Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gigantic Townie Name Replacement Mod

by CuteLilDeadGirl Posted 29th Dec 2009 at 11:42 PM - Updated 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:06 AM by CuteLilDeadGirl : New Names Added. Redownload if you wish.

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:13 AM
Good job! It will be nice to not have to see the same names over and over again. Now all I need is a mod to change the faces to go with it haha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:26 AM
There is one Just above "Additional Credits" there is a link to my FAQ which includes info on how to get better faces, etc...
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:51 AM
Good job, but a lot of the first names are pretty weird and ones I don't plan on using... but still a neat job, I tried doing that with pet names once... and those were so many name repeats... haha

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 9:06 AM
*shrug* I only put a few truly weird ones in there.. if you're referring to the multiculturalness or the old fashionedness of many of the names, I certainly gave full disclosure but I know the mod is not for everybody's tastes... there are several available with normal english names and no unusual ones here on mts if that's what you're looking for... Thanks for your feedback and happy simming
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:46 PM
Thanks for making this really comprehensive name mod. I was interested by the other two but didn't feel they were exactly what I was looking for. I love the diversity of the names and I can't wait to see what comes up in my game! Thanks also for the tips and links for creating a clean neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:27 AM
Akasha and Maharet? Is Lestat in there somewhere as well? :D
I like your vision. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:49 AM
Heh, there's a Lestat in there somewhere, of course
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:13 AM
Love it, but not sure I want to go back to the (crappy) default pet names. The multi-cultural thing is terrific & long overdue!

How hard is it to add pet names to your mod? (I would be doing this strictly for my personal use.)

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:23 AM
Go to my FAQ and there is info on pet names, alternate versions, etc.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 5:49 PM
This is great! I love the diversity of names you've chosen and they are all much better than what maxis gave us originally. Thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:33 PM
Looking at the names of Townies.. Theres so many REPEATS!
I will definatly download this, Because I just love interesting names.. and No repeating!
If its not to hard.. could you add some japanese names :DI would :lovestruc LOVE if you did I love Japanese names hehehe ^w^

Great work aswell

ALSO ><
Does this change the names of NPC's aswell? I don't think it said anything about them in your post.. If they did my bad ^^;
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:59 PM
there are already a lot of japanese names in there you'll see... i think i put every japanese name i've ever heard in there, as well as some more i found on baby name sites, etc.
yes, NPCs will spawn with names from this list too. all sim types will, even witches and vampires. i currently have a good warlock named Will Le Petite, which is just adorable in my opinion...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I have always wanted as far as names go for my townies and NPCs. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 5:07 PM
Thank you very much. I am new to Simpe. Is there a way to combine my own name list with this one? Can I export this as a text file, for example? If so, How?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 12:20 PM
You certainly can. There is, from memory, a link to the SimPE plugin you will need in the comments of Jordi's original name replacement mod (right here on MTS, just search for it, I'm pretty sure I linked to it in my credits, in fact)... once you have the mod open, click on the type of names you want to add to (eg. male first names) and next to "language" click "export".. then it is easy enough to add your own names on the end.. save the text file and click "import", then save if you're not familiar with simPE, it might take some getting used to and looking around, but it is relatively simple...
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 4:37 PM
Thank you very much! I'm a junkie for random-ness. I spent the last two days compiling a giant name list once I saw this was possible. Oh, this is gonna be fun!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 6:42 PM
Ok, I am on my way here. Looks like I have to put <-Desc-><-String->between each of thousands of names, but that's better than having to type numbers in front of them. Let me know if I am being silly to do that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 4:49 AM
you're not being silly, that's exactly what you need to do
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:26 AM
Ok, two solid days of work later (unemployment has it's upside) and I am done. I now have more than 3500 names on each list so that's more than 1,500,625,000,000,000 possible names. I think. and yet I still want to add more. I might be OCD. I'll go see a doctor now and thanks for your help.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:05 AM
it didn't work .Be soooooooooooooo cool if it did.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:58 PM Last edited by CuteLilDeadGirl : 25th Jun 2010 at 1:45 PM.
What do you mean, it didn't work? That seems really unusual to me, as thousands of people have downloaded this mod from all the places I've uploaded it to and you're the first person to say it didn't work... I think there must be something you're doing wrong....
You do realize it won't change the names of townies that already exist, right? It only gives new names to new townies that are created after you put the mod in. Also, have you cleaned your neighbourhood templates before creating a new neighbourhood to test it in? Without clean templates, the original pleasantview townies will spawn in any new hood.
Also, what language is your game in? Is the mod enabled for your language? It only works for the languages listed.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 8:59 AM
You *do* understand that this listing is a complete dream? It's so nice not to have 7 Genesis Lambs running around town... thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 7:15 AM
You're so very welcome
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:59 PM
Do you have Justice and the seven virtues?
Page 1 of 2