Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 7394 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Download and DC Backup folders
If I move/remove all the items in my Downloads folder as well as the DCBackup folder will I need to put them back into the folders before installing any new patches, updates, expansion packs or stuff packs that I want to install? I ask because I always move all of these files/items to an external drive to save space after installing CC into my game. When I installed the latest patch/updates and then the World Adventures expansion and updates and patches I didn't have anything in either folder and all of my CC was not in my game. Did I need to put everything back into these two folders before installing new updates, patches, expansions or stuff packs created by EA? Thanks for any feedback to this question.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:34 AM
No, its fine.
The only thing to remember is if you want to uninstall a particular item, it must go back in the downloads folder, so you can select it for uninstallation from the launcher.

TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 6:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
No, its fine.
The only thing to remember is if you want to uninstall a particular item, it must go back in the downloads folder, so you can select it for uninstallation from the launcher.

Thank you

Do you have any idea why all of my CC was not in my game after installing the updates, patches and expansion pack?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 7:29 AM
Those folders dont contain the actual data. Empty or full.
The place the Launcher puts them is in DCCache folder.
Something must have happened to that file inside DCCache.

Does anything show up under 'installed content' in the launcher?

Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 7:46 AM
Quote:
Those folders dont contain the actual data. Empty or full.
The place the Launcher puts them is in DCCache folder.
Something must have happened to that file inside DCCache.

Does anything show up under 'installed content' in the launcher?

Whenever I install CC with the launcher I move everything from the Downloads folder and the DCBackup folder to my external drive. When I installed WA I didn't put the files back into the DCBackup folder prior to installing WA. Is this not what the problem was? So the launcher puts all CC into the DCCashe folder and not the DCBackup folder?

The only thing in the "installed content" of the launcher was all the new stuff from WA.

I have had to reinstall everything and don't want to have to do this again the next time something new is released.

I am sorry that I am not understanding this to well.

Thank you for trying to help me to understand this.

Please
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
26th Nov 2009 at 5:06 PM
This message has been deleted by tizerist. Reason: doublep[ost
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianalynn43
Whenever I install CC with the launcher I move everything from the Downloads folder and the DCBackup folder to my external drive.

Not neccesary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianalynn43
Is this not what the problem was? So the launcher puts all CC into the DCCashe folder and not the DCBackup folder?

Its puts in both, but one is the actual data, and one is just a back-up copy.

I suspect you've been moving / deleting folders without knowing what might happen.

The dcdb0 file inside DCCache contains the real installed content information.
If you remove that, then the content won't show up. How big is it?
The other folders can be cleansed or moved at any time, with no ill effect.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Not neccesary.
Its puts in both, but one is the actual data, and one is just a back-up copy.

I suspect you've been moving / deleting folders without knowing what might happen.

The dcdb0 file inside DCCache contains the real installed content information.
If you remove that, then the content won't show up. How big is it?
The other folders can be cleansed or moved at any time, with no ill effect.

Hi Tizerist, Thanks for clearing this up for me. That is one folder (DCCashe) that I haven't/don't mess with (yet ). After reinstalling all CC again it has a size of 378mb's. The total size of the folder is 902mb's. So I have no clue as to how everything just up and disappeared on me. Oh well, I suppose!

Section jump