Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 4:05 PM
Because for making this boots I join the skirt mesh...you think that is not possible?
I download the latest version of Wes's Milkshape plugins, but steel have the same problem, but in Milkshape the vertice are LOD1 594, LOD2 388, LOD3 223.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:08 PM
Maybe the vertex numbering problem is because you've joined a bottom mesh (starting with 15000) and a shoes mesh (starting with 30000)? The vertices really have to be renumbered and you have to use the correct starting point - if these are shoes, start with 30000 or it'll conflict with the bottom mesh.
Theorist
#28 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:15 PM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:33 PM
Try Wes's Autonumber plugin.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:00 AM
Okay, I've taken a closer look at your mesh and the problem is definitely that you combined part of a bottom mesh with a shoes mesh and didn't renumber - the vertices start with the 15000 range and then jump to the 30000 range.

Here's how to renumber:

Import lod1 of the base mesh and lod1 of your morph
Under Vertex in the menu bar, click on Sims3 VertexID Autonum V0.16 - by Wesley Howe
It'll ask for a starting number. Since this is shoes and shoes should start with 30000, type 30000
The Autonum will renumber the base mesh and the morph, and pop up a notice telling you how many vertices it renumbered and what the next start value should be. Write that start number down.
Export both your base mesh and the morph. It would be a good idea to save them as new files - add a "_renum" or something to the names.
Now start a new model and import your lod2 base mesh and morph. Repeat the whole process, but this time put the starting value Autonum gave you when you renumbered lod1.
Repeat again for lod3, using the starting value you got after lod2.

Now you should have a set of renumbered base meshes and morphs, with the vertex IDs starting at 30000 for lod1, and continuing without a break and without overlap through lod2 and lod3.

Then you can create a new BGEO with the renumbered morph meshes, and you should replace the base meshes in your clothing package with the renumbered base meshes. Hopefully this will work. Let me know!

BTW from Wes's instructions if you need to renumber with more than one morph, you just import all of them over the base and Autonum will renumber them all at once.
Theorist
#31 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:22 AM
Thanks! I'm going to try that!
Theorist
#32 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 6:33 PM
Don't work This is strange because I made it 2 time and now don't work...
Can you please see what I'm doing wrong?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HighBoots.rar (201.3 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 2:54 AM
The BGEO looks fine - do you mean that the top part of the boot isn't getting fat with the fat morph?

One thing I see is that you're using the same bblend which links to an original game BGEO - the one for the pleated skirt fat morph. You've given your new BGEO the same instance so it's overriding the game one, which isn't a good thing for the skirt morph.

And in fixing that I find my CAS part edit isn't working right - when I save the CAS file the game won't even read it. *sigh* I'll have to look further tomorrow.
Alchemist
#34 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:11 AM
I looked at a shoe mesh for someone that did not fit right. There was a gap between the shoe and the leg, although the vertex positions and weights were on the shoe matched those on the leg perfectly.

The problem turned out to be that the VertexIDs on the top row of the shoe need to be the same as the IDs on the matching vertices on the bottom row of the leg.

Perhaps the current problem is related.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Theorist
#35 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:02 PM
Thanks for helping me!
What I have to do now?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:27 PM
Wes: that's interesting - strange since the vertex number range is quite different for bottoms/body and shoes, but now I'm curious to take a closer look at the in-game shoes.

Kiara: I really need to see your lod1 morph mesh to try and figure out what's wrong. If you want I can PM you my email address if you'd rather send it that way.
Theorist
#37 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Kiara24 : 19th Dec 2009 at 2:19 PM.
Thank you, I hope that you find out what I did wrong.
After you download, just let me know and I delete.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 1:27 PM
Got them! You can delete.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 7:22 PM
I don't see anything wrong with your morph except I suspect it's not big enough to match up with the game fat morph. As you make the Sim fatter, her legs come outside the boots mesh and the tops of the boots disappear. I don't know why the rest of the legs keep the boots texture while the part at the tops of the boots keep the skin texture - that's the part you added from the skirt mesh so probably it has something to do with the texture mapping. I don't know enough about texturing to help with that. You can also see some distortion at the ankles where I think the legs are bigger than the boots morph.

As a test, I scaled the tops of the boots way bigger and farther apart, and here's a pic of that with the Sim close to the top of the fat slider. You can see where the outside of the boot tops are outside the leg and showing fine, while the insides are inside the leg. I think you just need to made your morph bigger.

I've fixed the CAS edit in BMM, and am working on directly modifying CTU package files to make the process simpler.
Screenshots
Theorist
#40 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 8:43 PM
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 9:13 PM
I tried making pregnant morphs for males (as part of that project I told you about), but it appears that the casp file generated by CTU are not functioning for the special morph--I always end up with missing meshes when testing in-game. Taking a casp file from the male pregnancy morphs you made fixes the problem, but I'd like to enable the part for more clothing categories.

Are there any suggestions you could give me, or is this an issue I should report to Delphy on?
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:07 PM
Great tutoriel! I would do many probably, if only I had milkshape.
Sockpuppet
#43 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:06 PM
Hey
I could be wrong but i heard you speak about a cas xml editor once?
Need to delete a line out of the CAS part......
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava
I tried making pregnant morphs for males (as part of that project I told you about), but it appears that the casp file generated by CTU are not functioning for the special morph--I always end up with missing meshes when testing in-game. Taking a casp file from the male pregnancy morphs you made fixes the problem, but I'd like to enable the part for more clothing categories.

Are there any suggestions you could give me, or is this an issue I should report to Delphy on?

I used CTU to make the CAS files for my male pregnancy morphs - CTU to tick off the 'maternity' checkbox and to change categories if I wanted, exported the package, extracted the CAS file and imported it into a new package with my new BGEO file. That was for game meshes, though. For a custom mesh you'd have to make the package with CTU as normal, create new bblend and BGEO files for the pregnant morph with BMM, extract the CAS file and modify it with BMM to point to your new bblend for the 'special' morph, and make a package with the modified CAS file, the bblend, the BGEO, and all the other files from the CTU package.

Make sure you've downloaded the latest version of BMM - there was a bug that made it trash any CTU-created CAS files it edited. Also I haven't actually tried that process with a custom mesh yet, though, so it's possible it won't work. Next version of BMM will make the process easier, but I can't work on anything until next week.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Hey
I could be wrong but i heard you speak about a cas xml editor once?
Need to delete a line out of the CAS part......

All I've been editing in the CAS file is the morph links - maybe eventually I'll put in the ability to edit the XML, but not soon. Sorry!
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 2:52 PM
I can't import the caspart with milkshape! help!
Sockpuppet
#47 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lkh
I can't import the caspart with milkshape! help!

True, not possible
You can only import the GEOM files(the mesh) in Milkshape.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Vattenlilja : 7th Jan 2010 at 7:49 PM.
Oh lord, what have I gotten myself into?

Okay... I've never ever tried making any CC before, and I'm not planning to either, BUT... I wanted some more maternity clothing in my game, so when I found this tutorial I figured "what the heck, I'll give it a try". But as it turns out, these tools aren't very easy when you've never used them before...

I've downloaded the tools needed. MilkShape is only a 30-day-trial, but that shouldn't matter, right? I've gotten the clothing I want (a top that came with the game) through CTU and into a package file. I used s3ep to extract the caspart. All good so far. But this is where I'm stuck... I open MilkShape and I assume I'm supposed to go to File>Import? But then what? What file am I actually supposed to import? And do I do this with the "Q-MESH Sims 3 GEOM Importer V0.16 - by Wesley Howe", or..? Sorry for all the stupid questions... I admit it - I'm a total noob!

EDIT: Duh, just read the post above this one. At least now I know what type of file I'm looking for. Where do I find it, though? Did I miss something?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:04 PM
Hah! No one said it was easy! :D

You need to export the meshes in CTU by using the 'Extract Meshes' button. You'll get three (possibly more) files with the extension of .simgeom. Those are the three lod files - lod1 is used for detailed closeup views of the Sim in the game, lod2 for midrange, and lod3 for distance. Some clothes have more than one mesh per lod, numbered "lod1_1" etc. The simgeoms are what you import into Milkshape using the Q-MESH Sims 3 GEOM Importer V0.16 - by Wesley Howe as you said.

Here's a link to a good starter tutorial for Milkshape, written by Wes Howe: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1244300190 (You can skip the parts about finding and extracting geom files since CTU does it for you.) Good luck!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:57 PM
Wow, I didn't see that button at all! But I guess that's what happens when you don't really know what you're looking for. Thank you, I'll give it another try!
Page 2 of 4