Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2475 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:23 AM Last edited by Tragic_mistake : 23rd Jan 2010 at 12:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Converting a Sim3package file into a SIM file? [FOUND]
So I made a family in CAS, played them a bit till the eldest kid became a teen then moved her out to play with her alone. (I have AM installed.) After playing a bit I decided for some reason that I wanted to re-create her in CAS so she wouldn't have any family ties. I exported her, deleted the game she was saved to. Now I can't get the Sims3package file to install with either the game Launcher or 3Viewer.

Is there a mod that converts Sims3package files into SIM files so I can place her into my /Sims3/Savedsims folder?

I've looked all over here, SimsWiki and MATY for almost two hours now and my head is starting to hurt.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM
You might want to take a look over at The Sims Resource. They have a program called TSR Merlin. It manually installs sims3packs, that way you wouldn't have to worry about converting it. Personally my launcher doesn't work, so I have to use Merlin.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/prog...y/sims3/id/113/

There is also a page in the help section here that discusses installing sims3packs manually. You may already have seen this, considering you mentioned having 3Viewer.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ation_Tutorials

In the future, (and because you have AM), use the cheat "editsim" (this will bring the sim to a modified CAS) and then save the sim to the sim bin, and she will automatically become a .sim file.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:44 PM
I suppose it's a little late now, but if you ever want to do this again, you just have to send her into CAS using a dresser or mirror (or hack) and then click her icon, "Save to Bin".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Tragic_mistake : 23rd Jan 2010 at 12:20 AM.
Thank you both for the suggestions. I'll try saving her in CAS again to see if it will work this time.

@Traelia: I did see the SimsWiki page and tried everything expect for TSR Merlin since I've never trusted TSR as far as I could throw em, but if the CAS thing fails then I guess that will be my only option.

Edit: Just tried the CAS thing and it worked, thank you both very much .

Can a Moderator lock the board please? thank you.