Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 7416 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 2:55 AM
Default Sims 2 - Aging by years?
The only aging hack I've seen is the real years passing in sims 2, but 360 days is too much for me!! The other sims aging hack doesn't work since I have pets...

For me, it would be perfect if the aging was like this (in sim years/4 season)
baby - 1yr
toddler - 2-5yr
child - 6-12yr
teen - 13-19
adult - 20-60
elder 61-80

And then the thought crossed my mind if it's possible to have sims Birthdays every year? So you could have a party but not have to switch a whole generation? That would be most realistic, and more parties! lol

Also...could anyone point me in the right direction so I could make this hack myself? For the aging/timeline, not the birthdays.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:04 AM
Inge made a hack that you edit in SimPE to set the age spans the way you want them, which you will find here: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Sims2_Aging.htm

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 4:09 AM
I had a large family once where I wanted to play them through the years in a semi-realistic manner, and I achieved that by setting my sim's age to 1 day before growing up and then turning aging off. That way you can still have birthday parties but they won't age up.

All you have to do then is celebrate the sim's birthday on the day they were born - 3rd of Spring, 5th of winter...
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 5:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAyakox
The only aging hack I've seen is the real years passing in sims 2, but 360 days is too much for me!! The other sims aging hack doesn't work since I have pets...

For me, it would be perfect if the aging was like this (in sim years/4 season)
baby - 1yr
toddler - 2-5yr
child - 6-12yr
teen - 13-19
adult - 20-60
elder 61-80

And then the thought crossed my mind if it's possible to have sims Birthdays every year? So you could have a party but not have to switch a whole generation? That would be most realistic, and more parties! lol

Also...could anyone point me in the right direction so I could make this hack myself? For the aging/timeline, not the birthdays.

Just a note here: a five year old toddler is too much. Most are considered children from the age of three and up.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 3:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by august32nd
Just a note here: a five year old toddler is too much. Most are considered children from the age of three and up.

Unfortunately the Sims doesn't recognize the pre-school age group - and the 3-5 year olds would fall into that catagory. So do you want to keep them as toddlers or have them go to school 9-3 like the elementary school kids do?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 3:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
Inge made a hack that you edit in SimPE to set the age spans the way you want them, which you will find here: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Sims2_Aging.htm

Just tried it and have to admit that I am a real idiot when it comes to SimPE. Used it to open the aging hack and I can see the lines that refer to the various ages of Sims (toddler, child, teen, etc.). But which numbers do I change and how do I change them. It looks like there is a min and max number of days for each, but does that refer to the length of time in each age period or the day it starts?
Site Helper
#7 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 6:54 PM
Well, this is the instruction text from the page where you downloaded it.

This package contains the BCON that deals with how long each age stage lasts. You can edit them with SimPE to make boring ages last less time, or keep adults fertile longer etc.

It is labelled "for pets" because you should not use my earlier one if you have Pets or later EPs. However, it is ok to use this version even with earlier games.

Each age group has two entries involved with it:

* Lines 0 and 1 = babies

Lines 2 and 3 = toddlers

Lines 4 and 5 = children
* Lines 6 and 7 = teens
* Lines 8 and 9 = adults

You need to enter the numbers as one less than the number of days you want the age to last. For example if you put "6" for a teen, they will be a teenager for 7 days. This is applied to a Sim at the time of transition, so edits to this file start to affect each Sim at his or her next age transition. I don't know if this file contains the place to specify total lifespan, so you may find if you make the teen stage say 90 days, Sims might die of old age while still teenagers. An experiment you might like to try. I saw a line with '70' as the value, so that might be the baseline life expectancy you could play around with.

Thank you to Paul White and Rune Borsjo who told me that the last 5 values in the BCON affect how many days elders can gain or lose due to events in their life. Presumably reducing all those values will get rid of the oldies quicker

So the numbers do refer to the length of time in each age period.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:55 AM
Actually I read that. And I understand that if I put a "6" for a teen they will be a teenager for 7 days. But where and how do I put the 6? On line 6 or line 7? In which column? Also, if I want to have the teens from age 13 to 19, that is 6 'years' right? But only if they are a baby for one year only. Does that mean that lines 0 and 1 should both be 0?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 4:29 PM
When I setup this hack myself, I started by looking at the values already there and compare them to what I knew to be the game's default ages. By default the hack has the same values as the unhacked game. Then I noticed that both lines for all age groups (except elders) had the same value. Therefore I just decided how long I wanted each age groups to be, adjusted the values accordingly, and even tweaked elders so they don't live as long (yay).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 9:29 PM
What column do you put it in? or what spot? Is it in the ID box where it has 0x000000(number) is that what you change?

Also, can you change the number of days in a season with this hack? Or is it 5 days each season default? so have 20 days be a year?

sorry for so many questions, but please help!
Site Helper
#11 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 1:38 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 13th Dec 2009 at 1:41 AM. Reason: fix spelling
I believe seasons are separate from ages. As for where you change the number, the spot with the 0x000000(number) is probably the spot if it's on the right line.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
. I don't know if this file contains the place to specify total lifespan, so you may find if you make the teen stage say 90 days, Sims might die of old age while still teenagers.

So the numbers do refer to the length of time in each age period.

can the teenagers die of old age?
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 9:30 AM
Well. It is a problem when comes Sim's age. For example when starting adult stage, age indicates starting to 29. Baby can turn into Toddler by 1 year. Toddler have few years turn into teenager or young adult in that way. Old have high days before their death.
Instructor
#14 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
can the teenagers die of old age?

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazamiHayato
Well. It is a problem when comes Sim's age. For example when starting adult stage, age indicates starting to 29. Baby can turn into Toddler by 1 year. Toddler have few years turn into teenager or young adult in that way. Old have high days before their death.

I assume you're using a translator like Babelfish? Don't. Learn English, or get a real person to translate for you. The stuff that comes out of google and babelfish is generally unintelligible to people who actually speak the language you're translating into.

“Nihil sacrum in comoedia.”

Section jump