Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Wishmaster94 : 11th Dec 2009 at 1:42 PM.
Default *SPOILER* Where is the Dong Huo's Keystone ?![SOLVED]
I couldn't find this damn keystone ! I'm so angry ! I spent my hours for finding this keystone but I couldn't find it ! I explored all the Market Caves but there is nothing ! I'll be crazy ! Please help me ? Where is this keystone in this Market Caves map ? Or is it in another place ? If I made mistakes,forget them because I'm Turkish.Yardım ederseniz teşekkürler!
Map:
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 5:24 PM
Don't you know where is this keystone ? Or are you making fun with me ?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 5:42 PM
Sometimes you can buy keystones from the local antiques merchants if you have coins.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 6:02 PM
Special plot keystones, not the generic "shape" keystones, are only available when someone gives it to you as a quest. There is no other way past these doors unless you cheat or receive the quest that will grant you the keystone. A generic "shape" key is usually found inside the tomb you are pillaging, but sometimes not. In this particular case, the different parts of the tomb are unlocked as part of a specific quest, and cannot be simply pillaged freeform, or else the quest would break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 6:32 PM
Some sources are saying this keystone is here,in the Market Cave but I explored it all.There is not a keystone.In Landgraab Cellars adventure,I found a keystone called "Keystone of Dragon".It unlocks the hidden door which is in the Dragon Cave.But after adventure finished,it deleted from my Inventory.What can I do ? Please help me.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 7:46 PM
Wishmaster, are you on the mission that requires you to go into the Dong Huo Treasure Trove? If not, you won't find the key stone. But if you are, it is in the last room, the one with the chest in the middle of the room, 3 lights facing it and statures around it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 3:08 PM
The adventure says "Win the Tournament".Only grandmaster can fight with Dong Huo,he is protected by evil bla bla bla...Isn't that the adventure which you are talking about ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 8:31 AM
Helloooo,can you help me please ? :/
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 9:45 AM
Wishmaster, people here are very helpful, but sometimes it takes a little patiens from your side too.

There are a couple of adventures that involve the Market Caves. I'm not sure which adventure you are playing. But usually, when you follow the instructions, you will be given the keystone you need.

From what you write, I think you have to win a sparing competition with Dong Huo. Am I right? And it says that you have to be a grandmaster? Then I think you should be ranked level 5 in Martail Arts. Check your skill journal what rank you are. If you're not level 5, then you should compete in more sparing competitions.

Hope that helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Wishmaster, people here are very helpful, but sometimes it takes a little patiens from your side too.

There are a couple of adventures that involve the Market Caves. I'm not sure which adventure you are playing. But usually, when you follow the instructions, you will be given the keystone you need.

From what you write, I think you have to win a sparing competition with Dong Huo. Am I right? And it says that you have to be a grandmaster? Then I think you should be ranked level 5 in Martail Arts. Check your skill journal what rank you are. If you're not level 5, then you should compete in more sparing competitions.

Hope that helps.

Yes,it says that but my Martial Arts skill is Already 10.My problem is where is Dong Huo ? Where can I find him to defeat him.

Sorry for bad English.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 10:50 AM
Dong Huo is not an enemy you fight. He is a mythical figure that will not be encountered alive, dead, or undead at any point in the tomb explorations, but you can only enter the deeper recesses of the tomb as part of a quest.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:18 AM
I've looked and there are 2 enterances to this cave. One is in front of the shops. You have to stand on a footstone to create an entrance. One is right behind the relic store. It's a hole in the ground that you can inspect. A swich will create another stairs that lead to the dungeon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 12:24 PM
OK,thanks for your help but I already know there are two entrances.First one is the tomb which I gave a map of it .Second one is the tomb which wants "Keystone of Dong Huo" .But my adventure says "Win the Tournament" .I'm realy confused .What I have to do to finish this adventure.Which tournament I have to win ?

By the way,Adventure's name is "The Grand Master's Fight"

If I made mistakes,sorry again.My English is not very good.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 1:40 PM
You have to invite over someone to spar with to become the grandmaster or whatever it is...I haven't done this one in a while, but I do remember that. To beat him you have to be a level ten, and win the title.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 1:41 PM
OH YES ! I solve my problem ! Thank you very very very very very much "chellemh" !
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 1:49 PM
you're welcome
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 12:59 AM
Hi Wishmaster,

You need to ring a sim on your phone and then pick "Challenge the next ranked contender". Then it will ask you if you want to challenge whoever in a match to the death or at the least to the shame. If you say yes, then within a couple of hours, the challenger will show up at your location. If the "Challenge next ranked contender is greyed out, then the challenger is probably on the same lot that you are on.

Once the challenger arrived, just click on him or her and select the "Challenge to ranked sparring match" and then let the fighting begin.

You will have to do this quite a few times to advance to the next rank, but the good thing is, that if you lose a match, you don't lose your ranking. Also if you lose a match, then you have to keep fighting the same sim until you beat him to get to the next challenger.

Each time that you advance in tournament ranking, you will be notified in the top right corner of your new level.

I have had about 20 tournament matches so far and am at 4th rank of the tournament.

Most of the challengers will be lower than you, I only had one that had the same level that I did, but as you advance through the tournament ranks, the fights still get harder to win, no matter what the level of the challenger.

Hope that has helped you out a bit.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 1:20 AM
i remember this pretty well and i completed this challange for the keystone you need to send your sims in france the keystone in question is in a casle in france

hello everyone and have a great day
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wishmaster94
The adventure says "Win the Tournament".Only grandmaster can fight with Dong Huo,he is protected by evil bla bla bla...Isn't that the adventure which you are talking about ?

I'm stuck on the Win the Tournament but What Tournament?! I have no idea where it is i have looked all over china but no one is holding a tournament. any ideas?
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Special plot keystones, not the generic "shape" keystones, are only available when someone gives it to you as a quest. There is no other way past these doors unless you cheat or receive the quest that will grant you the keystone. A generic "shape" key is usually found inside the tomb you are pillaging, but sometimes not. In this particular case, the different parts of the tomb are unlocked as part of a specific quest, and cannot be simply pillaged freeform, or else the quest would break.

IIRC, You can find a earthcore keystone, lodestone keystone, and another special keystone inside the great pyramid.
Inventor
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 5:37 AM
I'm on the quest called 'Find Key'. I did find the wall that opens at the bottom of the stairs and opens up a small room that contained coins, a relic and a money bag, and there was a plaque on the wall. I still don't know how to find the key, though. I need the key for this quest and to open the market caves any further. Does anyone have any tips for me on this part?
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:07 AM
Alright - so I defeated Long Duck Dong (LOL) - now there is a star shaped keystone for a treasure chest. Where do I acquire that keystone?

Melle*23*Married*SoapAddict*Sims2Addict*
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2SoapStyle
Alright - so I defeated Long Duck Dong (LOL) - now there is a star shaped keystone for a treasure chest. Where do I acquire that keystone?

Yeah I had the same problem ... I couldn't find it. I bought one of those keys that fits all locks from the merchant with ancient coins ... that worked, but there was just some random relic in there, nothing worth the bother
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 1:54 AM
I have read through this thread and used Google to find the answer and I'm still lost and can't find this key. I currently have the adventure "Deep Within the Forbidden City" and the current task of "Find Key". I think this means I need to find "Dong Huo's Keystone". My first question is, where is that tomb located that's in the first post?

I have found two ways down from the market. The first is by stepping on a floor switch in front of the market. That is where the keystone is required. The second is found by activating a tomb hole located just behind the market. If you go down there, there are a couple of tombstones, a sarcophagus and a hidden door. Behind the hidden door is a chest. That chest did not have a key in it. So I still have to ask, where exactly is this key?