Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Andorian / Aenar Hybrid Skintones

by puppetfish Posted 23rd Nov 2009 at 9:10 PM - Updated 29th Jan 2015 at 2:08 AM by puppetfish

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 10:14 PM
Nice skintones, but just what is an Andorian / Aenar?
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 11:01 PM
Yay, you've uploaded them here as well! I loved them at SimTrek, so of course I'm loving them here, too. And I'm going to make you those antennae recols any time before 2011, I promise!

raynuss, Andorians and Aenar are aliens from Star Trek - go here to learn everything about them.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 12:04 AM
I love that idea of the skin molting through age.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:26 AM
I love the way you solved the color problem. You made it such a natural process. It makes total sense.

If we people could get it through our thick skulls that we are all one race (human), despite what colors we ended up, then the world would sure be a better place. Even sheep and cows understand it better than we do! lol Maybe we need aliens to arrive to figure it out. You could call in YOURS

Thanks for your hard work on this project. Maybe world peace is the next project you take on? lol
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 7:08 AM
Fabulous wok as usual. You will be seeing these on my Sims.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 4:31 PM
Thanks guys!

It always confused me as to how a white alien could marry a blue alien and their children turn out green? And then we never saw any green adults!

And I love combining skintones, as I've done with my Hirodassian Skintone, which combines the Hirogen and Cardassian together! And, with their daughter marrying a Bolian, I am all ready planning on what their children will look like. LOL

Raynuss - there's actually people out there who aren't familiar with Star Trek Aliens!!! LOL gasp! Please hop over to my site, Sim Trek 2 Boldy Go, and we will be glad to educate you!!

NixNivis - I can always count on you! and I'm not in much of a hurry, well, hmmmm, to get those recolors.

Taure - Thanks!

dinkytink - LOL I don't know about world peace, LOL, but thanks for the vote of confidence!

LinusLover - :lovestruc I can hardly wait to see them!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 8:10 PM
This would be way neat if it were an alien default.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:01 PM
These are soooooo cool! I loved the episodes of "Enterprise" with the Andorians...great story line. Too bad they couldn't run for another few years : (
You are one of my favorite creators, and I'm glad you are still in the groove. I'm glad to get these to flesh out my Star Trek themes....( small shout out to JasonD!!) Still hoping to score some magnificent Klingonsims eventually..LOL
Thank you so much for sharing....you rock!!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 3:15 AM
This has to be, bar none, THE COOLEST skinset I've ever seen! Thanks for the hard work, Puppetfish!!

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 11:06 PM
Awesome skintones, I've always wondered the same of the Andorians. Brlliantly worked out :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:33 AM
OH MY GOSH THESE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! I am a total treky, and these are a must have! Thank you so much!

[B] Regards,

T.L.L.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 7:33 PM
These are so neat! Great job! I have a question though, does the molting actually work? I'm just confused, because I uploaded the skins and when my couple had a baby it just came out blue...maybe I uploaded it wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Breamarie91
These are so neat! Great job! I have a question though, does the molting actually work? I'm just confused, because I uploaded the skins and when my couple had a baby it just came out blue...maybe I uploaded it wrong?

HI! No, nothing's wrong! The infants are solid colored, they'll start molting when they turn toddler.

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th May 2010 at 7:33 PM Last edited by cybergrrl : 9th May 2010 at 7:36 PM. Reason: adding something
oh. my. god.

i am not a trekky in particular, but i looooove the scifi theme in sims with the pregnant men, abductions and all this weird stuff i always thought they should develop that more! and i have been using some kind of andorian blue skin tone almost from the beginning of playing sims 2. i dont know if it was yours. my main - you might call it legacy - family was the Boogaloo family, all blue as can be (except for the green alien baby ) i have since lost that neighbourhood due to corrupted save but oh the fond memories... and i have used the blue skin tone in every single neighbourhood i ever made.

and now this! added new colour but with antennas matching! and even mixed children! i am actually bouncing up and down right now :-D

thank you sooo much! i was looking for some sims inspiration recently - the game kind of lost its attraction... but this! thanks again, i guess i will now be hooked for a while...

----

edit:
i must agree that to have the blue or white skin as default alien replacement would be AWESOME. can it be done? maybe i should try... but this is probably not a task for beginners
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th May 2010 at 3:58 PM
erm, i forgot to ask about the antennas. will they be available at some point in the future?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2010 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cybergrrl
erm, i forgot to ask about the antennas. will they be available at some point in the future?

Oh my! I totally forgot to update this thread! LOL Thank you for reminding me!

I've added the link to where you can download them on the overview page, but for convience, I'll add it here:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/SimTrek__2...opic/2538746/1/

It's at the very bottom of the post.

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th May 2010 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puppetfish
Oh my! I totally forgot to update this thread! LOL Thank you for reminding me!

I've added the link to where you can download them on the overview page, ...

It's at the very bottom of the post.

oops, sorry, i didnt see that! and i think of myself as perceptive
this will teach me to be patient with others when they ask obvious questions - LOL thanks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:06 AM
Woohoo!
I was the 100th person to thank you!

This is about the 3rd time I have downloaded these, I just restarted my game and couldnt bare not having my Alien(Not always andorians/Aenar) sims!

Occasional Builder, Full time player. Check out my Let's Plays here!
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:16 PM
Thank you for sharing these beautiful skintones!! I was watching this one with the andorians on the other day!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
Great! Now I just need a green-to-yellow hybrid skin...

Maximus Laboratories: We do what must because we can.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 2:21 AM
absolutely brilliant
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 9:06 PM
EPIC!!! no really it's awsome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 10:24 PM
Thanks this is awesome!! and by far the most authentic looking Aenar/Andorian skintones
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 10:43 PM
OUTSTANDING! Now if we could only get them for the Sims 3...
Page 1 of 2