Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Sims 3 Store content not properly installing.
I'm aware MTS isn't Sims 3 Store troubleshooting, but someone might be able to help.

I have the content int he downloads folder and it shows up in the installer. I install it. Most say success, some say I need the latest update(despite having it), and in the end, only 4 or 5 install. The rest do nothing.

I searched and the only apparently working answer I found was

"User>Library>Preferences and simply deleted my "The Sims 3 Preferences" folder"

But I can't find that folder. :\
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 12:40 PM
"User>Library>Preferences" sounds like OS X. Are you on OS X?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:43 PM
No, Windows 7. D:
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 2:48 AM
Known issue with the new patch 1.8/2.3 - broke the Launcher. We have to wait for EA to fix.

Pre-patch installed Sims3Packs might disappear - read sticky for workaround.
New Sims3Packs cannot be installed via Launcher (even though status say Done, the DCCache and DCBackup folder won't have any new content) - use other installers as a workaround (Tutorials:TS3_Installation_Tutorialswiki), if you'd rather not wait for EA.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:03 AM Last edited by Claeric : 27th Dec 2009 at 8:43 AM.
Hm...I tried the Merlin installer from TSR, it said everything installed, but nothing in-game. :\ And worse yet, the package files I had that DID work...now don't. Crap.

Edit: Ah! nevermind! Delphy's installer is working. I have to do it one-by-one though, or a few-by-a-few, or it might crash. I assume it is from doubles. Unfortunate the damn custom icon isnt there though D: