Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:34 PM Last edited by xxluizinh0xx : 11th Jan 2010 at 4:54 PM. Reason: wrong name
Default Loading crash impossible to fix :(
I patched my sims 3 to the latest patch. Before I Patch it, the game was running perfeclty. I did everything from the post that say how to fix it, but it stills crashing.I noticed that some buttons on the main screen was like ****22*** or somthing like that. Someone can help me?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 7:42 PM
What do you mean by "everything from the post"? Please tell us what exactly you've done.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:38 PM
I did everything that says on this Topic but didn't work

I was searching at EA forum and they said that's a 1.8 update error.
I'm kind of lost. Please someone help me!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:25 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki
If you had funny looking strings of text in place of names and descriptions, you have incompatible CC, which would have been fixed after doing the Loading Crash wiki.

If running a New game with no CC and new user files do not solve the crash (the stage you'll arrive at after completing that wiki FAQ), time to look at hardware.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:31 PM
Here is my dxdiag

==System==
Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP Professional(5.1, Compilation 2600)
System Manufacturer: A32G
System Model: A32GV11C
Processor:AMD Semprom(tm) Processor 3000+,MMX, 3Dnow, ~1.8GHz
Memory:2048MB RAM
Page File:559MB usage, 3380MB avaliable
DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)
==Display==
Name:NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Manufacturer:NVIDIA
Chip Type:Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory:512.0 MB
Main Driver:nv4_disp.dll
Version:6.14.0011.9562(English)
==Sound==
Name:SoundMAX Digital Audio
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:42 PM
I did everything, I deleted the Cache files, Removed my mods and also created new user files but didn't work. The game crash when 15% of the bar is loaded. I' ve also tried to use the Create-a-World tool but the same thing happens when I open a new world. It suddenly disappears and no error message.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:53 PM
I am having a similar problem, the game will not load properly after installing the patch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and each time I install the updates it stops loading. No errors no messages, it just simply stops when the green bar is done loading and locks up. The green bar turns red after a while left to its own devices (like I get frustrated and walk away for a half an hour or so)
I do NOT have world adventures. I find it hard to believe that EA would make it so if you didn't buy the game you couldn't ever update your game (even to the point it was before they game out with WA) but then again I supposed they could. I would like to buy the expansion but I hesitate to do so If there is something wrong with my system or something and it won't work even if I do buy WA.
This is also a new installation of windows Windows. I played for a week or so with no issues, then this new patch came out. I have no downloads, no mods.

==System==

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6702
BIOS: Version 07.00T
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 464MB used, 3475MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6200
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0221&SUBSYS_2017174B&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9562 (English)
==Sound==
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:26 PM
Both of your computers are well under spec for playing TS3 - xxluizinh0xx, your processor is very slow and seems to be an old single core, and your graphics card is weak. ladyabigail, your processor is slightly stronger than the OP's but also too weak to play TS3, and your graphics card is even worse. You both have a passable amount of RAM; but it's not enough to make up for your systems' other shortfalls.

The 1.8 patch has been causing all sorts of problems for people with under-spec computers, and we haven't found a way round it yet. You may be able to play if you reinstall and do not patch up to 1.8, and it's worth a try; but don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Computers like those just aren't capable of playing high stress modern games.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:37 PM
yah, my graphics card died a couple months back and this is a spare from three upgrades ago. It did work for a few weeks with this graphics card. I tried it without the patch and it makes it to the screen where you can choose a neighborhood then crashes to desktop no errors and such. I guess I just don't understand why it all of a sudden stopped working, with no changes, updates, patches or anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 9:24 PM
yeah I know that my processor is slow, but it is above Pentium4 2.0GHz, which is the minimum requirement of Sims 3. And about high streess modern games, Modern Warfare 2(nice game) runs normally here. It's a kind of weird believe that Sims 3 is having problems here
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:36 AM
The 195.62 Nvidia driver is known to cause crashes on the series 6xxx & 7xxx running on Windows XP as stated here

If bypassing Launcher as shown here Game_Help:TS3_Bypassing_the_Launcherwiki, still do not help, try the suggested fix of rolling back to and older driver.

We suggest using the last stable 18x series: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:37 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 13th Jan 2010 at 6:08 AM. Reason: merged posts
I was with an older driver when this thing started to happen, the first thing I thought was that I needed to update the graphic card driver. BTW bypass the launcher didn't work

edit:
Didn't Work with the 186.18 Nvidia driver.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:07 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3.
I guess it is the 1.8 patch, then - it is too much strain on your low-spec computer.
You can either rollback (uninstall/reinstall) to the last patch that *did not* crash your game or wait for EA to come up with a fix in yet another patch (which might not work either).

ps: and please use Edit when you have something to add.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:23 AM
Default i have the same problem!!
Hey I have the same problem xxluizinh0xx has! I don't know If it all worked before the patch because I clean installed the sims 3, didn't test and patched to the latest patch.. i have WA too, my game version is 2.3.33.03002

My PC specs are:
-----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/13/2010, 00:15:28
Machine name: HOME-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: LakePort
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1897MB used, 3217MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I don't know how to fix this, it's anoying. I select the Town, it starts to load, the bar fills up about 15% and the game closes.. just like that.
I followed this guide: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Loading_Crashes

but nothing happened (well i could not find the Mods folder by the way i skiped that). Could it be that the WA expansion is not working? I dunno i need help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
I think I'll wait for the new update(if it will exist), because it is too stressful uninstalling ,reinstalling, patching. But thank you everyone that tried to help me

davskies, which graphic card is yours?
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:19 PM
Hi my card is:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8500 GT
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:20 PM
davskies, and anyone else, please make your own thread so we can keep different issues separate.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.