Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:35 AM
Default Putting ghosts in community lots
I'm currently building a museum in Sunset Valley to display some of my overflow of relics from my Sims' adventures including underground tunnels etc and fun stuff from buydebug. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a ghost haunt the museum but I don't know if it's possible to put one there. I've searched the net but can't find any help. Has anyone got any ideas?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:54 AM
You could try to make the Sim visit the museum and use the debug interactions to "instant kill" that Sim, switch active households and test it sometime.

I'm not sure if creating a residential lot with graves then switching it to community would work.

You could always add a mausoleum to the lot; maybe try removing it after?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:29 PM
Killing Sims on a community lot doesn't work. I accidentally killed quite a few once when I put a swimming pool in a lake and played with the constrainfloorelevation cheat and they drowned. Grim Reaper showed up and all that but the grave stones disappeared.

Not sure what you mean by the other 2 suggestions. Do the grave stones in buydebug produce ghosts on residential or graveyard lots or do I have to use the remains of a dead 'real' Sim that has already manifested itself as a ghost?

Thanks for your help.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:05 PM
You may have to build a household just for the purpose of killing a sim or two. Make sure one of the sims is still alive, and put the gravestones from that household into their inventory. Make that sim go to that community lot, and then go into your inventory and click on the gravestone, and hit "place grave," or something along the lines of that option. It worked for me when I wanted to put all the graves from my houses into the community graveyard.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:43 PM
I don't think the debug graves produce ghosts, if they did it would probably be some butt-ugly Townie.

You could have your Sim go the mausoleum and collect the graves of Sims who have died by clicking "manage the dead." (This is where Sims' graves who aren't the current household go) Try to place the grave on the lot right from your inventory.

I still think putting a mausoleum on the lot (changing it's lot type to graveyard) then removing it after the graves have been placed. Then add decorative objects to change the lot type to museum.

Also, in TS3 I'm unaware if the urns (graves placed indoors) produce ghosts.

My experimental TS3 Tumblr: Aeschere - SimsĀ³
Retired
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:10 PM
I don't know how well the mausoleum trick might work, but can quickly confirm that urns produce ghosts the same as graves do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:14 AM
Update on the ghost hunting:

Changed lot type to graveyard. Using moveobjects cheat I put a mausoleum in my underground tunnels (which works just fine with explore catacombs etc and because it was the Chinese version I even got a soulpeace gem!).
Took my sim to another graveyard and collected some remains via 'manage the dead' action. Placed them around my museum and waited until midnight....
Ghosts! yeh!
BUT as soon as I went back into Edit Town mode all the remains jumped back into my Sim's family inventory.

I think I'm chasing a lost cause, but if anyone can come up with any more ideas I'll give them a go.

Thanks for your help.