Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Duo Tones, Olive & Umber - Replacement Skin Tone Slider

by missy harries Posted 23rd Dec 2009 at 9:33 PM

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:16 AM
I replaced all the skin tones by yours. I must say it is a very nice idea and it was just what I needed to make fantasy Sims.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:17 AM
I just wanted to say I love these skins. I also wondered if you had any plans for a pure white skin tone, the defaults aren't quite 'white' after all.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:38 AM
yay! i <3 your duo-tones so much, and am looking forward to the overlay! ^.^
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:38 AM
Awesome!! Your skin sliders rock!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:16 AM
Do you have any plans to do a bright yellow to gold coloring?

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." -- James T. Kirk
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:16 AM
These work like a charm. Thank you so much for making them.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:50 AM
I love this one too! Much better tones for the green I think. I've put in all your replacements now.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:51 AM
This'll be great for my Spock sim! I was killing myself trying to make the perfect subtle green skintone with the darn sliders. :P

I take clothing for Sims 3 requests...but only if I like it. XD
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:41 PM
Sweet.

I think that's the complete set of Fantasy Sim skin tones.

Great job.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:19 PM
Oooooo! How perfect for creating earth Sims. Your skins are all fabulous!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:27 PM
Perfect, I love all your color sliders. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 8:21 PM
Thanks these look beautiful in game
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 6:05 PM
Thank you! I was so sad when I saw that you couldn't use the color wheel to make skintones. You're so clever, I would have never thought of this in a million years!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 2:47 PM
Thank you so much for our wonderful skin work. It makes for some strange intereting effects. Things that don't look good with default skins look really neat or strange or attractive with them!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 4:57 AM
I really love these two skintones in my game, thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:43 AM
Thank you very much for this, another great improvement over the default skintone.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:56 PM
Thanks so much for making these! If I may, I'd like to request an extention of all the natural skintone-sliders, you know, so that the skin can get even paler, cause my palest sims are slightly tanned. I heard others being annoyed by this, too.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Denmark, but I hope you understood what I said :P
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:26 PM
Thanks
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:27 PM
I was just wondering, don't laugh if you think this is a stupid queston but do theese skins overwright the skins in self o do they just change the colour? It just that I already have a defult skin I like and I was wondering if I could have theese to.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:14 AM
These just chang the colour babe. You can keep your defaults in.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:50 PM
OMG I love this! I've been waiting for someone to figure out how to do this!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 3:58 AM
I really like your skintones I like them a lot better than the default green/red/blue/whatever they were I never made any sims other than the ones that looked normal because I didn't like the colors. but now I can finally start my alien takeover of Sunset Valley with good looking sims
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TBLite
I just wanted to say I love these skins. I also wondered if you had any plans for a pure white skin tone, the defaults aren't quite 'white' after all.

Ooh, this! Now I love and _adore_ these beautiful replacements, thank you very much for them (I seem to stick with the blues, greys and the odd purple-red sim for the ones I play so far), but I have to admit that I too miss not being able to make a sim white. I'd even be willing to sacrifice the "gold" range in green to gold if I had to, if I could get a "extremely pale to actual white" alternative... haven't found one so far though, and these are just so beautiful.
It would just be nice to be able to give my self-sim my actual colouring when I get around making her, I guess. :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:08 PM
Ok so just to say that my intrest in the sims is back! I will be working on a greyscale non replacement slider soon guys.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Page 1 of 2