Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
- i mean the deku tree stands in the middle of some sort of canyon or is it a wood?
can't really tell from the picture http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h...eatDekuTree.jpg
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:50 PM
That has been prebuilt by R, and I refined it a little, but yes, the tree is definitely recessed and happy all by its lonesome....until someone comes to play ;-)

I finally got a little game going where I'm hoping to be able to screenshot some textures directly from the game.
Scholar
#53 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:53 PM
- the kokiri forest floor is nothing special, it's a mix of light, middle and dark green spots, these kind of textures can be generated by various paint programs, e.g. corel photopaint.. btw what's the size in pixels of the required textures?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 12:17 AM
I know, I've had some so-so terrains turn out, but I haven't been able to see the layouts well enough.

Terrains are 1024x1024 if you would like to help :-)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
I've found some good samples, just not sure how I can work them. Please help still so we can come up with something great!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 1:18 AM
I may have a good terrain for the forest floor. I've yet to test it in game though. I'm heading off to bed for the night, and I'll be back for the morning.

Thanks for your help cl82 :-)
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Revenger : 4th Feb 2010 at 5:20 AM.
Seems like you have taken a liking to CAW on the world.

Feel free to make any refinements and improvements to the CAW world I did on the hills if they look out of place too pointy etc, and Oh yes definitely CAW world textures seeing you have a knack at it but take your time.

It gives me a chance to study and play with RC heli's etc, I really need to finish my course.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 4:00 PM
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 11:17 PM
I believe this is the finished product, however, I am not sure if I should change the color of the facial features to match the roots. Any thoughts?

Screenshots
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 11:25 PM
Interesting Idea, but I would agree to try and match the roots to the walls.
Scholar
#61 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:03 PM Last edited by candlelight82 : 20th Mar 2010 at 2:41 PM.
wow, turned out very well
i also agree to try and match colors
#62 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 7:23 PM
No offense intended, but methinks your tree could use some roofing that looks like bark.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 7:32 PM
Is there a way you could place walls on top of the various roof levels and then match the rocks to the bark? That way the roofing would give the illusion of diagonal blend?

|
/ < rocks
|
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 9:52 PM
Great job! A few suggestions if you may:
Bark Walls!
Maybe some environment to blend in?
Not sure if this is in game, but maybe a trail leading to the entance?
I'm all out!
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 5:10 AM
this is so cool!!!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful information for an unusual build.
Page 3 of 3