Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 1956 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 5:19 PM
Default Some CC showing up, Some NOT showing up
I am having a problem with CC. Some of the things i download show up in game and some things do not.

I am running windows vista 32 bit. I dont know about any patches that I may or may not have.

Out of about 10 downloads (clothes/shoes) I've gotten about 3 things to show up in game (c:/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods/packages) I have had no problems with houses. Can someone please help me?

I have searched the forums, but found nothing that was my "exact" problem.

Thanks!

Edit: I do want to add, I have gone through the process of right clicking the file, properties, security, edit, add, advanced, find now, (my name) then allow full control.
Advertisement
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 6:43 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.
Have you used the Install Helper Monkey? Or how did you setup the \Mods\Packages\ folder?

Quote:
I dont know about any patches that I may or may not have.
Double-click the Game icon on your Desktop, tell me what you see in the Sims3Launcher screen; the numbers would be in this format: 1.7.9.002001
GameVersion = ?

Quote:
Out of about 10 downloads (clothes/shoes) I've gotten about 3 things to show up in game
Are all these 10 in .package file format after you've extracted the contents from a rar/zip file? Or did any come in a Sims3Pack format when you download them?
  • right-click on the game icon on your desktop
  • click on the last entry in the menu - "Properties"
  • in the Shortcut tab, click on the "Open File Location" Button
  • this should open C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\ or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\
  • do you see a file named "d3dx9_31.dll" in \game\bin\ ?
  • go up 2 levels to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\
  • do you have a "resource.cfg" in this folder?
  • can you see the \Mods\Packages\ folder, now?
  • are the 10 downloads (if they are in .package file format) you downloaded placed in this \Mods\Packages\ folder?

Open the "resource.cfg" file in Notepad, and paste it in your next post, also.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 7:15 PM
I have downloaded Installer helper monkey.
But before that I went into the sims 3 program files and created the "mods" and "packages" file. And I also did the "resource.cfg" file. Those are all listed under "The Sims 3"

I still did not see anything about the version number, when I launch the game it doesnt show any numbers what-so-ever.

I see the "d3dx9_31.dll" in \game\bin\

Going up to the sims 3 the "resource.cfg" file is listed

Bringing it up in notepad..

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

All of the files I have downloaded are in ".package" format .. Double checked that.

I hope I covered everything you needed to know...
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:01 AM
In the Sims3Launcher screen the version number is at the bottom left corner of the screen.

Haven't answered this qn:
Quote:
are the 10 downloads (if they are in .package file format) you downloaded placed in this \Mods\Packages\ folder?

The last line of your resource.cfg need another "*", so it looks like this. Although this doesn't matter if you do not have sub-folders in the \Packages\ folder.
Quote:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Try a visual mod from here: like Rick's No Intro or HP's NoBuild sparkles.

Section jump