Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent for TS3 *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 11:54 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:39 AM by treeag

1632 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1132 Feedback Posts, 499 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 66
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 12:20 PM Last edited by x-tashi-x : 26th Dec 2009 at 12:31 PM.
I loved the book of talent in TS2 it was really helpful!
Thank you so much!

Question... is compatible for WA?

EDIT: I have WA and I installed it. No crashing, and it showed up in buy mode. I bought is and placed it but... I can't interact with it. No options. And I can't put in inventory?

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 12:24 PM
Glad you're back!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 12:27 PM
great! this will be useful! thank you, treeag!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 1:10 PM
işte bu güzel oldu
Thanks it's perfect
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 2:11 PM
I have world adventures installed and the newest update which includes the shop through the game, and it all works like a charm! :D

Great download thanks!

Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
Thank you so much!

EDIT: I have WA and I installed it. No crashing, and it showed up in buy mode. I bought is and placed it but... I can't interact with it. No options. And I can't put in inventory?

Sounds more like a conflict of mods to me, as I'm running it with WA without issue.

This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain and 100% Reason to Remember the Name- Mikey Schnizlle
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
Thank you so much!

I have WA (2.2.8) Maybe you haven't installed the framework dll properly. Do you have any other object mods? Do they work? There's more info about it in the install instruction, I think.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 3:52 PM
I'm having the same problem as Tashi, this is the only mod I've installed so far.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 3:52 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 27th Dec 2009 at 5:34 AM. Reason: Please do not discuss pirated games
Thanks treeag you are my favourite mod creator i loved the book of talent in ts2 and i'm glad you made it for ts3.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 4:06 PM Last edited by galahon : 26th Dec 2009 at 4:39 PM.
THANK YOU! Going to try it out now I'm sure it'll work perfectly ^_^

Ok it didn't work perfectly I'm having the same problem too. When I brought it into my game there were no interactions and I can't put it into my sims backpack. I don't have any other mods installed at all and I'm also running version 2.3.33. Could my version be the problem?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 4:14 PM
Thanks a lot!
It's simply need...
thanks, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 4:18 PM
AHHH!!! I REALLY needed this! Just lastnight I was saying: geeze I wish I had that book of talent for S3. And here it is! It's like you read my mind!! Thanks bunches!

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Marie Henri Beyle (1783-1842)
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 4:40 PM
i have the base game version 1.85 and it doesn't work for me. it shows up in the game and i'm able to buy it, but my sims can't interact with it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:04 PM
Guys, if this is the first mod you've installed ever for TS3 there's a chance you haven't placed the framework correctly. Read this thread for more info: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382769 I've made sure I've done everything DigitalChaos wrote
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:12 PM
Well, I've installed mods before, so I know how to install them and have the framework. I just received and installed World Adventures. So i cleared all mods from my downloads except this one. I'm having the same problems those people are having, like i can purchase it, but can't interact with it or put it in the backpack. So it isn't compatible at the moment apparently.
I'd really like to see it worked on, since it sounds like a cool mod =]
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:17 PM
So, does this include the WA skills? Or just the base skills?
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:21 PM
Since I got the sims 3 I have had nothing but problems when it came to mods.....even fixing this and that has done nothing. But I too have had the same issues. I can buy it, place it but no interaction. Still love it though and am currently figuring out why I am having this problem
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:26 PM Last edited by treeag : 26th Dec 2009 at 5:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScreamoKidd
Well, I've installed mods before, so I know how to install them and have the framework. I just received and installed World Adventures. So i cleared all mods from my downloads except this one. I'm having the same problems those people are having, like i can purchase it, but can't interact with it or put it in the backpack. So it isn't compatible at the moment apparently.

But it's built with WA So it must be compatible or it wouldn't work in my game either... would it? I have resource.cfg and mods/packages folder in WA dir though. But I have the framework in both base game and WA dir. Other than that, I don't know what's happening...

Quote: Originally posted by PanicButtonVI
So, does this include the WA skills? Or just the base skills?
Both
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:44 PM
Wow, thank you thank you thank you :D
Now when I set a career, I can max up the skills so my sim isn't fired!
Thanks so much for this :-)
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScreamoKidd

You need to have all the mod stuff in the world adventures folder as well I had the same problem then I put everything in there and it works fine just copy and paste everything over to it as well ^^
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:13 PM
Thanks so much for this great mod I'm smacking myself in the head now silly me
Works perfectly in 2.3.33
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:32 PM
This looks like a really great mod and I'd like to use it, I'm just curious before I install it - will this work with the base game's latest patch? I don't have WA installed yet, so will it work?
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 7:36 PM
thank you so much, i have been waiting for someting like this, great THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 7:49 PM
Thank you for this! It works perfectly fine for me and I'm updated 2.3.33.
Page 1 of 66