Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Avatar Inspired Alien Skin Tone + Eyes

by VacuumMelon Posted 28th Dec 2009 at 4:48 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2010 at 2:29 PM by VacuumMelon : added link to the defaults by Lucia Carlota

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:58 AM
It's beautiful! Great work!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 6:59 AM
So very beautiful, this skintone will be perfect in my sci-fi themed neighbourhood.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:00 AM
This is great! I've been thinking about setting up a Pandora neighborhood ever since I saw the movie and this is just too perfect! Thanks XD
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:20 AM
WOW this is great thanks alot XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 9:51 AM
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 12:25 PM
Wow. Amazing work!
:O
Thnx!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 12:34 PM
What a wonderful job !!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:42 PM
cool! thank you soo much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 2:46 PM
Just thought i'd tell you that these are AMAZING, as I can only wish it was for sims 3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:05 PM
Wow!! Just saw the movie last weekend, and was wondering how long it would be before we saw some brilliant person create the skins....Thank you soooo much!!!
The movie was a feast for the eyes, and you did a phenominal job just from the poster.
The Pandorans are very tall, and I had a code for the skeleton stretch, (but lost it....I also didn't know where to use it) but if someone can make that work...they would look more authentic (height wise).
You did such a great job, I hope you can be able to see the movie soon.
(Like amethystblue, I would love to score some of the props...like the "bioluminescent" plants....)I expect we will see more and more down the line, but YOU are the one who set it off with your yummy skin!!! You definately rock!!!Thank you again! P.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 5:08 PM
Irayo!

((That means thankyou in Na'vi aka the blue aliens in Avatar. Yeah I'm an uber nerd. LOL.)) Anyways I've been wanting one of these skins since I saw the movie and started learning Na'vi. You did a wonderful job with it and I'm going to make room in my overcrowded download folder for it.
You should see the movie. It's pretty awesome.
Anywho the skin is absolutely beautiful. Again, Irayo.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 6:10 PM
Jasonpam, thank you so much!
When I saw the poster for the first time, I was just like omgiloveit, and wanted to have a skin like this in my game. At first I was afraid that perhaps the fans of movie won't like it, because I only had reference for face, so I'm glad to hear that people do like it, hehe.
And I think that the cheat was "stretchSkeleton 1.0" (changing the numbers changed the height).

NaniNani0732, Irayo to you too for kind words. :D
I hope to see the movie soon, because I browsed the web today and saw some very pretty movie stills.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:13 PM
Yay! You uploaded it! This is awesome! I love shiny skin tones! When I go back to playing the Sims 2 I will definitely use it! Do you mind if I try my hand at converting them for the Sims 3? And yeah, the movie is awesome!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:17 PM
Love this! Downloaded and prepared to insert in my game! My inhuman sims love it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:30 PM
Thanks, Novastrike.

Carakamai: Thankss! And go ahead, it would be awesome if you could do it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 7:44 AM
So cool. I can't wait to use these. And see the movie. Thanks.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 8:17 AM
these are awesome but im sorry the right side of the face is acctually for both sides but i can see on the poster that its only showong one side anyways this is pretty awesome for someone who hasnt seen the move and i just saw it yesterday and im like i so have to make this for sims 2! THX THX THX THX THX

dats a parrot made it myself tehe HI MUM

__(")>
_<( )>
...." "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:52 AM
Yep, crazy_elf, I didn't intend to make it like it was in the movie, I just used poster as an inspiration. That's why the skin looks different from the movie version. But thanks anyway
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:42 PM
Oooh! That's pretttty!!! It's not exactly the same skin, but 1) you haven't seen the movie (which you should) and 2) it's prettier. It looks like stars in a twilight sky...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 5:42 PM
Yep, I'm intending to watch it as soon as I can.
Quote:
It looks like stars in a twilight sky...

That was exactly what I aimed for! Thanks
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:50 PM
I am speechless :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 10:01 PM
Gorgeous! I want this as my alien default :D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:50 PM
This is a beautiful skintone, great work. I would really like this as a defult replacement for the alien skintone though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:15 PM Last edited by griffin3002 : 31st Dec 2009 at 12:18 AM.
OMG I LOVE AVATAR!!!! an awesome job. amazing ahhhhh i love it just like the movie. AWESOMENESS, but the only thing i dont like is that the skin doesnt have the stripes on it, but it still awesome
Page 1 of 3