Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Pregnancy Chime and No Woohoo Harp Sound

by jonha Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:35 PM - Updated 22nd Nov 2010 at 5:29 PM by jonha

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:37 PM
Thank you so much! I like to be surprised so I usually just turned my sound off, this is much more effective.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:57 PM
O....M.....G...!!! ....have I died and gone to heaven? Thank you so much!! What can I get you for Christmas?

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:08 AM
Thanks! I know a lot of people will be excited about this!
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 4:41 AM
I do like the element of surprise...yay...thank you very much for sharing your mod!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:20 AM
er, the thing is with ts3, there's no way you'll find out if your sim is getting pregnant, until you get the nausea moodlet or something, because the 'try for baby' interaction will still be there even after you get the sound.

i had problems with my computer speaker the other day and i made my sims try for baby until their needs were both so red, because i so badly want a baby at that time. (and now they have 5, 3 of them are triplets. yay me.)

just sharing though, but this is certainly not for me
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by izzahsyahmina
er, the thing is with ts3, there's no way you'll find out if your sim is getting pregnant, until you get the nausea moodlet or something, because the 'try for baby' interaction will still be there even after you get the sound.

Right. And with this mod, you don't know, if your sim is pregnant until they get nausea. That's why I made it. It's unrealistic, that you know that you are pregnant directly after sleeping together.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 5:04 PM
Yesssssssirs!
I have been longing for this moment to come! Thank you, more than you can ever imagine, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 7:19 PM
I have been waiting for this!! Thank you!!

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 6:01 PM
Yesssssss! Now I don't have to turn off my sound every time I have my sims try for a baby! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 1:34 AM
yay thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 12:43 PM
THANQ A LOTTTTTT... I was thinking about this yesterday.. I wanne be surprised just like in real life :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 2:39 PM
Just what I like for my sims; realism. Thank you for sharing this
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:01 AM
Sweet! I've been wanting this for my game, love it! Thanks for sharing. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 5:30 AM
is this compatable with the teen pregnancy mod?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenCrack
is this compatable with the teen pregnancy mod?

It's changing only one sound definition, so it should be.
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 4:20 PM
This has got to be one of my favorite mods!

Please, could you make "no harps & confetti on WooHoo/TryForBaby" to go with it?

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:01 PM Last edited by jonha : 12th Dec 2009 at 12:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
Please, could you make "no harps & confetti on WooHoo/TryForBaby" to go with it?

Yes, this annoys me, too. It seems to be more difficult than to just replace one sound file, but I will look into it.

Edit: Confetti removed, I will upload it soon. No idea where the harps sound is located, there seem to be many canditates.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 5:48 AM
This works exactly as advertised. Nice mod!
Inventor
#20 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:00 PM
Will this work with patch 1.4.6 or just the 1.6.6/1.7.9 and or WA ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Will this work with patch 1.4.6 or just the 1.6.6/1.7.9 and or WA ?

It works with every version and will work with all future updates and EPs unless EA is doing a really large code rework on the try for baby interaction, which seems to be unlikely.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
No Confetti mod here.

I wasn't able to locate the harp sound yet.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NoWoohooConfetti.zip (546 Bytes, 192 downloads)
Description: No Confetti
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:01 AM
Thank you so much! I was so bored of expecting my sims to get pregnant... Yay! No more pregnancy chime! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:09 AM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:27 PM
Thank you so much! I hated it when I'd make a Story for one of my Sim's, and that it was supposed to SURPRISE HER, and then Boom, Baby is here! Thank you so much! thank you thank you thank you thank!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Page 1 of 3