Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 11689 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 10:31 PM
Default Can you change martial arts outfits?
My evil overlord has started doing karate, and his outfit includes glasses and wacky socks. I can't change it with the dresser... is there any other way of changing it? He doesn't seem like a rainbow-sock kind of sim.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 10:42 PM
Maybe but...
Actually, I noticed that dressers, mirrors, and CAS do NOT like Martial Arts outfits. Maybe I just have a glitch but I can't really access anything when wearing them.

Anyways, as always you could try Awesomemod or Supercomputer which allow you to go back into CAS. Or maybe 'testingcheatsenabled'?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 10:47 PM
Supercomputer doesn't do it either, because it's not available in CAS. Awesome I haven't tried, but I am guessing it would be the same.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubella
Supercomputer doesn't do it either, because it's not available in CAS. Awesome I haven't tried, but I am guessing it would be the same.

If there would be a way to just delete all martial arts outfits, that would probably solve the problem. If there are no outfits the sim would just stay in the outfit he currently wears (as in the beginnig if he has no skill)

Also if your sim is burned he does not don his outfit, too :P

So basically a delete martial arts outfits mod would do the trick.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:46 AM
Except Martial Arts outfits are like Career outfits.

You have no access to then by normal means, also accessories are also supposed to be removed when a Sim changes to one.

Wearing socks should not happen ... glasses, maybe (I am unsure if glasses are removed or not in career outfits) but normally they should be wearing ONLY the martial arts outfit without ANY accessory.

Also as they ARE just like career outfits YOU CANNOT DELETE THEN, even editing then in CAS is not recommended and the Sim will get a new outfit every time the Sim "gains a new belt" (meaning gained a skill point) so even if you change one (and potentially screw up your entire game) you will not change the other nine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 5:21 AM
It appears to randomly select accessories the sim didn't otherwise have, so I am guessing it's unintentional.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:20 PM
I noticed one of my sims wears socks with his martial arts gi. I was able to get him into CAS while in his gi using editsim with AwesomeMod, but I wasn't sure what would happen if I removed the socks, so I just exited without changing anything.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 5:12 PM
My sim just wears the accessories she wore just before she gained the skillpoint, to avoid strange accessories with the martial arts outfit you can make an everyday outfit without any accessories at all and have them change into that before training. It's a hassle, but it's the best I have to offer.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 6:06 PM
my sim has the same issue...high heels and glitter goth gloves with the martial arts outfit. maybe if I changed the everyday outfit to barefoot and no gloves?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubella
Supercomputer doesn't do it either, because it's not available in CAS.

SuperComputer has now been updated to handle both Career and Martial Arts outfits.

Switch your sim into the outfit and simply use the "Sim \ Dresser" interaction. The outfit will be listed under the "Everyday" temporarily.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twallan
SuperComputer has now been updated to handle both Career and Martial Arts outfits.

Switch your sim into the outfit and simply use the "Sim \ Dresser" interaction. The outfit will be listed under the "Everyday" temporarily.

Cheers.

You rock so hard
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 3:24 PM
AwesomeMod now includes a fancy schmancy way of handling all special outfits. However, it is probably not as easy to use as the Twallanian as I made it several days ago for personal use and only got around to making it shiny and mostly idiot-proof now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alchemist
#13 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson
So basically a delete martial arts outfits mod would do the trick.

Yeah, kinda like this:

And this:

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 12:13 AM
How'd you do that Shimrod?!
Alchemist
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:32 AM
It's a mod, available at the site in my sig.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/

Section jump