Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 11:29 AM Last edited by hege23 : 3rd Dec 2009 at 2:19 PM. Reason: To inform more people
Default Large Display case can make new gems
i just got back from vaca from Egypt .My sim had been there twice now and had all sorts of jewls in her invantory.I decided i wanted them on display.So i manage to arrange them in an appealing fashion.Then by accident i clicked on the display case "the big one" , and it says something about activate irriversable configuration or something like that.Being curious i decided to see what this was.The case started shaking and there was lightning and all the sudden the shelves flip below the display case and a message told me i had created a large turqois skull jewl. I guess it melted it al together and made something new. I was wondering if anyone had seen this yet? I tried it with a complete set of the canobic jars and a few vase's and it turned into a bright gree insignia that every few seconds little bursts of green light bust off.Didn't no you could do that , and i thought i would share the info. What a space saver though. lol
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 11:32 AM
O_o... well, I saw skull jewel cuts in the XML files but never saw where one could access them... As for the jars, it sounds like it turned into Tiberium in a spire cut... those things can be VERY valuable.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 11:33 AM
Oh yeah my bad. Thats what it said Tiberium.lol It just shocked me when it happend and i went right here to post it.Wonder what else it can make.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 11:35 AM Last edited by hege23 : 26th Nov 2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: wanted to post picture
Oh and i imagine it turned turqois because that was the main jewls that i had.
By the way.Here are pics in incoreect order.Sorry about that. i just figured out how to share photos.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 12:40 PM
OMG!!! The green thing grew.I pspent the day fideling with the garden and when she came back it was much bigger , and says there could be side effects.
Theorist
#6 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:50 PM
You can also make a large solid mercury ingot by putting 8 mercury vials on that display. Just found out yesterday And large version of gems and metal ingots too Too bad putting some magic gnomes and gold ingots together on there doesn't produce a golden gnome...
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 6:22 PM
that looks cool...i haven't seen that in my game yet...!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 6:32 AM
[QUOTE=treeag]You can also make a large solid mercury ingot by putting 8 mercury vials on that display. Just found out yesterday And large version of gems and metal ingots too Too bad putting some magic gnomes and gold ingots together on there doesn't produce a golden gnome...[/QUOTE
]
That would be cool. By the way , does anyone no how often the magic gnomes move? I have the one that looks like Napoleon and have not seen it move yet.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 7:23 AM
I used 2 rainbow gems, a luminescent one, a diamond, turquoise, ruby, alabaster, and quartz, and it came out with an uncut 'soulpeace', which the description says something about 'rumored to cure curses and spells'. No skull though. I did manage to duplicate the spire cut tiberium, but after i placed it on another diplay case i can't move it again.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:29 PM
Wow, first I even heard of this. I had no idea that display case could do that. As for the tiberium, it'll grow usually within 1-2 sim days increasing it's vaule around 35k. If you keep it in your sims inventory, they'll also get sick

35k is alot, but at the same time, they're so cool looking I don't really want to sell them XD

How much are the crystal skulls worth? I wonder if they come in different colors too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 3:41 AM Last edited by hege23 : 29th Nov 2009 at 3:43 AM. Reason: more info
Quote: Originally posted by Akadai
Wow, first I even heard of this. I had no idea that display case could do that. As for the tiberium, it'll grow usually within 1-2 sim days increasing it's vaule around 35k. If you keep it in your sims inventory, they'll also get sick

35k is alot, but at the same time, they're so cool looking I don't really want to sell them XD

How much are the crystal skulls worth? I wonder if they come in different colors too

i didn't sell mine. i put it on display and now it's at 40,0000, or maybe it was 48. When i first got the change it was so small and happend so fast i wasn't sure what was going onI thought it turned into a green arrow and dissappeared.The Tiberium i think i made mostly with the canobic jars and a few gems but i don't remember which ones.The skull was mostly turquois , and a few other gems. i thought i had a before ahnd pic so i could tell you , but i didn't.The latest one i made was a huge emerald cut diamond. It had a few emaralds in it but mostly diamonds. I did find a pic of that one.It had two emeralds, two toaz, one smokey quartz and three diamonds.

the finale product

the skull was worth around 400$
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Akadai

Yes they do come in different colors, I have a diamond, rainbow, and alabaster cut skull. I tried a few combination of gems/metals, metals/jars, etc .... he got alot of magic gnomes so far.

Thanks the the OP, I had no idea that you could do this, my sim has lots of gems laying around.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:19 AM
Ok, stupid question... How did you all get those fancy cushions under the stones? I've tried this and my gems are just laying there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:52 AM
you just click on the gem and it ask if you want to change the display.You get the option of a pillow or a stand.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 3:23 AM
I built a museum in my neighborhood that I have my sims donate their gems, metals, butterflies and relics too. So every sim can see them
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 4:14 AM
happyjme, that is a great idea! I just put all of my relics, etc. in a chest and am not really showing them off. I think I'm going to do what you did, too, and build a museum.
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 4:26 AM
I put 1 bar each of smelted Iron, Mercury, Mummitorium (sp?), silver, gold, copper, platinum, and palladium, and they fused together into one bar of metal called Novinium or something like that... worth $8000.

I'll check the exact spellings when my Sim gets back from France.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 7:19 AM
I had a display with a heart cut of each of the gems available in the original Sims 3 and they turned into a giant heart cut pink diamond.
Scholar
#19 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:47 AM
Oh dear, I've been selling all the stuff he finds
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hege23
I clicked on the display case "the big one"

What is the display case? I can't find anything in the catalogs except a stand, like a half pillar...:0
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:07 PM
Ive recieved an cristal look stone wich is worth 35.000 simeleons, just by adding a lot of egyptian stuff (head statues and organ-vases)

nice for selling!

"the more you judge , the less you love"
' wie mier se oordeils,deste minder se hils '
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:16 PM
I have a couple who have a career in adventuring. They have loads of relics and gems from their travels. I will have to try that gem combining thing later.
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 2:23 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Dec 2009 at 4:22 AM.
They totally got this idea from the "Horadric Cube", in Diablo 2 Very neat, I hadn't seen this, will have to try it. I've been selling all my gems and miscellaneous relics too, because my sims are also supporting themselves adventuring... sure beats working for a living! Won't be selling em any more though :O

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
What is the display case? I can't find anything in the catalogs except a stand, like a half pillar...:0

The Carter series of display cases have glass that can be toggled on and off. The displays have their own (new) tab; it's in "Surfaces" (table icon) in the function sort.

Edit: Been playing with this -- got a Large Skull Cut Emerald (four emeralds of various cuts and misc other gems) and two uncut Soulpeace Gems (miscellaneous trash, including copper bars as well as gems). This is very fun and not well-known, apparently -- the OP might want to consider changing the thread title so more people hear about it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:57 AM
Thats a cool idea about making a museum.
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:47 AM
Some more results: those large soulpeace gems, when heart-cut, came out to almost 20k each :O Transmuting costs $500 and the heart cut costs $1000, but that was still a massive profit.

8 platinum bars at about $200 each came out to a large platinum bar worth just over 1k, not worth it.

Two gold bars with mixed gems gave me a pile of ancient coins.
Page 1 of 7