Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 27 (Who?), Viewed: 8356 times.
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:34 AM
Default Christmas stuff is in the store now
It's the same things that came with the collectors edition 6 free items.No tree but that might be coming next week with the update and new patch.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:34 AM
Doe sthe christmas stuff have Santa like in TS1 and TS2?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:37 AM
No here is what it includes a dog,wreath,swag,manorra candle,hannakka candle and stockings to hang on the wall or mantle.
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:18618
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:45 AM
I saw that earlier. It's not "Christmas stuff." It's "Holiday Presents." As far as Christmas goes there is one object that could qualify as a Christmas item, which is the stocking set. The wreath and garland are merely decorations we often use in the winter, no more. The present box doesn't even look like a Christmas object.

Christmas items would include candy canes (shepherd's staffs), angels, Nativity sets and the like. The only holiday specifically targeted with the new items is Hanukkah.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 3:20 AM
...Who hangs a green wreath up for anything other than Christmas? Of course they're Christmas items (except for the ...manorawhatchamacallit) and they're all surprisingly cute. :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 3:44 AM
You know, I've never decorated the homes of my sims for any holiday. But I've downloaded all of these just on the off chance that they come in handy down the line. These look pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing them in-game
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 3:56 AM
Puppy!! So cute!!! I shall call him Jeffrey :P
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 4:33 AM
awe i was hoping for a full santa's outfit and everything! atleast you dont have to pay for it..

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 4:47 AM
No tree? :O(
Inventor
#10 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 5:24 AM
There was an error in uploading through the launcher. Stupid game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 5:26 AM
The stockings I like but why did they make the one in the middle blue?That's not a christmas color granted you can probebly change it with create a style.I plan on making it green or red maybe both colors.'

That error happened to me to.It took me 6 tries.Make sure you delete the ones that fail.Several people on the sims 3 forum have also reported this problem.I have WA and the latest update too and my launcher has never had problems downloading stuff.It worked on the 6th try.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 5:27 AM
Awh I wanted a tree, too... snfif and some candy canes.....
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#13 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 6:09 AM
I've actually used some of the Thanksgiving stuff, because it's nice in countryish kitchens and the like all year round. With the Christmas stuff, I have the opposite objection to the poster above: it's too Christmasy (or holiday-specific, I should say), and the Sims don't actually HAVE seasonal holidays (or seasons), so I'll pass :p
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 6:14 AM
Yes I will be using the Fall candle light I forgot what their called.They look good on the mantle either as 3 of them togeather or between two gingerbread houses.Another idea is if you have the cha cha bells from the store they look great with the Christmas decorations too.I plan on using the bells as well.Also the red pattern stars in create a style can be used for walls,floors and furniture.

Another thing if you have WA have one of your sims poor wine and get a picture of the two of them drinking.Wine also enhances the Christmas decorations by placing the bottles on tables,coffee tables and in the kitchen on countertops.I also color tables green and use the candles they have at the bistro they can be found in outdoor lighting.I put the candles on the green table and change the candles to red.You can use create a style on these candles.

With Fireplaces the better ones you have the option to change the color of the fire.I pick green for the fire color.It puts a very christmassy green color on the chimney and it the flame looks Christmassy itself.I'll be posting my holiday pictures in the random picture thread in the picture forums.

What I meant about not looking christmassy enough is the blue stocking but that's recolorable.I love the wreath and the swag.
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 12:32 PM
Dang, no tree. Oh well my Sims2 one was always taking up too much space and catching on fire. But then again, that was the entertainment value of the thing. Poo.

In Sims2 Santa once came to my sims house but he was hideously mutilated. I can't even begin to describe how hideous he looked, like he was shredded or something. Coolest. Santa. Ever. Mwahahaha!

Between burning Christmas trees and Slashed up Santas, my sims 2 sims have some Christmases to remember. Unfortunately I doubt any such cool horrors await in Sims3 Holidayland. I kept hoping the Thanksgiving mouse centerpiece would go out down into the nectar cellar and get drunk with the garden gnome, but ....denied!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 3:49 PM
CC trees are good for now.I'm planning on downloading one but won't list the site as I don't want to get banned from this site.The tree I'm downloading is the conversion from the sims 2 but it doesn't have any lights.It still has the decorations and gifts under it.As soon as I'm thru with it I'm deleting it out of my game as I want a cc free game.Next year EA will most likely be releasing a holiday stuff pack since the first stuff pack has already been confirmed for February.

That's probebly why their waiting but they could still be saving it for the update their going to be doing soon.
Alchemist
#17 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:01 AM
the only thing i really liked in TS2 was the christmas tree...

...because it often burst into flame. :)

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:20 AM
I want some mistletoe as well and no one has done a conversion of that yet.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 5:15 PM
Ah, more decoration stuff and not allowing the players to do anything with it. Boring...
Rogue Redeemer
staff: retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 5:22 PM
The whole pack was so lame.

Just a couple of boring decoratives, I mean, where's the lights? or Santa stuff?
I've seen better stuff on fansites, for crying out loud..
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#21 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
I've seen better stuff on fansites, for crying out loud..

Well, this goes without saying
Scholar
#22 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 10:18 PM
Living Sims has a page of Christmas finds here- including Christmas Trees! I think most of it is free content.
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:15 AM
Thank you very much, Tenielle. I was really depressed there was no tree or anything.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkloverplayer
The stockings I like but why did they make the one in the middle blue?That's not a christmas color.

My family has always used blue with other Christmas stuff, and I've always considered it a Christmas color. :/ .. A lot of the ornaments we have involve blue and silver, usually together, and often with angels and stuff.

I'd actually say the Christmas stocking I had when I was little was less Christmasy. It's red and white with a moose and plays single bells when you press it. xP .. Winter? sure. Holidays? sure. Christmas? I don't think so.

But yeah.. I don't even decorate for Christmas now IRL, let alone in my sims games. I am fond of Christmas lights however, though for everyday decor. I had a border of blue icicle lights around my room before I moved. Made great lighting, especially since my computer screen was super dim, and real lighting made it impossible to see anything on.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 6:05 AM
The middle one is recolorable.I recolored it red.I have the pictures but can't post them on here cause the site wants me to resize.My photos are resized.I resized them down at photobucket and they work on other sites.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump