Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 7781 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:40 AM
Default Problems with foreign visitors/love interests
My sim met a romantic interest in Shang Simla and when she got home she invited him to come visit her (using the option 'invite foreign visitors'). He agreed and I was told he'd arrive the following day at 9am.

It's now two days later, he hasn't arrived. She can call him long distance but the option to 'invite foreign sim' is greyed out.

So I sent her back to China, where he (of course) still was. Their relationship is at max and the highest interaction I can get her to do with him is 'make out'. No propose, go steady, nothing.

Annoyingly, he works at the market which means he works 24/7, so she can't even get him back to base camp for a bit of woohoo.

What's going on? I don't have the latest patch as it caused my game to constantly crash to desktop so I've recently reinstalled.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 1:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_fairy
It's now two days later, he hasn't arrived. She can call him long distance but the option to 'invite foreign sim' is greyed out.
Maybe the NSA got him and he's cooling his heels in Gitmo? Or maybe he's just wandering around at random in the neighborhood someplace, and you just can't see him.

Quote:
So I sent her back to China, where he (of course) still was. Their relationship is at max and the highest interaction I can get her to do with him is 'make out'. No propose, go steady, nothing.

Annoyingly, he works at the market which means he works 24/7, so she can't even get him back to base camp for a bit of woohoo.
Shopkeepers are restricted in the level of socials they can reach, so that may be why. You will have to wait until he stops being a shopkeeper.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 1:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
Maybe the NSA got him and he's cooling his heels in Gitmo? Or maybe he's just wandering around at random in the neighborhood someplace, and you just can't see him.

Shopkeepers are restricted in the level of socials they can reach, so that may be why. You will have to wait until he stops being a shopkeeper.

I was wondering that. Gayness.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:25 PM
Quote:

If he's a he and she's a she, wouldn't that be Straightness?
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:35 PM
What happens in Sim-China stays in sim china, your sim was just a long distance booty call to him..

kidding >.> lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 4:32 PM
My poor sim! Oh well, I consoled her with Don Lothario; they get on great
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th May 2010 at 2:02 AM
What about the Special Merchant? Can your sim get to a higher level of sociability with them? :-) Mine is only hat "hold hands, "Amorous hug" and "flirt', even though their maxed out in the green friendship bar ("Best Friends"). No smootchies, no making out, no Woohoo!
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote:

uh oh i dont think so....one of my sims (Dannyl) love interest is working at market in egypt...
they can have woohoo in tent, just place a tent near water fountain in market and ask the partner
:P
Inventor
#9 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwood13
What about the Special Merchant? Can your sim get to a higher level of sociability with them? :-) Mine is only hat "hold hands, "Amorous hug" and "flirt', even though their maxed out in the green friendship bar ("Best Friends"). No smootchies, no making out, no Woohoo!

Bringing an old topic up, probably, but I'm wondering the same thing. My sim is a love interest with the special merchant and they are at the highest level of friendship (best friend, I believe), but they can't do anything. Is there a way I can make him not the special merchant for a bit or something? He's visiting her at the current time and I want them to 'try for a baby'.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
According to Babele's findings http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...399#post3340399
Quote:
I just discovered that if you throw a party in a vacation world some of the local merchants might turn up, which will then make them lose that job. Permanently, it seems.

I think it is time you threw a party!
Theorist
#11 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 10:32 AM
Having the Special Merchant as your bf/gf is rather easy. They stop being a merchant after 9 p.m. Visit them at their home then and they are just like any other Sim.
And if you want to free a merchant permanently, just use AwesomeMod or MasterController and make them active. They will quit their jobs immediately and be replaced. Switch back to your Sim and you're ready to go.

Section jump