Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 4243 times. | Locked by: callistra Reason: solved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 6:15 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Nov 2009 at 2:15 AM. Reason: Edited title to indicate solvedness of problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default My neighborhood is empty of sims! No premade families in my game [Solved]
So, last night I uninstalled my TS3 game after having issues with the 1.7 patch. I then installed the game again, installed patches up to 1.4 where the game originally was, and created a new neighborhood and there were no sims in that new neighborhood whatsoever. The houses are all empty. Newly created sims cannot move into those houses where premade sims originally lived.
I couldn't find anything about this anywhere on here, so if it's already been asked or something I apologize. If anyone can help explain why this is happening or what I can do, that would be most appreciated.

Edit: November 27th: I changed this title of this thread frm "Start up neighborhood is completely vacant." to "My neighborhood is empty of sims! No premade families in my game." to be more specific about my issue and maybe get some help. =/

Reach out our hands, hold onto hers.
But when we wake, it's all been erased.
And so it seems, only in dreams.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
27th Nov 2009 at 3:04 PM
This message has been deleted by callistra. Reason: it's not okay to bump your post. You're just going to need to be patient and wait for a reply
Advertisement
shiny!
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 3:23 PM
Try reinstalling this way:

Quote:
1) Go to My Documents and cut/paste your user files from C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ to your Desktop. (This is where your saved game data is so if you don't want to lose it make a backup first)
Also, back up your cc from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods'

2) Uninstall the base game (and expansion if you have it) from Add/Remove Programs. Then restart your computer.

3) Manually delete the entire 'The Sims 3' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' (you should have backed up your cc in step 1) (and 'The Sims 3 World Adventure' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures' if you have the expansion)

4) Download and install this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Use the registry cleaner. When it prompts you make a backup of the files you are removing

5) Restart your computer, then try to reinstall just the base game try to play the game. Don't patch it the first time. See if it works. If it works then you can experiment with patches and if you have the expansion (newest is 1.7)

6) If it still works, you can try adding back in your user files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 4:23 PM
I just did all the steps you listed and they didn't work, but thank you for responding.

shiny!
#4 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 4:30 PM
If that doesn't work then there's either something wrong with your discs or your computer.

Please post specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:System_Specs

For disc problems:http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Install
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:04 PM
Quick summary:

==System==
* Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)
* System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
* System Model: Satellite L305
* Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
* Memory: 3964MB RAM
* Page File: 1738637 used, 6386 available
* DirectX Version: DirectX 10

==Display==
* Name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
* Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
* Chip Type: Mobil Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
* Approx. Total 1759 MB

* Main Driver:igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll
* Version: 7.15.0010.1502 (English)

==Sound==
* Name: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

There is nothing on the disc to indicate it is the issue, it has been cleaned and there are no visible scratches or anything. The driver is working fine. I do have access to two other discs [my sister's and my best friend's] of this game if my disc really appears to be the issue that I can try.
If I need to provide more information about my system, please let me know.

shiny!
#6 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:29 PM
Your computer meets bare minimum requirements by the skin of its teeth.. barely.

I've thought it over and discussed it with other staff and we can't think of any way your computer will cause an empty neighborhood. So, if you're sure you went through all the installation steps above then there has to be something wrong with your discs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Del!ght : 27th Nov 2009 at 9:51 PM.
I just did the same steps above using my sister's disc and it also did not work. I even made screenshots of all the steps I took to show that I followed the steps accurately and I can send them to you if you want. However, I think I will just restore the families I have already made and not create anymore neighborhoods because the neighborhoods I created before I installed the patch are working normally. I am just concerned that playing a game in this state will cause further issues.

Edit: I found a fix to this. I just updated back to 1.7, moved a sim family into an empty home, visited a few neighbors, did not save the neighborhood, and then made a new one and the other sims were there! I'm unsure if the patch had anything to do with it or just making sims walk around in the game, but it worked!

shiny!
#8 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:53 AM
Strange.. glad you got it fixed
Closed Thread

Section jump