Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 16
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:09 PM
YES! Thank you so much Mootilda! I've been wanting this FOREVER!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 3:49 PM
Yaaay! This is amazing! Thank you! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 4:00 PM
yes, finally I can move houses without rebuilding them! That is so sweet, yay! Thank you very much, I'm so grateful!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:06 PM
Yayness! I found the old lot adjuster to be extremely useful, and this one sounds even better! THANK YOU!!
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:12 PM
Thank you! I've used the old one and I will definitely use this one as well.
One question that comes to mind: now that we can make a lot e.g. 2.3 hood tiles wide, how will they place? Will there be some space (e.g. 0.7 hood tiles) left between them, or will they place adjacent to one another?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:36 PM
Lots must still be sized in multiples of 10... the LotAdjuster shouldn't allow you to make a 2.3 tile wide lot. This is a restriction imposed by EA; the LotAdjuster just tries to ensure that you don't make an incorrectly-sized lot.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:20 PM
I've been waiting for this for the longest time-believe it or not, I knew you would do one better than the original!
Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:49 PM
OMG. I just made a house last night that needed this, but I didn't use it. It's fine now.
HOW IRONIC, huh?
Thanks! (Still feeling awkward, lol)

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:58 AM
Very cool - looking forward to playing with the new features! Thank you for all of your work!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:26 AM
Sweet! This is a great tool, Mootilda! I used it actually, on a home I downloaded that just didn't have a backyard!! Now with this tool, I was able to make plenty more room! Now I can put a soccer field and all.

Question: There was something a little funny that happened. Everything was in place except just 1 object. I noticed, after I expanded the lot, one of my beds was floating in the air outside. (In all honesty it had me laughing a floating bed ) but I was just wondering what causes that? Is it a CC thing (the bed was cc.)

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 10:53 AM
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Lots must still be sized in multiples of 10... the LotAdjuster shouldn't allow you to make a 2.3 tile wide lot. This is a restriction imposed by EA; the LotAdjuster just tries to ensure that you don't make an incorrectly-sized lot.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:50 PM
omgsosupercool!!!!!!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
Question: There was something a little funny that happened. Everything was in place except just 1 object. I noticed, after I expanded the lot, one of my beds was floating in the air outside. (In all honesty it had me laughing a floating bed ) but I was just wondering what causes that? Is it a CC thing (the bed was cc.)
Was the bed occupied at the time? If so, this may be the documented problem about sims appearing in the wrong place; run for a moment and the bed (and sim) should slide back into the appropriate place.

If the bed wasn't occupied, or if the bed and sim don't move back to the appropriate location after running, then I'd have to see your save game. If you made a backup before adjusting and you haven't deleted it yet, then zip up the neighborhood package and the lot package and attach them here. If you don't have a backup, but haven't run the LotAdjuster again, then look for files with the BKP file extension, zip and attach the BKP associated with your neighborhood and lot. It would also be helpful to have a link for the CC bed.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:58 AM
Oh yeah, the bed was occupied. That was probably all the problem was. Thank you for replying!

Was the bed occupied at the time? If so, this may be the documented problem about sims appearing in the wrong place; run for a moment and the bed (and sim) should slide back into the appropriate place.

If the bed wasn't occupied, or if the bed and sim don't move back to the appropriate location after running, then I'd have to see your save game. If you made a backup before adjusting and you haven't deleted it yet, then zip up the neighborhood package and the lot package and attach them here. If you don't have a backup, but haven't run the LotAdjuster again, then look for files with the BKP file extension, zip and attach the BKP associated with your neighborhood and lot. It would also be helpful to have a link for the CC bed.

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#16 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 4:43 AM Last edited by SleepycatDSL : 5th Jan 2010 at 5:06 AM.
Quote:
I also want to thank SleepyCat for being the inspiration for this major change to the LotAdjuster. I really like his wonderful "Clean Base-game Compatible Occupied Lots". Unfortunately, all of the houses are too far from the road for my liking, but none were far enough back to shrink by a full 10 tiles. So, I was strongly motivated to create this new version, which allows me to move the houses closer to the road.

Your very welcome. I can't believe you like my base-game compatible houses so much! *is in shock*

Oh, btw, I'm female
Site Helper
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:13 AM
Sorry about that... I tried to check but couldn't find anything that said whether you were male or female. I've fixed it now.

Mostly, I love your single sims... I've been playing a neighborhood that I created with all of your singles. My tendency is to mod the houses that you supplied, rather than build new ones. Don't you like back yards?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:29 AM
This is excellent - when building lots houses I always have to rebuild (bad planner) to get that extra tile here or there. Thank you very much indeed.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 12:52 PM
Sorry about that... I tried to check but couldn't find anything that said whether you were male or female. I've fixed it now.

Mostly, I love your single sims... I've been playing a neighborhood that I created with all of your singles. My tendency is to mod the houses that you supplied, rather than build new ones. Don't you like back yards?

Well I'm very glad to hear/read you love my single sims too. I hope they are behaving themselves. Some of them were quite naughty in my Riverhaven hood & story. Some of them are naughty in any hood I put them in.

For a long time I didn't like backyards. I like them now though and my newer houses all have them. I dislike moving sims to new houses so I usually build them so they will be easy to add on too.

I've never tried using your Lot Adjuster before, although I've thought about it, strangely enough for those very same houses. I think I'll be trying it soon as I'd love to have those houses (and a few of my old community lots) on larger lots.

Oh, the un-occupied versions of my base-game compatible houses are in my Lot section
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=832
Mad Poster
#20 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:36 PM
This is excellent - I have been wishing there was a feature like this for ever

On an unrelated note, I have had a strange thing happen in the LotAdjuster, I had the version before last and thought it might fix itself when I updated to 2.7 but it didn't, so I would be interested to know if this is a known bug - basically, the subhoods don't label themselves properly. So if I want to edit lots in the main hood, I have to click on "Hobbies". It seems to be that lots show up in the subhood created one after the hood I mean.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. Here is an example. I made a new hood and add a university, then a downtown, then a shopping district in that order. But when I click on the downtown, I get the lots from the university appearing instead of the downtown lots. I can't access the shopping district lots and have to click "Browse" to get to them. The lots from the main hood appear in the subhood named "Hobbies" "Weather" or "Magic" whichever is created first.

It's not a huge problem as I can access them using "browse" if I forget the order created etc, but I don't think it is supposed to happen so I thought I would mention it.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:51 PM
simsfreq, I've never seen this before. Let me try to reproduce your results.

The list is designed to skip over the blanks and the hood numbers, so there's a possibility that something has gone wrong in that logic.

Does your primary neighborhood appear in the list of hoods? What is the name of your primary neighborhood? Are you using any special characters, such as punctuation, in the names? Do you just use the default names for the subhoods? Does this also occur if you use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the neighborhood list, rather than clicking on the name?
#22 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:13 PM
::nab::
Additional Credits:
This program is derived from the LotExpander, which was designed and developed by Andi8104. Without his work, the LotAdjuster would not exist.

Thank you to all of the people who helped to make this tool a reality, including aelflaed, baratron, ebonyspiral, GeneralOperationsDirector, ikbod, Inge Jones, ingeli, J. M. Pescado, KariMinger, ladykatsim, Mutantbunny, niol, plasticbox, pljones, Quaxi, and Rascal.
::blush::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM
What the what?! This is awesome!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 7:07 PM
Thank you so freakin much, but damn... I think this should be featured upload.

Onii-chaaan! ~
Site Helper
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 5th Jan 2010 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I made a new hood and add a university, then a downtown, then a shopping district in that order. But when I click on the downtown, I get the lots from the university appearing instead of the downtown lots. I can't access the shopping district lots and have to click "Browse" to get to them. The lots from the main hood appear in the subhood named "Hobbies" "Weather" or "Magic" whichever is created first.
I wasn't able to reproduce this. I regenerated the default neighborhoods and then added Academie Le Tour, Downtown, and Bluewater Village to Belladonna Cove. When I run the LotAdjuster, the correct lots appear in the correct neighborhoods and subneighborhoods. Can you give me any more information which might help me to reproduce this problem? Would it be possible to zip and attach your neighborhood here, so that I can see whether I get the same results on my machine? It should be enough to give me all of the neighborhood and sub-neighborhood packages; I doubt that I will need the Characters, Lots, or other subfolders.
Page 1 of 16