywhere.

As for tombs resetting, my experience is that they do reset if you receive a quest to go there, but only partially. Secret doors remain open, although if you want to be tidy, you could always have your sims CLOSE them before they leave...but honestly, are they really secret anymore if you, the player, have already been there? It sounds to me that you need to use those open lots to place player-made tombs, and once you've pillaged them, bulldoze them and replace them with a new tomb you got from someone, if you want a new tomb you haven't seen.

Running is most definitely the best mode of transport, and even it is lacking!! It took my sim over 3 hours to get from point A to point B, and he was running, and using the scooter, can't imagine if he was only walking!!

I just cheat and "teleport here" ...

ETA .... IA on the difficulty on the "puzzles".
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado

Running may not cost energy, but it costs time, which in turn costs energy. Would it kill them to put an atv in the game.

Your right the tombs are way to easy. But the tombs not reseting includes the adventures that go with them not reseting also. WA is lacking horribly in the adventures department, so once the tombs have been done by generation one, generation two and three are reduced to collecting copper, and finding dates to get visa points. The game requires that you go on adventures to get the dang visa points, so you have to do them, and it takes forever to raise the visa levels doing the little adventures. That is my issue with it.

As far as tomb building goes, I have been trying it out. A "friend" and I exchanged tombs this weekend...may I advise you never take a sim you like through a "friend's" homemade tomb.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#25 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:29 PM
Running may not cost energy, but it costs time, which in turn costs energy. Would it kill them to put an atv in the game.
Well, the fact that there is a great deal of slow-movement and roadnets that don't connect in vacationland is a major timecost. The wife has also commented that sims take the most ridiculous routes to go through things. But then, the wife is a very direct person and considers anything less than 20 feet tall with or with a slope of less than 90 degrees to be a non-obstacle You should see her navigate a parking garage. I would do that, except that I prefer to avoid being sued for crushing peoples' car roofs.

Your right the tombs are way to easy. But the tombs not reseting includes the adventures that go with them not reseting also.
No, the adventures reset. Treasure will respawn in the chests and allow you to loot the critical quest items you need when you receive an adventure. However, the adventures are keyed to once-per-household, so you will have to disband and reform the household by splitting it in order to repeat an adventure for subsequent generations of a fambly. Other famblies can receive those quests, but the tomb will be in "disturbed" state, meaning if you opened all the secret doors and pushed all the statues around, they remain pushed around and opened. Of course, you could be a considerate tourist and put everything BACK before you leave, but honestly, is repeating the same puzzles really fun?

As far as tomb building goes, I have been trying it out. A "friend" and I exchanged tombs this weekend...may I advise you never take a sim you like through a "friend's" homemade tomb.
Besides, I survived the Tomb of Horrors (and all I got was this lousy shirt). Nothing that can be had in an EA game fazes me in the slightest.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Page 1 of 3