Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 7:59 PM
Default Can't register MilkShape 3D
I've purchased the MilkShape 3D registration, and for the life of me, it will not recognize that I've registered. I tried unistalling and re-installing and it still doesn't register. Help!

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 8:06 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 8:07 PM
Oh thank you! I will go and look for that right now.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:30 PM
Not sure about the registry edit, never had to do that.

Quote:
To install the code, please choose the menu 'Help|About' and press the 'Register' button. Copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) both the name and 3 code parts (without the brackets) into the appropriate editboxes, so that it looks like:

[XXXXXX]
[XXXXX]-[XXXXXX]-[XXXXXXX]

If you enter the code after MilkShape 3D has expired, then let MilkShape 3D close, restart it, click the 2 minutes warning away and wait 2-3 minutes. Then close MilkShape 3D again and it is registered.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:50 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 5:04 AM
Oh thanks! Haha. I'll try that!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:14 AM
So since you guys said something about the registration through the about menu, it hasn't worked once. I looked at some other forums that had people having the same problem, where it would say "registered milkshape 3D" but it still does the pop up thing and won't let me save. I've tried to register at least 20 times, restarted, waited the 2-5 minutes... everything. So I assume I should just contact the maker of Milkshape them?

Alchemist
#8 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 1:03 AM
Yes, the only official support source for that would be Chumbalum Software.

A frequent issue I see is people not copying and pasting, and having an invalid entry because of that. The other thing is that your name and the key are matched... that is, the key was made to match the name you used when you sent in your registration. If the name you bought it with was Kathy, but you are using Kate in the register dialog, it won't work.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:04 AM
Okay I'll try again. Thanks Wes.